• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Evolution Exchange Excitement! (724)

RickHoenn

Banned
Just like last week Iris offended Ash in the worst way possible, I guess this week's complain will be that Bianca does not give a **** about her Pokemon. :p

Janovy

Banned
Just like last week Iris offended Ash in the worst way possible, I guess this week's complain will be that Bianca does not give a **** about her Pokemon. :p
Despite the fact that neither of those two are actually true. ._.

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
Bianca's still a little jerk I see, at least it's a different enough direction that makes her more distinct from her game counterpart.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
It sucks that Bianca didn't get both, but I'm glad she got Escavalier. She seems happy, and she actually knocked out a Pokemon.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Uh, the script was kinda lame today.

Professor Juniper's "Arara"-quirk was overused to the max, the sweet and always-friendly Axew scares Shelmet for no reason at all, six 'dexings... The writer's desperation to fill 20 minutes was palpable, really. He wouldn't have had to stall if he'd simply expanded a much more important part of the episode, like how Shelmet changed (or didn't change?) upon evolving into Accelgor, or Bianca's relationship with her new Escavalier. Instead, way too many lines were wasted on being excited about a trade machine and a simple battle.

Still, there were a few things that I liked, like the foreshadowing of Cedric's appearance in the Klinklang part. Juniper seemed to know/suspect whose pen it was that got caught between Klinklang's gears, but the viewer couldn't put the pieces together until Cedric appeared way at the end. I thought that part was surprisingly subtle and well-done; nothing like the straight-forwardness and redundancy of the rest of the dialogue.

Also, Bianca, for the second time in a row, was strangely likeable. Not that she was dislikeable in her other appearances, but the lack of certain running gag-inducing Pokémon really does wonders to her. She was excited and just a bit over-the-top about everything, but didn't fail to be polite to Professor Juniper and to encourage her Escavalier. She seemed really mature at the end of the episode, when she accepted her loss and thanked her new Pokémon.

The battle was cool too. While a little on the short side, a teamwork-focused tag battle was a good way of breaking Escavalier out of its selfish rampage. I didn't mind much that Bianca lost, especially since it's turned out that Shelmet didn't actually lose in the first match, despite the summary's hinting.

That, and I simply dig tag battles. I guess it's not intentional but it's interesting how Ash, who usually likes to charge in and attack, ends up giving cover to let Cilan wow the opponent. I know we've only had two tag battles so far so it's too early to call it a pattern, but it's funny nonetheless.

Decent episode. The animation was great (not like I expect anything less from the guy these days, but still :p), but as mentioned above, the scriptwriter was slacking.

Last edited:

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
So Bianca's still a stereotype, Cilan is still a Mary Sue that nobody wants to admit actually is one, and the script was just all over the place.

Yeah, no. I can't give this one a pass.

Literally the only thing I found myself caring about was the Klink and Klinklang portion, which alone by itself should have been last week's episode instead of the Galvantula cluster****. If the gears are responsible for creating some of the charge in the cave, why wasn't Team Rocket trying to capture them instead of just digging up the rocks?

The Klink/Klinklang part of this episode would have made a good Chargestone Cave episode by itself, but being shoehorned into this one made the entire episode come out disjointed like the Subway Boss battle was.

Despite the fact that neither of those two are actually true. ._.

The second is. What she did today would have us all screaming abuse if someone like Paul did it.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
Bianca's still a little jerk I see, at least it's a different enough direction that makes her more distinct from her game counterpart.

You make that sound like a bad thing :) If Ash behaves like a plank still, quite a lot of the time, what is there to distinguish him from the more inexperienced trainers if theyre not immature brats aswell?

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Okay guys...your taking this way out of proportion...Bianca traded with Juniper...not with some random COTD that will never see again...Bianca can easily trade back if she wants to, but I for one am glad she's keeping Escavalier for now

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Okay guys...your taking this way out of proportion...Bianca traded with Juniper...not with some random COTD that will never see again...Bianca can easily trade back if she wants to, but I for one am glad she's keeping Escavalier for now

It doesn't matter who she traded with. She threw away one of her Pokemon for personal gain without one second of concern for how it actually felt. When Ash did that, he brought himself within inches of death to fix it. Bianca, on the other hand, showed signs of being willing to throw away her Pokemon for personal gain in the infamous Pignite-for-Zorua offer, then actually went through with it here.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Geez...can't anyone say anything nice about the episode rather than "Dento is a Gary Stu" (let's not forget he's a man guys) and "Bianca is some jerk trainer" because she traded her dear Chobomaki to the Professor who kindly stores all of Ash's Pokemon for him?

Quite frankly, these comments are ticking me off right now maybe it's because I feel the internet end is near.

It doesn't matter who she traded with. She threw away one of her Pokemon for personal gain without one second of concern for how it actually felt. When Ash did that, he brought himself within inches of death to fix it. Bianca, on the other hand, showed signs of being willing to throw away her Pokemon for personal gain in the infamous Pignite-for-Zorua offer, then actually went through with it here.

Totally like when Ash traded Buizel to Dawn. :p How different is that? NOT VERY DIFFERENT. Sure, Bianca may not travel with Prof. Juniper but geez isn't she like, he assistant in game? Everything's fine and everyone's happy. Except the people on here obviously

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Well, it doesn't help that Accelgor didn't seem to have a problem with it...
Somehow I wanted her to get both, but I guess the writers didn't want her to be that awesome

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Holy Miltank. I'm actually going to comment on a BW episode, mainly because my girl Bianca was in it, but whatever I'll keep it short. I'm glad the anime finally showed a trade evolution. I admit it I always wanted to see one in the anime but the fact that it took this long took a lot of wind out of that sail for me.

I have to say I'm somewhat surprised Bianca can trade her Pokemon away without a second thought. I guess she's not like a main character and has any emotional attachment to her Pokemon. Or maybe she's smarter then everyone and realizes Pokemon is just a game where real life people trade Pokemon all the time because they are just data in a handheld video game with no attachments. Whatever the reason Bianca will not win any award for loving trainer any time soon.

Episode was okay. I don't think I'll ever get use to the fact that the guy, Cilan is the more active one, while the girl, Iris does nothing but add background. Good work Cilan, by the end of BW I might actually truly like you. Even after the tag battle my opinion on Bianca as a trainer remains unchanged.

Geez...can't anyone say anything nice about the episode rather than "Dento is a Gary Stu" (let's not forget he's a man guys) and "Bianca is some jerk trainer" because she traded her dear Chobomaki to the Professor who kindly stores all of Ash's Pokemon for him?

Quite frankly, these comments are ticking me off right now maybe it's because I feel the internet end is near.

Totally like when Ash traded Buizel to Dawn. :p How different is that? NOT VERY DIFFERENT. Sure, Bianca may not travel with Prof. Juniper but geez isn't she like, he assistant in game? Everything's fine and everyone's happy. Except the people on here obviously

Sorry, but not everyone is going to like the episodes you like, as infuriating as that is.

Totally like when Ash traded Buizel to Dawn. :p How different is that? NOT VERY DIFFERENT.

You mean when Dawn traded Buizel to Ash.

Last edited:

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
00poke_maniac;14036774"Dento is a [I said:
Gary Stu[/I]" (let's not forget he's a man guys)

Let's see. He wins ridiculous victories like this one, regularly overpowers the rest of the cast to drag all of the attention onto himself and is given a disproportionate amount of 'development' (which is actually just a lot of random hobbies)... so you tell me?

and "Bianca is some jerk trainer" because she traded her dear Chobomaki to the Professor who kindly stores all of Ash's Pokemon for him?

There's a difference between dropping a Pokemon somewhere with no intent of ever seeing it again and Ash rotating his team.

You know who Accelgor is a lot like? Primeape.

Then I won't stop, if my time to have freedom to say what I think freely is coming to an end. :p

This isn't the game, one, and two, you might want to look back in my history at posts I've made regarding that trade.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Let's see. He wins ridiculous victories like this one, regularly overpowers the rest of the cast to drag all of the attention onto himself and is given a disproportionate amount of 'development' (which is actually just a lot of random hobbies)... so you tell me?

He's a Gym Leader, he should be stronger by logic than Ash and Iris. As for those hobbies I don't even consider those developmental, it's what makes him the lovable character that he is. What ridiculous battles? All
of those battles he would have won regardless.

There's a difference between dropping a Pokemon somewhere with no intent of ever seeing it again and Ash rotating his team.

You know who Accelgor is a lot like? Primeape.

You mean like Paul? Bianca is nothing like that. People trade Pokemon all the time and it's nice that they actually let them keep a trade.

He is not.

Bianca is still a horrible trainer, I hope she stops appearing so often so there can be more episodes about Trip, Stephan, Georgia and Burgalar.

Pignite and Minccino won't evolve either.

Last edited:

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
He's a Gym Leader, he should be stronger by logic than Ash and Iris.

He overpowers them in terms of 'personality' when he isn't even the main character. He's a spotlight stealer.

As for those hobbies I don't even consider those developmental, it's what makes him the lovable character that he is.

You see that, but what I see is things like him humiliating his friends on the subway. That's not "lovable" to me, that's someone I wouldn't want to be friends with.

What ridiculous battles? All
of those battles he would have won regardless.

Today was a great example. Taking out two opponents singehandedly in one fell swoop.

You mean like Paul? Bianca is nothing like that. People trade Pokemon all the time and it's nice that they actually let them keep a trade.

She could have kept the trade, sure. But did she once show any concern, sympathy or even thought for Shelmet's desires at all? No, she didn't. She thought only of herself. A lot more like Paul than you might want to think.

He is not.

You're right, Ash actually cared about Primeape. I take it back.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
He overpowers them in terms of 'personality' when he isn't even the main character. He's a spotlight stealer.

Dento's a charming little prince who grows mushrooms in other people's closets when he sulks (Whenever people bring this up he reminds me of Tamaki and the rest or just the boring side cast. XDDD)

You see that, but what I see is things like him humiliating his friends on the subway. That's not "lovable" to me, that's someone I wouldn't want to be friends with.

SHH! He doesn't have that much self-control. I'll make a comparison here: My dog is the biggest pain you'll ever see, he's always trying to lick our faces when we watch tv and just well...pester us. However, no matter what we love that little dog to bits, he's precious. Just like how Dento is to Iris and Ash. :')

Today was a great example. Taking out two opponents singehandedly in one fell swoop.

I don't see how that's very bad, from what I remember a Leafeon of mine (with a nickname you'd never guess) took down 3 Pokemon in the Battle Subway in the Double Battles for me..of course he got Critical Hits with Leaf Blade, but hey, it still counts.

She could have kept the trade, sure. But did she once show any concern, sympathy or even thought for Shelmet's desires at all? No, she didn't. She thought only of herself. A lot more like Paul than you might want to think.

Maybe she's been hanging around Cheren :rolleyes: /sarcasm/

Sorry, but not everyone is going to like the episodes you like, as infuriating as that is.

Here's a bit of trivia: I actually didn't even like this episode.

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Are we all seriously getting upset about this episode people??? What the heck does it matter that Bianca traded Shelmet away...it didn't seem displeased at all to be commanded by Juniper, nor was it upset that Bianca was commanding Escavalier...if she doesn't want it, she can always get Accelgor back in a later episode...seesh

Cilan a Gary Sue...really guys...really. You all complain Brock is stale and barely shows his Pokemon...now your all upset that Cilan is getting wins and showing his Pokemon(except poor Stunfisk)...I'm truly upset at this fan base right now. Guess Ash is the only one allowed to win right? And his rivals I guess

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Are we all seriously getting upset about this episode people??? What the heck does it matter that Bianca traded Shelmet away...it didn't seem displeased at all to be commanded by Juniper, nor was it upset that Bianca was commanding Escavalier...if she doesn't want it, she can always get Accelgor back in a later episode...seesh

Tell me why we spent nearly two hundred episodes last series having it pounded into our heads that it was a bad thing to not listen to what your Pokemon want and putting your own desires above theirs. Bianca made no attempt to benefit anyone but herself and is being cheered, when that exact same thing was held up as an unethical thing to do last time.

Dollars to doughnuts the next time Juniper appears, we don't see Accelgor. Or ever again. And if Bianca decides she wants to give up on Escavalier after building something of a bond with it and trades him back, she's only compounding the original problem.

Cilan a Gary Sue...really guys...really. You all complain Brock is stale and barely shows his Pokemon...now your all upset that Cilan is getting wins and showing his Pokemon(except poor Stunfisk)...I'm upset at this fan base

TVTropes.org:

She's exotically beautiful, often having an unusual hair or eye color, and has a similarly cool and exotic name. She's exceptionally talented in an implausibly wide variety of areas, and may possess skills that are rare or nonexistent in the canon setting. She also lacks any realistic, or at least story-relevant, character flaws — either that or her "flaws" are obviously meant to be endearing.

I don't think I have to say much more.