• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Evolutions that you don't think should have happened or weren't done right

Pokemon-Dratini

cutes.u.2.death >: )
In pokemon diamond/pearl there were new evolutions and some of them I liked and others i did not care much for.

basically say what evolution you think could have been designed better, should not have been done at all, or what you think of the way in evolves
you can also state your favorite new evolution if you would like

for me Lickilicky is the worst, i hate it, i definetly think that lickitung needed an evolution but ugh i hate lickilicky, IMO its looks horrible

my favorites are Mamoswine and Tokekiss, i think theyre just perfectly done

[MO]moshqueen.

Milotic Trainer!!!
yeah!

lickitung's one is horrible same goes for Aipom's new evolution, they both could of been done much better. I was disapointed with glaceon... but I love leafeon :D.

Pokemon-Dratini

[MO]moshqueen.;10187061 said:
lickitung's one is horrible same goes for Aipom's new evolution, they both could of been done much better. I was disapointed with glaceon... but I love leafeon :D.

yeah glaceon isnt as great as it could have been, ambipom isnt as bad as lickilicki IMO but its not great either lol

Lightey

IMO, Ryperior. It's to bland.

I like all of the others. I love Lickylicky and Togekiss!

Aresol

Caring Wanderer
I don't dislike any of the new evolutions.
In fact I very much enjoyed some of them like lickilicki(could have been named better though).
True some of the designs aren't super great but look at the designs of their pre-evolutions.
Tangela isn't that creatively designed and really it needed an evolution.
I just tend to not let the design affect me much.
If a pokemon is good and I like using them then I don't mind what they look like.

frozenthunder

Master Breeder
there were some pokemon that should have evolved but didnt and some that whose evolutions should never have happened but that is how the game works
my fave new pokemon evos are definately froslass yanmega mamoswine gallade gliscor and electrivire
magmotar is the one i wish would have been designed better

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Rhyperior - It wasn't necessary.
Gallade - It's design could have been a lot better, but I am doubting if it actually needed to happen.
Froslass - As awesome as it looks, it doesn't have much battle potential, and was it really necessary?

I feel that Glaceon and Leafeon could have been designed a bit better, preferably with better movepools.

projectaumaan

Ones I liked:
Roserade - An evolution wasn't necessary, but I like it.
Mismagius & Honchkrow - I really like these two.
Electivire - Pretty cool. Could have used better stats.
Dusknoir - Really like this one; it's a shame it's stats aren't better.
Togekiss - Awesome. ^_^
Leafeon and Glaceon - Leafeon I really like; Glaceon not as much.
Gliscor - I picked up a Gligar in Platinum just so I can have him later on my main team.
Mamoswine - It's a good evolution for Piloswine.

Ones I kind of liked:
Yanmega - Interesting. If I were in to Bug types, I'd probably really like it.
Weavile - Sneasel used to be in my top 5 favorite PkMn, so I like that it got an evo. That said, it looks a little goofy.
Porygon-Z - Strange, but okay.
Probopass - Kinda...creepy.
Gallade - Not sure if it was needed.
Froslass - Same opinion as Gallade. Nice to see a Ghost/Ice type, though.
Tangrowth - Nice to see some Tangela love I guess.

Ones I didn't like:
Ambipom - Mildly terrifying. Should have spent a little more time on the design I think...
Magnezone - Looks a little wrong to me. A flying saucer? Really? Seems like they could have done a little better.
Lickilicky - An abomination. Should never have even happened. Needed to be different altogether.
Rhyperior - Uhh...they tried too hard here. It wasn't really a necessary evolution. Too big I think.
Magmortar - Freaky. Bad design. Nuff said.

My favorites of these: Togekiss, the new Eevee evos and Electivire/Dusknoir I think.

All-in-all I think they did okay. There were just some poor choices along the way. Oh well...here's hoping for an awesome Dunsparce evolution in Gen V. Among other things...

Phew...long post. :)

UmbreonLord

5th Gen OU
They could've done better with a lot of the evolutions. I don't like Magnezone much, its just a saucer with a couple of magnets super glued to it.

Pokemon-Dratini

Ones I liked:
Togekiss - Awesome. ^_^
Gliscor - I picked up a Gligar in Platinum just so I can have him later on my main team.

Ones I kind of liked:
Weavile - Sneasel used to be in my top 5 favorite PkMn, so I like that it got an evo. That said, it looks a little goofy.

Ones I didn't like:
Ambipom - Mildly terrifying. Should have spent a little more time on the design I think...
Magnezone - Looks a little wrong to me. A flying saucer? Really? Seems like they could have done a little better.
Lickilicky - An abomination. Should never have even happened. Needed to be different altogether.
Rhyperior - Uhh...they tried too hard here. It wasn't really a necessary evolution. Too big I think.

My favorites of these: Togekiss, the new Eevee evos and Electivire/Dusknoir I think.

All-in-all I think they did okay. There were just some poor choices along the way. Oh well...here's hoping for an awesome Dunsparce evolution in Gen V. Among other things...

i completely agrre with you...especially on probopass, the things really creepy, but roselia definetly did need an evolution, and the prevolution was a good ad on too

Last edited:

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
My favorites were: Togekiss, Magnezone, Gallade and Rypherior. Electrive was Ok, but it doesnt look good, and magmorator... nah. I dont like frosslas, or dusknoir. Tangrowth was defintely needed, but they could've done better with yanmega. I mean yanma is all cute and everything and its stage 1 evolution is like a freaking monster, I mean they could've toned it down a bit. Glaceon was Average, but i reallly liked Leafeon. I just thought they should've made tha names more creative for leafeon... I mean thats SO bland. mamoswine was good and gliscor and yeah i agree for dunsprace evolution lol he really needs one. All in all good choices, but could be better for some.

So the best Evolution Award goes too: Togekiss!

And the Absolute worst most ugliest Evolution goes too... Probobass.

Last edited:
I don't really think Gallade and Rhyperior were necessary. Probopass is by far the most terrifying.

Yanmega and Electrivire look great though :)

freeganXL

Pokemon & Heroscape!
Even though I've always loved Magmar I was really disappointed with Magmortar, it's bloated evolution. Probopass was another one that just wasn't done right IMO.

EDIT: Yes I have it as my avatar but still...lol

Mawile412

Problem
Ones I liked:
Togekiss - Awesome. ^_^

Ones I kind of liked:

Ones I didn't like:

are you kidding? Roselia needed an evolution, badly.

So does mawile.

And dunsparce will become the first normal/dragon type. watch

nintendude 64

Dropped my balls!
Magnezone is cool. Probopass not so much. Weavile was really cool though. Now all we need is a jynx evolution to match electivire and magmortar.

dracoburn

Lance's protege
i dunno, most of the new evos r rather ridiculous... i mean, i liek the fact that they added new eeveeloutions(though they didnt do that great a job... the names lack creativity, and they learn a very meager variety of attacks), but some pokemon didnt need em. y cant lickitongue just stay as lickitongue? and rhydon took it far enough, as did magmar and electabuzz. honestly, i dont think the latter 2 even needed baby forms, but thats just me.

Dattebayo

Banned
All evolutions of previous gen stand alone Pokemon because they ruined what made them special, being stand alone Pokemon in general. It's decreased the population of stand alone Pokemon drastically, and I can't let that happen as they're more special and stronger than fully evolved pokemon.

Farmermon

Is back once again!
All evolutions of previous gen stand alone Pokemon because they ruined what made them special, being stand alone Pokemon in general. It's decreased the population of stand alone Pokemon drastically, and I can't let that happen as they're more special and stronger than fully evolved pokemon.

Some like dunsparce and qwilfish though... aren't as popular so they may add evos to them to get them more popular.

I think the Rotom forms and the Shaymin sky form was pointless, I'm fine with all the evolutions but all those forms? really?

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!

Agreed 110%!!! I absolutely hate Mismagius, Honchkrow, Weavile, Magnezone, Lickilicky, Rhyperior, Tangrowth, Magmortar, Togekiss, Yanmega, Mamoswine, Porygon-Z, Probopass, Dusknoir, and Froslass because they are either useless or just like their pre-evolutions. Pokemon like Yanma, Misdreavus, Nosepass, Murkrow, Tangala, Likitung, and Sneasal used to be so cool to me because they were in no evolutionary family. They stood alone.

Also, I feel like these Pokemon were created just because GameFreak had no other ideas for new Pokemon - but I may be wrong about that, it's jut my opinion.

Glaceon seems stupid to me, because we already had Vaporeon that could learn Ice Type Moves!

Great idea for a thread, by the way!

Last edited: