• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Evolution stones come from WHAT?

xFake

Banned
It was explained in the Anime around the time Bulbasaur resisted evolution, as did Pikachu when ash went and got a Thunder Stone to evolve pikachu into a raichu to beat surges raichu. But you all knew that, right?

DecodexMe

I think everyone should know that who is an avid pokemon player o:

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
The Meteorite theory is shot for the Fire, Thunder, and Leaf Stones, becuase if they were as Rare as Meteorites they wouldn't be 2100 pokedollars, an episode in the anime showed them as rocks with special minerals, there was an episode in the Johto saga with large colonies of glooms who lived between 2 mountains, 1 was made up of the rocks mined for Leaf Stones, while another was Sun Stone, the winds would catch dust from the mountain and depending on the direction the gloom would either become Vileplumes, or Bellossoms, cuasing territory disputes.

Serebii!

moon stones from the moon
sun stones from the sun
fire stones from fire
thuder stone from thunder
water stones from water

They could just be fossilized berries...
Like an Occa Berry, which absorbs Fire type attacks, could fossilize and somehow transform into a stone.

Or it could also be that a certain type of mineral in stone absorbs the elemental energies around them and that if the mineral is consentrated enough and is exposed to enough energy, it could become radioactive and emit the energy back in a high enough dose to alter poke'mon DNA?

Dresden

Pokémon Master
We every body seems to either think that its radiation, meteorites or created naturally.

I don't THINK it's radiation. It says so right in the games. This thread is goddamn pointless. To quote the Red/Blue Pokedex entry for Eevee:

"Its genetic code is irregular. It may mutate if it is exposed to radiation from element stones."

This is obviously referring to the fire/water/thunderstones.

/thread

RockPaperScizor

Yanmegalomaniac
i believe the stones are Chuck Norris's hardened boogers....

Ah, of course.
Although you forgot to mention his boogers must first be turned into Horcruxes, then be involved in a meteor impact, then fossilised in order to be mined, and finally become somehow mixed with polonium to create a DNA-altering compound that disappears randomly minutes after use.

Last edited:

Timetraveler:Pikachu

Servant of Time.....
Well that's not gross or weird..... (But that's been the most reasonable answerer yet...) ;P
And this thread isn't about how evolution stones evolve Pokemon but how they are created.

treeco123

when Pokemon see the stones,they think"lets evolve to confuse the humans"and evolve,this is proof that Eevee is evil.
the stones themselves are just normal stones that formed in magma mixed with food colouring.

allaboutthecute

When I grow up
Elemental stones (thunderstone, leaf stone, etc.): i think they were created by Arceus at the time of the universes creation.
Moon stones: fragment of the moon, possibly given evolution power by Pokemon.
Sun stones: i think it is a piece of a meteor that orbited too close to the sun like that other post said.
Shiny stone: either created by Arceus like the elemental stones, or exposed to some sort of radiation.
Either that, or maybe it is the Pokemons belief that the stone will evolve them that causes them to evolve.

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
In my opinion, they're some type of mineral that dig from the Underground, but then you gotta extract it and remove the excess rock impurities, and there you have it! the elemental stones! Like Diamonds!

I agree with this poster. I think that the stones have some sort of unique radiation that affects the DNA structure of certain pokemon.

Alder

Come at me bro
Okay, looking at all of this, I think I can clear a bit of this up.

Moon Stones: I think we can all agree that they came from the moon.

Sun Stones: Well, they can't be part of the sun, so I'm thinking that they act like solar panels; that is, they capture and contain/give off sunlight in a similar manner.

Fire/Leaf/Thunder/Water/Dusk stones: Most likely, they were formed entirely of the elements, solidified into stones. Even better, they were solidified into mineral veins deep in teh earth, which can be mined.

Oval Stone: Happiny likes to carry round objects in its pouch, and this being egg-shaped it's most likely a psychological effect that it has on Happiny.

Dawn Stone: This is a little more difficult...I think that it's created by the general purity of the immediate area, or somehow it takes in positive feelings/vibrations. This especially explains why it helps Togetic evolve, the epitome of happy or happiness-related Pokemon.

Shining Stone: This probably takes in light, similar to a Sun Stone, except that it can take light from just about anywhere. It doesn't make a lot of sense, but hey, it's Pokemon. It also could symbolize a higher power, though this is unlikely, but would explain why Snorunt turns into a ghost, and Kirlia turns into a hero. Maybe the word I'm looking for is "fate." I dunno...the Shining Stone doesn't make a lot of sense in general.

Meh.

misunderstoodhero

If the evolution stones give off radiation then why do they go away from our bag once we use them? Shouldn't we get a Rock or Shard or something?

You probably just throw them away. After you use a potion, you never get an empty potion bottle in your bag do you?

Lucario Wish123

Mechanics Lover
Now maybe a Shiny Stone is a Light Ball crytallized in quartz, diamond, or something. I think a Leaf Stone is some kind of leaf fossilized in some sort of rock.