• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Evolution Exchange Excitement! (724)

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I don't think I have to say much more.

I think I do :p

TVTropes said:
A popular Japanese (and Korean) character type, the Bishōnen, or "beautiful boy", is a male character that possesses androgynous or 'feminine' physical traits. He is tall, slender with almost no fat, little to no muscle, and no body or facial hair.

Opinions vary as to whether bishōnen characters really are attractive or just girly.

So beautiful......it hurts?

I think his erm...."good looks" are to show off his bishiness not to make him a "Sue"

gohan5

Irisboy
Are we all seriously getting upset about this episode people??? What the heck does it matter that Bianca traded Shelmet away...it didn't seem displeased at all to be commanded by Juniper, nor was it upset that Bianca was commanding Escavalier...if she doesn't want it, she can always get Accelgor back in a later episode...seesh

Cilan a Gary Sue...really guys...really. You all complain Brock is stale and barely shows his Pokemon...now your all upset that Cilan is getting wins and showing his Pokemon(except poor Stunfisk)...I'm truly upset at this fan base right now. Guess Ash is the only one allowed to win right? And his rivals I guess

No we aren't all getting upset, only a select few are arguing back and forth because they can't accept that someone else has an opinion that differs from their own. I liked seeing Bianca again, and though I do think more effort could have been put into Bianca's relationship with her Shelmet and then Escavalier, I don't think she's a trainer that doesn't care about her Pokemon. It's just that trades aren't exactly a common thing in the anime and when they are there is always some heartfelt moment between human and Pokemon that we didn't get here. I think that's what people are disappointed about with the trade, not necessarily Bianca herself.

Only Ash can win? I'm pretty sure nobody said that. Really? Stop making this a bigger deal than it has to be. If someone didn't like the way Cilan or his win was handled in this episode so what? They are entitled to their opinion same as you. Let it go, there's much more important things to worry about.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Tell me why we spent nearly two hundred episodes last series having it pounded into our heads that it was a bad thing to not listen to what your Pokemon want and putting your own desires above theirs. Bianca made no attempt to benefit anyone but herself and is being cheered, when that exact same thing was held up as an unethical thing to do last time.
Is Bianca the main character....no, then why does it matter? Sure, we see her more then Trip, but come on, why do we have to hate on her for trading a Pokemon...it's just as much Junpier's fault too. I don't see people bashing her, it was her Karrablast and she didn't seem to mind. I really don't see a problem with Bianca now owning Escavalier...it'll really test to see if she can handle that much power...

I'm sorry you feel this is wrong or that Bianca now doesn't meet Pokemon standards...but for me, I personally have no problem with her

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Is Bianca the main character....no, then why does it matter? Sure, we see her more then Trip, but come on, why do we have to hate on her for trading a Pokemon...it's just as much Junpier's fault too. I don't see people bashing her, it was her Karrablast and she didn't seem to mind.

Juniper I'm not so sure about. Her position is different from Bianca's - while we have had it made perfectly clear regarding the bond between a trainer and a Pokemon, a Professor is a little bit murkier. They practically exist to give out Pokemon to trainers, so I'm not really quite sure where this would fall.

Either way, this whole thing could have been a lot more interesting if N was around to screw with their heads for it.

Bianca's problem could have been fixed if they spent even one or two minutes on her making sure Shelmet actually wanted to be traded. The way this episode ended up doesn't have to change, just the way it's arrived at, and not even that dramatically.

Grey Wind

Oh my god people, it's just a trade. It happens. Ash and Dawn traded. Bianca isn't a horrible person for trading, it's part of their world. She can see Accelgor whenever she wants because Juniper has it.

Trading is a part of the Pokemon world. It's a cartoon. Paul was totally different, he dumped his Pokemon because they didn't meet his standards. Bianca and Juniper traded to evolve the Pokemon, then kept the Pokemon they got.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I do think they should have worked more on her and Shelmet relation but I said before the episode I didn't really care, if they did that with Satoshi I would probably be annoyed, she showed she doesn't care before.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobalt_Latios

*Checks main site, noticed pictures are up for the new episode*

Okay... so Bianca has Escavalier now.

*Checks out last page*

Oh, what's this? Something has happened to Papa Juniper? Or at least, I think that's who it is.

Do they actually say what happened? Or will this be mentioned during next episode?

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Oh my god people, it's just a trade. It happens. Ash and Dawn traded. Bianca isn't a horrible person for trading, it's part of their world. She can see Accelgor whenever she wants because Juniper has it.

And we have no reason to believe she actually will, because no evidence whatsoever was given to show she actually cares enough to.

Trading is a part of the Pokemon world.

And every time it's been featured before - yes, including the Buizel/Aipom trade - the weight of sending off one of your partners forever was appropriately addressed. In fact, the only reason Ash and Dawn traded was because of how Aipom and Buizel felt.

Paul was totally different, he dumped his Pokemon because they didn't meet his standards.

And Bianca traded away Shelmet because it wasn't as 'good' as Karrablast/Escavalier. I suppose you think she would have still traded permanently if she actually liked Shelmet?

Joltik-Kid

I find it odd that I'm defending Bianca(mainly cause she isn't my most favorite character ever) but did we really care about this situation? Oh, you gotta keep your relationships with your Pokemon pure...oh Ash almost broke down when he traded Butterfree...ugh, I get that it seems Bianca is heartless...but honestly why are we getting worked up about a secondary character? I like that she has Escavalier, besides, the way the episode was written, she didn't have time to worry about her Shelmet, since she was getting attacked by Escavalier and then went straight into battle...

I just hope Bianca doesn't appear for a LONG time after this episode. 30 episodes without Bianca should be enough. :)

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
ugh, I get that it seems Bianca is heartless...but honestly why are we getting worked up about a secondary character?

Clarify for me what you mean by 'secondary' character.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Joltik-Kid simply meant "recurring character".

If that's the case, I'd like him to tell me why we were supposed to get 'worked up' about Gary, Paul and other rivals but Bianca is exempt.

Joltik-Kid

If that's the case, I'd like him to tell me why we were supposed to get 'worked up' about Gary, Paul and other rivals but Bianca is exempt.
I don't know...I just don't get why her trading a Pokemon she only shared one small moment with is such a big deal... I understand that they're fictional characters, so I don't get to worked up about what happens... Bianca hasn't acted like much of a rival right now...

yana-ice

All I can say about this episode is crustle is so cool, when he/she's still a dwebble it never lose in any battle from my memory. It must have strong self-esteem, remember he/she didn't even want others to help when it's home is stolen, all he want is do it himself. I'm glad that he's with Cilan now. The battle seems good to me.

Janovy

Banned
Oh, what's this? Something has happened to Papa Juniper? Or at least, I think that's who it is. Do they actually say what happened? Or will this be mentioned during next episode?
Yeah, this will be continued in the next episode. :)

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
You make that sound like a bad thing :) If Ash behaves like a plank still, quite a lot of the time, what is there to distinguish him from the more inexperienced trainers if theyre not immature brats aswell?

There's a limit to how tolerable a "real" teenager can be in any medium for different people, just remember that.

Janovy

Banned
Not really. Cilan doesn't even battle that often to seem annoying. Hell, Dwebble and Crustle don't even appear that often.
It's not the amount of time that it's annoying it's the quality of the time they appear in. I do realize and understand that Cilan is a gym leader but couldn't they have just let Ash or Bianca win this battle? Dwebble never lost before and Crestle seems to continue his tradition. Cilan is amusing enough with his antics, they should let someone else shine for once.