• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Evolution Exchange Excitement! (724)

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Is this the first time Rock Slide has been animated as rocks appearing out of thin air? I'm glad they finally acknowledged that awkward aesthetic.

Nope, that was during Dent and Shootie's match in the Don Battles.

A writer

I liked the episode very much, Gantle is officially my most favorite Pokemon replacing hayashigame. Escavalier is really really cool,I am starting to like 5h gen mons more and more as I see them in the anime.

And ofcourse Zeustle<3

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I want to see the Professor have a rematch. In my mind, Cilan should not have beaten her. I think another Accelgor vs Crustle would be cool, as long as Accelgor wins. :)

Maybe this battle was good for her to lose in because after this she starts winning a whole bunch of times. Maybe it have taught her to be more serious in battles.

Maybe this battle was good for her to lose in because after this she starts winning a whole bunch of times. Maybe it have taught her to be more serious in battles.

Wait, why does Professor Juniper need to be more serious in battles?

Dark Cacturne

The Road To Victory!
I enjoyed this episode a lot. Crustle is THE KING!

About Bianca's trading. I am glad she has an Escavalier now, it will definitely be a powerhouse later on. And Accelgor is in great hands too, Juniper will take good care of it, I'm sure. The lack of an emotional goodbye of Shelmet didn't really bother me, because trades do not equal releases. It's not like it was a Paul-Chimchar situation.

I still like Bianca.

Serpentine

Pokemon Breeder
Okay a few things about this episode... If you haven't seen it yet it contains spoilers so you've been warned.

I don't see what Chargestone Cave has to do with evolution while in the game it doesn't need to be in any particular place. I can understand this is for our convenience but do they not have trade machines in the Pokemon Centers in the Unova Region? And why are they so big and how'd it get there?
Another thing. I thought Escavalier didn't respond to Bianca due to her lack of experience which in the game is done with badges. I guess that rule doesn't apply, although it didn't work with Ash's Charizard either...
I see the trade machine and how complicated it is and other than the trade evolution because I think all of that complexity has something to do with altering something and making them evolve... But I don't see why they don't just give each other their poke bals when they trade and that's that.
They didn't recharge after using Hyper Beam OR Rock Wrecker.
I kind of want to know who Prof Juniper's looking for in the caves... nvm. I just found out at the end of the episode.
WHY WAS ESCAVALIER SO FAST!!! T_T I want a fast Escavalier...

MusicalZoroark

Aww was sad there was no TR. Would of loved to see a tag battle with them. I had a feeling Papa Juniper left his pen there though. Is it just me or does Bianca sound like Sailor Moon? Wonder if Zekrom or Reshiram appear next episode since Papa may be looking into them. Team Juniper!

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Another great episode. Wishing they would hurry up and come out with the black and white series on DVD.

-this ep. Showcased 6 different pokes in 1 ep. And ash used his pokedex on each of them. I believe that's a record in the show's history how many times Ash used his dex. Might have to go back and look at "ninja poke-showdown" from season 1 to make sure.

-the karrablast/shelmet evolution was and still is a pretty interesting thing this time around. Never been done inherting a different pokemon's features during cross trading. Wonder if it'll be used again next generation or it may just be exclusive to these 2 pokes.

-the tag battle was great. 2 hyper beams in 1. I knew Boldore wasn't gonna last after that. And cilan's crustle....man seeing this ep. Makes me wanna get a crustle and a esclavaier of my own.

-I had a feeling at the end that it was juniper's dad she had thought was in the cave. I actually kinda like these big cliffhangers they have going on sometimes. Adds to the excitement of waiting to see what happens next week like a soap opera or something.

9/10 for this episode.

Serpentine

Pokemon Breeder
Okay a few things about this episode... If you haven't seen it yet it contains spoilers so you've been warned.

I don't see what Chargestone Cave has to do with evolution while in the game it doesn't need to be in any particular place. I can understand this is for our convenience but do they not have trade machines in the Pokemon Centers in the Unova Region? And why are they so big and how'd it get there?
Another thing. I thought Escavalier didn't respond to Bianca due to her lack of experience which in the game is done with badges. I guess that rule doesn't apply, although it didn't work with Ash's Charizard either...
I see the trade machine and how complicated it is and other than the trade evolution because I think all of that complexity has something to do with altering something and making them evolve... But I don't see why they don't just give each other their poke bals when they trade and that's that.
They didn't recharge after using Hyper Beam OR Rock Wrecker.
I kind of want to know who Prof Juniper's looking for in the caves... nvm. I just found out at the end of the episode.
WHY WAS ESCAVALIER SO FAST!!! T_T I want a fast Escavalier...

Edit: I also forgot to mention. Rock Slide. I can see rocks fall from the sky from some kind of portals but where do they come from? It makes me question other moves that seem to materialize random stuff to hit the opponent with.
Another Edit: Sorry for double posting, I thought I hit Edit but I must've misclicked and hit Reply with Quote. ^^;

MusicalZoroark

Edit: I also forgot to mention. Rock Slide. I can see rocks fall from the sky from some kind of portals but where do they come from? It makes me question other moves that seem to materialize random stuff to hit the opponent with.
Another Edit: Sorry for double posting, I thought I hit Edit but I must've misclicked and hit Reply with Quote. ^^;

Rock slide kinda was freaky. like what if a Pidgey just flew into the portal after the rock came out. XD

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.

Just like how Karrablast wasn't seen stealing Shelmet's shell and Water Pokemon supposedly having infinite water supply in them, this is yet another inconsistency.

That, and that fast Escavalier.

Oh, and by the way, that Crustle seemed a bit too broken to me...I think.

Vipsoccermaster

Decent episode. Two evolutions and a tag battle. It was nice to showcase these six Pokemon here, too. Looking forward to the next episode after seeing Cedric Juniper collapsing.

R?IDDl3R

ace trainer
just saw the episode... bianca was crazy as usual , i loved it when cilan was like.."ITS TRULY ROCKING AND ROLLING TAG TEAM TIME!!" lol good episode and very good battling bianca and juniper

lisalynn

I might die if they keep putting so much emphasis on crusTle. Silent t, like castle!! I liked crustle's win though, Cilan came off very gym leadery once Ash kamikaze'd boldore. Did not like lack of move recharge, I hate when they blatantly ignore secondary effects. Two double hyper beams in a row? pffffft.

Also, pikachu was being especially cute in this episode.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
I found this episode to be decent. As usual, I liked the few pokemon debuts and the ending was a bit of a surprise...

Last edited:

SmartD

It's a good episode. Bianca and Escavalier didn't get along at first, but they managed to get along during the tag battle. What happened to Juniper's dad? We'll find out next time.

Did not like lack of move recharge, I hate when they blatantly ignore secondary effects. Two double hyper beams in a row? pffffft.

Agreed.

I'm glad Bianca and the Professor didn't win after that, because it would have been unfair to Ash and Cilan.