• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Evolution during battles?

Garbodor.

This would be an awesome feature to add but, it be so complicated. Animation, stats, etc. I feel if it were done eventually, it cause problems and become an annoyance.

I just really don't see how it would complicate things so much. Pokemon do not evolve in every battle and I just think it's much better for them to evolve as soon as they reach that level in the battle. The screen would change to evolution screen just like normal and then back to battle. It would make things so much more interesting IMHO.

Mew The Gato

You suggested an alternate method of evolution due to a Pokemon fainting. I expressed my opinion about it.

Garbodor.

You suggested an alternate method of evolution due to a Pokemon fainting. I expressed my opinion about it.

You misunderstood me sorry. I meant because the opponents Pokemon can only gain ex by beating one of yours so once they make one of yours faint then they would level up and evolve, this assuming the ex they gain from your pokemon is enough. I am sure their ex level would be set at a certain level already so they would only need win to level up.

Garbodor.

I though envisioned a different animation for the evolution of Pokemon.
If your Pokemon is evolving during battle then the camera view will rotate changing the view of the Pokemon from it's back to seeing it from front and then you can see it evolve in the battlefield on the grass,water or whatever you are battling. This way seems cooler.

I'd love for this to happen. Especially when you're in a tough battle, like a Gym battle to be exact. I don't struggle during Gym battles like I did in the past, but this would still be an awesome add.

TheSimplePickle

Skyla Lover
That actually might be a good idea in my opinion. It would change the tide in tough battles, and would be interesting to see how they would implement that into the new X and Y games.

KyuremFreeze

Hello, b0ss
i think its a good idea, but you also should still have the option to stop the evolution.

This would be an awesome addition! My Charmeleon is losing to a Wartortle, and then all of a sudden, here comes Charizard! And I come back from behind and win :D

TheEliteEmpoleon

I like the idea of that. It would make battles that much more realistic. I mean, come on; Why would a pokémon wait until the battles' over to evolve?

Spritzee

Electric Sky!
I'm here for this, I hate it when your Pokemon gets to the level it should to evolve then it faints later on in the battle so that you have to raise it another level.

Nightmareisalive

I always wanted that especially when I was younger and in a tough battle. It would a great thing to have I mean why does evolution have to happen after battle wouldn't it make more sense for it to evolve as soon as it reaches the level needed? Also in battle with friends or gym leaders it would be fun to have a Pokemon on the crisp of evolving and let it gain the ex needed to evolve it changes the idea of battles.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I like the idea of that. It would make battles that much more realistic. I mean, come on; Why would a pokémon wait until the battles' over to evolve?
Realistic as gaining a clump of mass out of nothing. There is no realism in that.

Guys, don't you know, there not going to change it because of tradition.... TRADITION!

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
I like the idea, few comments to other people though

The answer is simple: Pokemon who evolve with items do not usually evolve during battles in the Anime, so we could limit evolution by those means in battle.

And the opponent's Pokemon evolving is even more likely to lead to glitches - I am not an expert on these mechanics, but that much is predictable.

Except the opponents pokemon never gain experience from ko'ing something so they would never evolve mid battle

I've always pictured this happening. I don't know how'd it work though...

Probably after you ko a pokemon it cuts to the evolution screen seems like the easiest thing

Scolipedeluv

Squad member Ricchan
In Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, after an enemy pokemon defeats one of your teammates it will sometimes evolve.

TheBlackDuelist

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
I wont deny, this would be pretty cool to do. Although, it would be kind of a hassle to deal with the experience thing in the middle of a battle.

telivisionhead

I like it. And I don't like it. It could save you. Or kill you. How would the b button work if it goes to quickly or in a random battle what if the other trainer or wild pokemon evolves in the battle? I don't really like the idea even though it is cool and can save you.