• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

examples of overpower in Pokemon

Ditto B1tch

- Drizzle Kyogre being able to learn Thunder

- Mega-Venusaur having the Thick Fat ability

Does anyone else also think those overpowered? These are my examples, share the ones you think also overpowered

R2D2

Trainer since 1999!
Talonflame with Sword dance and Brave bird.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Probably Mega-Gengar having the Shadow Tag ability. It's incredibly powerful anyway with a huge Special Attack and lots of different types moves, but it's pretty much guaranteed to KO something since you don't have the chance to get an appropriate counter up. And if you do, it's so fast and powerful that most of the time you have to hope that counter survives.

ashcrimson777

Newb Shiny Hunter
Azumarril! It even loses the weakness to Steel because of its water typing. Belly Drum GG (although it is rather slow, so I guess there's that)

Saturnidae

Bugs!! :3
Wormadam. Sand cloack, skill swap with a machamp (no guard) and it has 100% accuracy fissures D: if trick room and gravity is up... it will literally one hit KO every pokemon...

Chandelurefan1

Wormadam. Sand cloack, skill swap with a machamp (no guard) and it has 100% accuracy fissures D: if trick room and gravity is up... it will literally one hit KO every pokemon...

I think that Wormadam does not only prosper from this. A lot of pokemon with Fissure can utilise this technique, some better than wormadam due to higher speeds or defences

Speed boost Blaziken. It helped me a lot with the champion.

Snorlax Max

While Supplies Last!
Boomburst in Single Battle. 10 PP, 140 Base Power, and no drawbacks!? Yes please.

Tonguetyd

Boomburst in Single Battle. 10 PP, 140 Base Power, and no drawbacks!? Yes please.

Yeah especially since it's the dreaded NORMAL type!
All shall cover in fear, for this attack deals super effective damage to absol-utely nothing!!!!

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Yeah especially since it's the dreaded NORMAL type!
All shall cover in fear, for this attack deals super effective damage to absol-utely nothing!!!!

Even then Exploud can learn it and recieves stab bonus.

It might not be super effective against anything, but it doesn't change the fact it's far too powerful for a move with no drawbacks.

Only two types resist it and only one type is immune to it. That's 16.67% of all types.

Tonguetyd

Even then Exploud can learn it and recieves stab bonus.

It might not be super effective against anything, but it doesn't change the fact it's far too powerful for a move with no drawbacks.

Only two types resist it and only one type is immune to it. That's 16.67% of all types.

Oh please! The only 2 Pokemon that want to use the move are Exploud and Chatot.

When your only learnbase is 2 normal types and the other one is freaking Chatot, you can be hardly called OP.

disposable_heroes

<- Best PKMN Ever
Probably Mega-Gengar having the Shadow Tag ability. It's incredibly powerful anyway with a huge Special Attack and lots of different types moves, but it's pretty much guaranteed to KO something since you don't have the chance to get an appropriate counter up. And if you do, it's so fast and powerful that most of the time you have to hope that counter survives.

(Note that, at this point, I mostly play UU and not OU.)

So apparently, Gothitelle was banned from UU for similar reasons. I never really had a problem with, since I didn't encounter it that much, and I had U-Turn/Volt Switch/Roar/Whirlwind/Baton Pass/whatever on most of my Pokémon.

What really was OP in UU was Bisharp.

Boom! Knock Off! Bisharp has just rendered your precious Assault Vest/Leftovers/whatever useless! (which might work against it if it knocks off a Choice item)
Gonna attack? Nope! Sucker Punch.
Gonna switch? Nope! Pursuit. (in some Bisharp sets only)
Gonna send in a Fairy-type? Nope! Iron Head.
Gonna set up Sticky Web on a Bisharp team? Don't count on it. Defiant turns Sticky Web into a free Swords Dance.

Not to mention that a lot of things faster than it have paper-thin defenses, including Dugtrio. STAB Sucker Punch away! You'd think that Mienshao could be the answer to beating this thing, but it can only revenge-kill, since an Iron Head will OHKO it, and Knock Off and Sucker Punch both take over half of its health.

What's also frustrating is a Prankster Pokémon with Encore coming in on a setup sweeper and forcing you to switch out, since, barring ExtremeSpeed or being faster + having priority, there's no way you're not getting Encored again.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Oh please! The only 2 Pokemon that want to use the move are Exploud and Chatot.

When your only learnbase is 2 normal types and the other one is freaking Chatot, you can be hardly called OP.

So you're saying that because limited amount of Pokémon have access to the move that it's not overpowered? I'm sorry, but I don't see how that proves my post wrong.

It doesn't change the fact that when Exploud is in battle, it can easily defeat a lot of Pokémon in battles with that powerful move. As long as the opponent doesn't have a ghost, steel or rock type, the move can beat almost every opponent. I will admit though that Exploud doesn't have a very good speed, and the defense and special defense stats are also low. But that's not a drawback of the move, that's a drawback of the Pokémon using it, big difference.