• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Evolution Simic [MTG - Return to Ravnica]

Lightning Dragon

LIGHTNING FLIGHT!!!!
Hiey all, I would kindly like.a light critisizm on my lightly, almost.finished Simic. ...Yes, i onlu have 48 cards, but the rest of them I'm buying off my boyfroend.

So...

Creatures: 24
Battering Krasis x3
Adaptive Snapjaw x3
Horizon Chimera x3
Cloudfin Raptor x3
Agent of Horizons x1
Progenitor Mimic x1
Beetleform Mage x1
Slaughterhorn x1
Species Gorger x1
Zameck Guildmage.x1
Sapphire Drake x1
Clinging Anemones x1
Shambleshark x1
Elvish Mystic x1
Frilled Oculus x1
Crocanura x1

Sorceries: 9
Time to Feed x4
Miming Slime (Almost seems like it's supposed to be mimicking...)x1
Hunt the Hunter x1
Hunt the Weak x1
Divination x1
Defend the Hearth x1

Instants: 1
Hydroform x1

Artifacts: 1

Enchantments: 4
Krasis Incubation x2
Forced Adeptation x2

Lands: 12 (for now)
Islands x2
Simic Guildgate x1
Forest x9.

This deck is just all around Evolve and +1/+1 counters. Countering smaller decks with bigger creatures, and smacking down everything in it's path.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Actually, you're at 50 cards. Which means the last 10 cards need to be land, and then you'll only have 19 Lands...which is about 5 too few. Most decks run between 23 and 25 lands. Certainly decks like this with creatures that cost 5 or 6 mana total.

Also, you're running a lot of 1-ofs...which isn't really recommended. The general idea is that the less variance there is in your deck, the more consistent it will be, and the more consistently you'll win.

I'm guessing you're building with a bit of a budget? If so then I'll refrain from telling you to pick up 4x Breeding Pool and 4x Temple of Mystery (the Blue-Green Dual lands), even though the temple is sitting around $2 now. Other pricey options include Master Biomancer; Progenitor Mimic (even though you have one already); Cyclonic Rift; Garruk, Caller of Beasts; Jace, Architect of Thought; Kalonian Hydra, Nylea, God of the Hunt; Polukranos, World Eater; Prime Speaker Zegana; Scavenging Ooze. These could all work in the deck (though maybe not all at once), but you don't really need them to have some fun.

Here are some things you should definitely be playing more of:
4x Experiment One
4x Cloudfin Raptor
Dryad Militant
Judge's Familiar
Rapid Hybridization
4x Shambleshark
3x Elusive Krasis
2-3x Simic Charm
2x Beetleform Mage
Kalonian Tusker
These cards really make up a strong early game. Once those counters start piling up, these little guys can really make a dent. Rapid Hyb. is a great way to get rid of something that's just too big.

===

There are certainly some cards I'd NOT play from your list:
Adaptive Snapjaw - too slow
Agent of Horizons - doesn't do enough
Slaughterhorn - doesn't do enough
Species Gorger - counterproductive; once you hit 5 mana, your guys will have evolved high enough that you don't want them back in your hand
Clinging Anemones - doesn't work with your deck strategy; ATTACKING
Elvish Mystic - you're not really trying to bring out that many BIG things
Frilled Oculus - doesn't do enough
Crocanura - doesn't do enough
Time to Feed x4 - good card to play, but 4 is too many
Hunt the Hunter - only good against Green. What if your opponent has no Green creatures?
Defend the Hearth - too defensive
Hydroform - bad
Krasis Incubation doesn't do enough
Forced Adeptation doesn't do enough

===

Finally, some rare suggestions that should be relatively cheap to find and trade for:
Deadbridge Goliath
Gyre Sage
Plasm Capture
Prophet of Kruphix
Renegade Krasis
Reverent Hunter
Shipbreaker Kraken
Vastwood Hydra
Vorel of the Hull Clade