• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Evolving Strategy (600)

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
I sometimes wonder looking back if Ash should've used some of his older Pokemon that he trained well. At least he can show Paul that he is not all weak.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
I sometimes wonder looking back if Ash should've used some of his older Pokemon that he trained well. At least he can show Paul that he is not all weak.
He was shown using his Kanto pokemon when he traveled to Johto but he didn't really train his newer pokemon so they weren't fully developed. When him and Paul first met he was intrigued by Ash having a Pikachu that knew Volt Tackle but that quickly changed after their first battle.I think Paul would've taken Ash more seriously if he actually used his heavy hitters like Charizard,Sceptile and Snorlax,there'd also be a possibility of the writers giving Paul more reserves on screen like the ones he used against Brandon.I don't believe Torterra,Weavile and Murkrow were the only pokemon he owned prior to coming back to Sinnoh.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Paul with 10 days of training and planning led to Ash rethinking his entire career as a pokemon trainer in the following epsiode and then later on in an episode centered around the Festival Battle tournament featuring Palmer. GOATED Rival.