• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Evolution stones come from WHAT?

Timetraveler:Pikachu

Servant of Time.....
Have you ever really thought about where the evolution stones come from? I mean are they created by legendary or what? I mean there's no "Light" type so how is a Shiny Stone created? Is there some kind of cavern or something that creates evolution stones somehow?

cazatron

the way i made that all make sense was by assuming that the stones came from rocks like the mossy rock and icy rock. but nobody has figured out they are connected which is why the leaf stone doesn't work, and they'll probably introduce more rocks to represent each stone

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
They were created from their respective elements and fossilized.

Sadarac

Theyre made from the fozzilised bones of dead pokemon. When a fire type dies, eventually you get fire stones. Water type, water stone ECT... Its how they help the living get stronger.

AKRy100

Shockingly electric!
They're just ordinary stones with particular patterns that have a psychological impact on certain pokemon, causing them to evolve.

They're another of Lord Voldemort's Horcruxes. Unfortunately they were his test subjects, simply stones and upon creating them, they've ended up in a different dimension than his which would be the Pokeworld we know.

Glad to clear all that up with you.

Timetraveler:Pikachu

Servant of Time.....
If that's true then was there a Light type in prehistoric times? And why doesn't the Dome fossil and the others evolve pokemon?

Gentleman

Sitting on Horsea
I remember an episode from the anime (original season, had an Eevee in it I think... fighting Eevee brothers or somesuch) that said stones are generally mined. They're probably just something refined from special ores down in the ground, like how you can make a working Pokeball out of an Apricorn.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I never actually wondered about it ...

... BUT since Evolution Stones are usually found buried underground it's possible that they're made similar to gems and precious stones on Earth. Pressure and Heat underground causes dirt to come together and transform into something else over time. As for how each stone gets to be each type it may be be because of the type of energy flowing through the Earth (Aura?) as it begins to form. The hardening deposits absorb some of this energy and become " charged " which attracts similar energy that flows through the area until it becomes a functional stone.

CliveKoopa

If that's true then was there a Light type in prehistoric times? And why doesn't the Dome fossil and the others evolve pokemon?

If that's true, then wouldn't moves like Solarbeam, Light Screen and Synthesis be considered Light type moves?

Anyway I think the stones are just like normal rocks but with special powers what have been added by Arceus during the creation of the universe.

Last edited:

Kazoo

They are just precious stones with special properties.

They are not related to fossilized Pokemon as far as I know, and I really doubt they are related.

Dresden

Pokémon Master
It's been many times that it's the RADIATION from the stones that makes the Pokemon evolve. It isn't God's holy presence or something idiotic like that. It's not fossilized Pokemon.

Don't you kids read any comic books? Geez. Radiation gives you magical powers. Now go play by the nuclear waste dump.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Moon Stones come from the moon.

Anyway, it's been stated in 3rd gen and 4th gen that Evolution stones are found the same way diamonds, rubies, and emeralds are found IRL.

Mining.

We can assume that they are pretty much made in the same way.

Or that they're just super compressed high level Spheres (you know, the other thing you can dig up in the Underground.

MrAwesome

<Insert brain here>
In Prehistoric time, a meteor hit the Pokemon world. This meteor was made of special ore, that in turn turned into the stones.

The moon stone came from the moon, obviously.

There. That explains it.

CliveKoopa

It should be obvious that a Moon Stone is a fragment of the Moon itself. I beleive that all other stones are just captured energy from their elements.

That has got me wondering, is a Sun Stone created from a fragment from the Sun?

Eevee-Breeder

Eevees On Demand
^ Epic question.
How would a piece of the sun get from it? isn't it a giant heap of gas?
Or in the pokemon world, Is it a solid? O_O"

MrAwesome

<Insert brain here>
That has got me wondering, is a Sun Stone created from a fragment from the Sun?

Sometimes, while moonstones fall to the PokeWorld, the sun's radiation hits them, and hits them hard. They morph into a new stone: A Sun Stone.