• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Evolution VS. Creation

Which do you believe in?

• The Theory Of Evolution

Votes: 130 73.9%
  • Creationism

Votes: 46 26.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikas123

What 'bout My Star?
You're gonna have to be more specific about what were debating here bud.

By creationism, do you mean as laid out by religious texts, Intelligent design, or we were placed here eons ago by little green men? By Theory of Evolution do you mean Darwinian, or theories that encompass evolution?

Or, am I posting in a troll thread?

I am an Evolutionist about i know Darwinism is false, because humans didn't come from Chimps they came from a species of ape that split into modern apes and humans. And people always refuse to believe in evolution because they are religious, but you can still believe god created the world and be an evolutionist.

GastlyMan

Ghost Type Trainer
Yay first creationist post (I think)!
I believe God created the world, and I don't think that humans descended from other primates like chimps/apes...

However, I'm okay with the idea that, say, birds are descended from dinosaurs. Etc.

evolutionrex

The Awesome Atheist
I believe God created the world, and I don't think that humans descended from other primates like chimps/apes...

However, I'm okay with the idea that, say, birds are descended from dinosaurs. Etc.
What's the difference between birds evolving from dinosaurs and humans evolving from primates.

do you not see the similarities from a chimpanzee and a human? Are DNA is almost exact. Not to mention the prehistoric fossils that we have found of mammals that have similarities between apes and humans. people find hundreds of them from different periods of time.

But in a way your right, Humans didn't exactly come from chimpanzees. the apes that evolved into us spit into to different groups, apes and humans.

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
I believe in evolution I think it was God's way of allowing life to grow and adapt on this ever changing planet. I'm not sold on the human evolution thing I actually believe in the "aliens made us" theory it's crazy I know, but what ever I think evolution is possible and in no way does it mean there is no God, not for me.

Calicocat

Pokemon Hoarder
Although I have nothing against religion, I fail to see how creationism works as a theory.
Evolution makes perfect sense to me.

SharpedoX

Treinador Áureo
Evolution, in the light of what I studied, presented several solid arguments that defended Darwin's theory and through the discovery of the anti-parallel chain of DNA, Neodarwinism had even more followers. However, Creationism, is the fiction that spawned from humanity's brain. You decide.

7 tyranitars

evolution theory, it is what makes sence the most, it has solid prove that they are right, however there are still holes in it they will be filled with research

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New

You can't just cherry pick the bits that you like, ffs.

Evolutionist here. Very, very much so. I won't say anything else because I'll end up being offensive and that'll get this thread killed even more quickly than it otherwise would be...

I will, however, say that IN MY OPINION (albeit one shared by many others) there is no 'theory of evolution'. There is evolution, which is a scientific fact, and then there are theories as to how exactly it takes place, such as natural selection. Which is still probably a fact.

Last edited:

natie

Mr. F
Creationism is just a big load of bullshit.

You're lying to yourself; now you only need to realise that.

Megaton666

Swampert Trainer
how can you people be so blind? FSM created us with his noodly love.

now seriously. there's no good reason to believe in creationism, especialy considering the mountains of evidence for evolution compared to no evidence for creationism.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I hate this question. It's like asking "Shoes or Hamburgers?" The two are not opposites in any way. You can have both. Darwin never said humans just magicaly morphed into monkeys like everyone seems to think. Evolution is just natural selection, something has has been scientifically proven. I believe both are true; they aren't contradictory. And I do believe in Creationism. After seeing how incredibly complex and precise the universe is, from the galactic level to the microscopic level, how everything is so perfectly arranged for life, I can't buy that the universe just happened randomly. Someone or something had to create it.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
I hate this question. It's like asking "Shoes or Hamburgers?" The two are not opposites in any way. You can have both. Darwin never said humans just magicaly morphed into monkeys like everyone seems to think. Evolution is just natural selection, something has has been scientifically proven. I believe both are true; they aren't contradictory. And I do believe in Creationism. After seeing how incredibly complex and precise the universe is, from the galactic level to the microscopic level, how everything is so perfectly arranged for life, I can't buy that the universe just happened randomly. Someone or something had to create it.

That was for the most part what I was going to say.

Why can't the creation evolve?

natie

Mr. F
@Jigglychu: well then, how did God come to existence? As if by magic?

Of course not.

But unless someone wants to add something to that I'll leave it at this because it is a different debate entirely.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
@Jigglychu: well then, how did God come to existence? As if by magic?

Of course not.

But unless someone wants to add something to that I'll leave it at this because it is a different debate entirely.

Not being a metaphysicist, I'm not sure I can answer that. But the explanation I've most commonly heard is that because the universe had a beginning, it needed a cause; and since God had no beginning, he had no cause. In other words, God is outside time.

I don't know if I explained that well... probably not, since I'm hardly an expert in this matter. Hell, I don't know that I even understand it. (This page is what I found by googling it)

I don't think I'm what most people would call "religious", but I do believe there is a God. But I digress, for you're right, that's an entirely different debate. (Why do all debates in here seem to eventually come back to religion...)

Last edited:

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I have a personal belief that is both creation and evolution. I believe a God created the first life forms and it evolved from there.

Megaton666

Swampert Trainer
contrary to what some people here are saying. no, Evolution and creationism CAN'T co-exist. evolution and GOD can (even though there's no logical reason to believe in god).

Creationism is the opposite of evolution. evolution believes that organisms evolved through random mutations and natural selections, while Creationism believes that all life was created in current form by a magical sky daddy who contradics all the laws of physics.

Status
Not open for further replies.