• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Excadrill Discussion

Ilan

I know I'm probably too late, but here's one last push to keep Excadrill in OU, he's afraid of flying scorpions!

I hate the fact we need to consider him for every team we make so eah it is annoying.
I don't want to put gliscor on any of my teams just for excadrill it is annoying.

Excadrill isn't that bulky.

mycooly

Banned
Well good news everyone!
while this round was going on
Excadrill: 49 Ban, 22 Do Not Ban, 3 Abstain = 69.01% Ban
HE OFF OF OU AND INTO UBERS
as well as thundurus :)
maybe OU will get better

Ilan

Well good news everyone!
maybe OU will get better

MEH just when I started using him :/ where it is said smogon?

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Well good news everyone!
maybe OU will get better

Whooo I'm actually glad cause Excadrill caused me so many losses on my record o__o

But I love Thundurus though...

irock245

She wants it
god dammit there goes my lead....... and exadrill has so many counters its not funny. Not once has an exadrill been the cause of my opponent's win. smogon, you really f*cked up this time.

If he's going to be banned now, meh. It was always countered by Gliscor and Skarmory, and I always see both or one of them in a team.

Theres more, please, my team with Excadrill got ****in' nominated on smogon! I want to keep it.

Proof

"New World Order", as far as I know, is not you... isn't he your older brother or something? Because I've seen his posts, teams, rates etc. and he doesn't post like you

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Darn, people are going to actually strategize when they make teams now instead of just shoving pokemon together.

To those who disagree with the vote.

1) You could have voted
2) If you did vote, well you were out voted.

Well, Excadrill is also good in Ubers, though he is better as a tank with this moveset:

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 176 HP / 60 Atk / 252 SpD / 20 Spe
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide / Shadow Claw
-Rapid Spin

Excadrill, the famed OU sand sweeper, can take on a different role in the Ubers metagame. Rapid Spinners are in short supply in Ubers, and Excadrill is the only viable offensive Rapid Spinner in the metagame! Because many teams carry both Groudon and Kyogre, Tyranitar's sandstorm can be harder to keep up, thus, Excadrill takes a different approach to its Rapid Spinning. Instead of focusing on becoming a speed demon in the sand, Excadrill beefs up its defenses for the purpose of being used on a rain team. Excadrill's Ground typing is a godsend to many rain teams, allowing it to be the only Rapid Spinner in Ubers that can switch into Thunders and most of all, Zekrom's Bolt Strikes.

Don't be fooled by Excadrill's subpar looking defensive stats, its 110 HP makes it far bulkier than it looks. In fact, this Excadrill takes special hits better than specially defensive Forretress, allowing Excadrill to easily switch into the infestation of Choice Scarfed Dragons! The special bulk of this set also allows Excadrill to never be 2HKOed by Palkia and Dialga's Fire Blast in the rain as long as they are not carrying Choice Specs. Additonally, Excadrill's great typing and offenses allows it to check many threats that Forretress and Tentacruel have serious issues with, such as Bulk Up Dialga, Calm Mind Steel Arceus, Dark Arceus, and most Electric Arceus. Excadrill also has a good chance of defeating Giratina-O, the most common spinblocker in Ubers. After a Swords Dance, Rock Slide will 3HKO most Giratina-O, while Giratina-O's Hidden Power Fire will deal paltry damage in the rain. If you want to destroy Giratina-O faster, you can use Shadow Claw over Rock Slide, which will 2HKO Giratina-O after a Swords Dance.

While this set may focus on rain support, Excadrill will still appreciate Tyranitar's Sand Stream. Not only does this turn Excadrill into a threatening sweeper, but it also allows Excadrill to outspeed and 2HKO Ghost Arceus with a +2 Earthquake, while Ghost Arceus will fail to KO Excadrill with Focus Blast. If you wish take advantage of Excadrill's ability, a spread of 64 HP / 252 SpD / 192 Spe can be used to outspeed Choice Scarf Terrakion in the sand while still letting Excadrill have a decent amount of bulk. While Excadrill may focus on bulk in Ubers, it is also capable of using its OU sweeping set to great success in Ubers. Once Groudon and Kyogre are out of the way so Tyranitar can bring up the sand, Life Orb Excadrill is a monstrous sweeper in Ubers, being able to OHKO bulky Pokemon such as Arceus after a Swords Dance!

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
I imagine that now that Ubers has claimed Excadrill, sandstorm teams are going to pop up. Tyranitar, Excadrill, and Garchomp will surely be in every one. Then there's Ferrothorn, which does really well in sand and is currently 7th in Ubers usage. Other good partners include Arceus, for the priority, and perhaps Manaphy, Blaziken, Genesect, and Keldio, to protect these teams against Ice moves. What do you guys think about the fate of sandstorm in Ubers?

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
Don't care, I don't play with smogon rules.

Fortunato

Sic Transit Gloria
Don't care, I don't play with smogon rules.

Then why are you posting here? It serves no purpose.

In ubers SS will probably become a bit more common but tbh I think Rain and Sun will dominate for the sheer fact that you have things like Ho-oh, Reshiram, Zekrom, and others that just abuse those weathers so well. Not to mention Kyogre and Groudon are monsters that will really give sandstorm a tough time.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
I've used it a bit in ubers, mostly because I had it on a team I used for a clan event (ubers vs. normals). Never really saw any sand teams. It can kinda check Darkrai with X-Scissor if SLeep Clause has already kicked in.

Victory

Banned
I am glad he is in Uber, I hate him so much XD

irock245

She wants it
well now that hes in ubers sand MIGHT decrease a bit inmusage, but sincde before the ban i saw more team with ss not using exadrill, they might stay the same. I know for a fact that pokemon like lucario and darmanitan wil lprobably increase in usage for losing such a prominent threat to them. Lucario might rise into ou again from no more thunderus, but this is aobut exadrill.

Makaveli

Gone for Good.
Excadrill has been banned, long time coming around. He was broken imo, and he had no clear cut counter, Gliscor? Return Skarm? What can it do apart from phazing it. Bronzong? X-Scissor. Conkelldur? it dies to boosted EQ and mach punch does not KO unless it has had a prior boost. Even so called counters have trouble with it. I myself have had minor troubles with it but Excadrill overcentralized the metagame, but now its banned so OU should flourish more, stall teams can have a better time without a fast rapid spinner, HO teams have less pressure on them. And to you people who say he should not have been banned, refute my arguments. And what Blue Harvest said, if you are complaining you should have voted about it, if you could XD