• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Evolution Vs Creationism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I don't see the trouble in teaching Evolution. When my was it 6th grade teacher taught it, I believe I remember her saying that you could believe what you want. I think I even remember her giving a few pointers on the biblical alternatives.

School is all about paying attention. If you don't pay attention in school, then your grade should suffer as a result. Just as we are taught complete myth in English classes and are expected to learn that, we must also learn Evolution even if it conflicts with what we want to believe. If school isn't going to teach it, then who is.

Besides, there is at least some logic behind Evolution. You could learn a thing or two that is undebatable in Evolution.

My Biology teacher is like a hardcore Protestant, and when she was teaching evolution, she would say "According to some biologists... etc."

No religious bias or anything. <3

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
My Biology teacher is like a hardcore Protestant, and when she was teaching evolution, she would say "According to some biologists... etc."

No religious bias or anything. <3
It certainly could be worse. You could have a teacher step her foot down and be stubborn enough to not teach Evolution.

Pandeji

USED ULTRASPLASH!!!
Poke poke:
It's sad to see that somebody who seems to possess some basic intelligence thinks he's too good to read the majority of the posts, so he might find out that this point has already been discussed.
Cute, though.

Poke poke:
It's sad to see that somebody who seems to possess some basic intelligence thinks he's too good to read the majority of the posts, so he might find out that this point has already been discussed.
Cute, though.

The thread title is enough evidence. I don't need to trudge through all of your posts to find a post that actually acknowledges this obvious truth; when discussion is still going on on a thread titled 'Evolution Vs Creationism' it's obvious that no one's really gotten a clue.

Now, are you going to drop this facade of condescension or go back to posting tangential messages like these before I annihilate you for it?

Pandeji

USED ULTRASPLASH!!!
So you're saying you expected to come into a thread of people who are DEBATING a topic and thought you'd just be able to say "HEY, here's my thoughts. This argument is over because of what I think."

Damn that'd be sweet if you could really do that.

In addition, the entire basis of your thesis that "Evolution is not anti-creationism" is irrelevant.
We're not saying that they are.
Rather, we're asking for people to give their own thoughts on the discussion of if evolution caused humans to be where we are today, or if we were created as such.

By READING through the posts in this thread, you would have figured that out.
I have every right to be condescending.

Next time don't come into a debate thread thinking you're god.
Read the f****** posts, and DEBATE. Don't state your opinion like it's worth more than it is.

So you're saying you expected to come into a thread of people who are DEBATING a topic and thought you'd just be able to say "HEY, here's my thoughts. This argument is over because of what I think."

Damn that'd be sweet if you could really do that.

I had no high hopes for your reply. Pseudo-intellectuals like you always disappoint in that aspect. You're talking to me like you're a frontman in debates but when you latch a straw man onto the top of your post that's when the retarded irony really comes across.

In addition, the entire basis of your thesis that "Evolution is not anti-creationism" is irrelevant.
We're not saying that they are.

I don't think you read what you post. I really don't. All I can glean from this is that someone breaking away from the misconception that Evolution and Creationism are contradicting theories is irrelevant in a thread titled 'Evolution Vs. Creationism'. If I have to spell out for you how that is a stupid ideal then it's best for you that you don't try to argue with me at all.

Rather, we're asking for people to give their own thoughts on the discussion of if evolution caused humans to be where we are today, or if we were created as such.

You seem very confused. I don't give anything about what you're asking people to reply. I'm questioning the general direction of this thread. You act like everyone is going to:

READ through the posts in this thread, you would have figured that out.

and figure out that they're not supposed to be arguing what the thread title states but merely 'give their own thoughts on the discussion of if evolution caused humans to be where we are today, or if we were created as such.' I don't know what quality of your expects people on this forum to read eight pages before their final reply. It's not going to prevent another pseudo-intellectual from going on their own tangent about how creationism is illogical and evolution is true or vice versa. Evolution and Creationism are chalk and cheese. One deals about the creation of earth and the universe while the other revolves around the evolution of living organisms from simpler forms to more complex ones. They don't refute each other in any way. 99% of people don't know that; they're not fit to debate either topic at all because by accepting that creationism and evolution are conflicting they show that they have no real knowledge of either theory.

I have every right to be condescending.

Side-stepping that fact that your condescension is unjustified, it's not so much you looking down on me that bothers me than you're inane nature of putting up tangential posts and trying to act like a smartass. Learn your place.

Next time don't come into a debate thread thinking you're god.
Read the f****** posts, and DEBATE. Don't state your opinion like it's worth more than it is.

You contradict yourself more than any person I've ever had the displeasure of taking down. You deem my opinion unnecessary and asking me to DEBATE when you're the one asking people to give opinions on whether they think evolution is valid or not. You call my post irrelevant when it addresses the actual nature of this thread and you're so willing to admit that everyone here is not discussion what the original post inquired but are only giving their opinions on a single-ended topic.

I'd welcome it if someone actually provided logical opposition to my post but here I am taking down a pre-pubescent who whines when a single post refutes the original topic. You're not even bothering to try and give a rebuttal to the content of my post. You're criticising my character. You're not worth my while. At all. Why are you even in the debate board?

Goddamn I thought I was posting on Serebii.

Ironnnyyyyy!

I swear, I'm trying to think of something witty to say to this post. It's killing me. Tearing me up inside. It's like that moment you're at the brink of your destiny, just an inch away from your dream when you find out that you can't reach it, you never will. It's the desperate feeling of hopelessness that stems from the realisation that you're never going to get up on par with what you've been striving for, driving yourself to the very limit. It's a terrible feeling. After all how could any mere mortal build a reply with enough of mind-numbing satire and hilarity to perfectly encapsulate the horribly composed nature of this message and to create a sense of wonder and astonishment in anyone who could ever view that incredible utopian reply?

You spelled your name wrong.

The Director

Ancient Trainer
poke poke:
If you make prejudice comments without looking through the posts then expect to be attacked. You have made a rather nasty declaration about the people who post in this thread based pretty much solely on the title.
1. Posters didn't write the title. Shining celebi did and probably only put the VS in to make the title sound snappy.
2. Most posters know that it doesn't contradict each other nescessarily as their are many takes on Creationism one being that God didn't create any of us specifically but started the big bang which then moved on to evolution. However some don't believe that and believe that everything was created as it is now about 7000 years ago. In that case evolution does contradict it as it says that life evolved over a longer period of time. Original creationism deals with everything including life so no it doesn't talk just about the universe.
3. Just because the title states the "VS" of the two doesn't nescessarily mean the actual subject hasn't moved on from such a conflict.

Agreed the title does give out the wrong kind of message but that isn't the fault of most of the posters here, so stop having a go just because of an innaccurate title, and make sure you have your facts straight before posting such remarks.

Brick 777

I'm back on serebii
i acutly beleve in evolution cause there is proof that humans that had the brain the size of a penut lived. Who was here first humans or monkes? my answer monkes of coruse cause before humans there were monkeys that walked on 2 feet so half monkey half human but they were only as tall as 5.5 feet max. 2 min.

TomDraco

I'm a /tr/ainer.
i acutly beleve in evolution cause there is proof that humans that had the brain the size of a penut lived. Who was here first humans or monkes? my answer monkes of coruse cause before humans there were monkeys that walked on 2 feet so half monkey half human but they were only as tall as 5.5 feet max. 2 min.

*sigh*... Apes, not monkeys...

Plus your post doesn't help the arguement at all, seeing how your facts are somewhat unfounded.

Also, poke poke:

People can spell their name any way they want. It's their name.

Plus, you have no grounds in saying anything derogitory and/or insulting to anyone here. YOU do have to read through all the posts, no matter how mind mumbing they are, in order to make an effective arguement here. Got that?

And, how would you annihilate anybody through the Internet?

Last edited:

the jman

Ak47 I choose you!
funny how poke poke has to make long posts to make long posts to make someone shut up. why not use the good ol' fashioned "STFU GTFO im right your wrong"?

I think its stupid that Creationism isnt allowed in school but evolution is...

Paj Meen Ah

In For The Kill
funny how poke poke has to make long posts to make long posts to make someone shut up. why not use the good ol' fashioned "STFU GTFO im right your wrong"?

Because Creationism is a story from a very famous book that is easily available for anyone to read at any time. Evolution is a scientific theory that is generally accepted as "what happened", and is treated as such in the society we live in, and so learning evolution is much more important in equipping the children to deal with modern society when they grow up.

pastel

Viva el Reggaeton!
i think creationism is wrong, and evolution is in some way, thers gotta be another way...

People can spell their name any way they want. It's their name.

...what are you talking about?

Plus, you have no grounds in saying anything derogitory and/or insulting to anyone here. YOU do have to read through all the posts, no matter how mind mumbing they are, in order to make an effective arguement here. Got that?

I don't know how to burst your bubble if you truly feel that reading stupid threads gives you an edge in arguments. I'll illustrate how that's idiotic with a simple example: that dude who thought he was intelligent or awesome enough to try and look down on me ran away after I replied to his post. How much of this thread do you think I read?

And, how would you annihilate anybody through the Internet?

Like this:

The Director said:
If you make prejudice comments without looking through the posts then expect to be attacked. You have made a rather nasty declaration about the people who post in this thread based pretty much solely on the title.
1. Posters didn't write the title. Shining celebi did and probably only put the VS in to make the title sound snappy.
2. Most posters know that it doesn't contradict each other nescessarily as their are many takes on Creationism one being that God didn't create any of us specifically but started the big bang which then moved on to evolution. However some don't believe that and believe that everything was created as it is now about 7000 years ago. In that case evolution does contradict it as it says that life evolved over a longer period of time. Original creationism deals with everything including life so no it doesn't talk just about the universe.
3. Just because the title states the "VS" of the two doesn't nescessarily mean the actual subject hasn't moved on from such a conflict.

Agreed the title does give out the wrong kind of message but that isn't the fault of most of the posters here, so stop having a go just because of an innaccurate title, and make sure you have your facts straight before posting such remarks.

I already made my point. I'm not going to break everything down and reiterate to everyone who misinterprets and feels the need to challenge it. Read the posts again; see if they still go over your head.

jman said:

Because Serebii doesn't recognise poignant and justified attacks. The only way I'll ever be allowed to take anyone down to their level over here is to confront them in debate, which often needs more effort than it's worth.

Ozy

Because it's just a theory based on what is considered by most to be an arbitrary work of fiction?

Where do you draw the line if you do teach creationism? I really like the Terry Pratchet Discworld novels, what if I genuinely believed, that as in the books, the world is stood on the back of four elephants, who stand on the back of a giant Turtle, who swims through space. Should you teach that? If not, why not? Why are your beliefs ok to be taught, but not mine? Both are logically flawed and rely on supposition.

Oh and poke poke, I've gotta tell you dude, I love you (probably not in a gay way... probably..). You're like me on literally every other forum I post on, I'm seriously worried that you might be me and I just don't know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.