• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Evolution by Fire! (738)

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Oh my god, Tepig's old trainer was such a jerk. Ash is three for four for getting fire starters from bad trainers (all except cyndaquil, of course). Paul's the only one of the three I like even a little. At least Tepig evolved too, he's been a much better battler as Pignite.

8/10

Littlemyuu

I don't like Tepig's old trainer, hes a meanie, also the way he looks makes me go meh.
poor little Tepig, the battle at the end was amazing, I knew Tepig would evolve!

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I hope we never see Tepig's old trainer again. I was glad Ash neat him and it was great seeing Tepig evolve into Pignite.

NPT

Just a member
This episode was kind of a rehash of the episode where Ash got Charmender, but it was still a good episode nonetheless. Tepig's old trainer Shamus was a total pompuss ass. Not only that b**tard abandoned Tepig, he even had the audacity to to ask it to leave Ash's side after evolving. He deserved that Flamethrower in the face.

On a side note, I really liked the M12 music that played when Tepig evolved.

Last edited:
I never thought we'd ever see the trainer who abandoned Tepig in the show.
What next? Will we see Snivy's trainer that it abandoned?

JudySpell

Banned
So we finally met the cruel person who abandoned poor Tepig & while he wasn't as bad as Paul I still didn't like his attitude. 7/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
So we finally met Tepig's old trainer and as expected he was rude. I liked Cilan's courtroom scene however, plus Tepig crying was so sad. I liked how Snivy supported Tepig and when Tepig evolved. :D

Leonhart

Imagineer
It was nice to see Kuitaran debut, although it's a shame that Enbuoh had a bigger role than it. Suwama was as conceited as I expected, but Pokabu did well when it battled Kuitaran and Enbuoh with Tsutarja's help. Pokabu evolving was great, as was seeing Chaoboo burn Suwama at the end of the episode.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Seamus was Satan in the flesh. How could his conscience stand up after abandoning Tepig, putting on fake tears to get rid of him, and then having the nerve to ask for him back when he was beaten by him. :/

Alloutℯ

Banned
Boring rehash. I would have been more interested if people would've used their imaginations to think of a better way to evolve Tepig instead of making him a Monferno clone.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Boring rehash. I would have been more interested if people would've used their imaginations to think of a better way to evolve Tepig instead of making him a Monferno clone.

Eh, Tepig wasn't as overexposed as Chimchar, so despite this rehashed plot, I enjoyed Tepig's evolution more.

Shayuin

Banned
As much as I love Tepig, this episode seemed too cliche since we had seen abusive ex-owners of Ash's Fire Starters before. Repetitive episodes are bad.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I was kind of disappointed by how Suwama was portrayed. I had always envisioned him as being like Shinji, yet in this episode he seemed like a generic selfish trainer who abandoned Pokabu for his own interests. I wish he'd been a recurring rival.

Daizy

I call you honey
Tepig's old owner was really evil huh. I liked how when Tepig got sad Snivy just slapped him. Also really loved how much Snivy cared for Tepig and how well she battled for Tepig's sake.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Daizy said:
Also really loved how much Snivy cared for Tepig and how well she battled for Tepig's sake.

She empathized with Pokabu since she apparently had a previous trainer just like he did, although from what we know it seems like Tsutarja left her trainer whereas Pokabu was abandoned. But their situations were mostly the same, which is why they could relate to each other here.

Shamus reminds me a lot about Damian and Paul, more about the latter about how he only wants strong Pokémon.
Tepig should have evolved as it was getting hit by a Flamethrower attack but other than that a good episode.
Pignite really should have evolved in to Emboar and have this episode take place much earlier

RafaSceptile

I like the episode and the evolution, but not evolving Pignite in the rest of BW was a missed opportunity.
Also a bit of trivia, but this episode had the lowest rating between all episodes until BW.