• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Excadrill Discussion

Ces

I'm disappointed. I don't battle over WiFi a lot but I was actually making a sandstorm team that included Excadrill, mainly because he's one of my favorite pokemon this generation. I didn't know he was so powerful.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Can something check excadrill in ubers anyway?

brnzong can't do much back what it got EQ? balloon solve it.... excadrill can do him damage... especially with X scissors which you need to lose a pokemon to check if he have return or X-scissors.... so yeah...
What else? Kyogre. Also, starting up Sandstorm again isn't going to have a pleasant ending for Tyranitar or Hippowdon.

Can something check excadrill in ubers anyway?

brnzong can't do much back what it got EQ? balloon solve it.... excadrill can do him damage... especially with X scissors which you need to lose a pokemon to check if he have return or X-scissors.... so yeah...

Like i said, if he uses return, he doesnt have x scizor -__-. Also bronzong always carries 2 attacks except for the trick room support set.

In another hand, exca will get raped win ubers, also I can see more sun teams now and hopefully some hail ones as well.

redlongmagnet

T3 Founder
Wow I am very dissapointed in this thread. One do none of you follow smogon? I can't believe mycooly was the one t obreak the news -___-. Then all of you are whining and *****ing about him being banned. Here's a little newsflash nubs. He is the absolute easiest thing in the world to sweep with. Anyone good who uses him as a rapid spinning sand counter not as a main focus on their team. Stop *****ing about him being banned. It's done and it won't be un-done. No one made this big of a deal about Garchomp being banned and his SD/Sub set was almost unbeatable. Excadrill is like Ferrothorn was earlier in the metagmame. He made it where every single team had to carry a counter for it. Any pokemon who does that (Garchomp) deserves to be banned.

mycooly

Banned
Wow I am very dissapointed in this thread. One do none of you follow smogon? I can't believe mycooly was the one t obreak the news -___-. Then all of you are whining and *****ing about him being banned. Here's a little newsflash nubs. He is the absolute easiest thing in the world to sweep with. Anyone good who uses him as a rapid spinning sand counter not as a main focus on their team. Stop *****ing about him being banned. It's done and it won't be un-done. No one made this big of a deal about Garchomp being banned and his SD/Sub set was almost unbeatable. Excadrill is like Ferrothorn was earlier in the metagmame. He made it where every single team had to carry a counter for it. Any pokemon who does that (Garchomp) deserves to be banned.

Your a nice little ****er with all that dick in yo mouth huh?
anyways yea excadrill in Ubers
he wont be doing so good lol considering no good sand starters are in uber so you need to bring ttar or hippowdon which suck compared to kyogre and groundon etc

DarumakkaImposter

Word from a god. <3

It sucks and is good at the same time. No good Pokemon on sand team that can sweep like him but HO will be easier to utilize.

GOLDENCRS

I'm a f***** Ponyta
Yeah, what they said. Besides, Exca has no counters in OU, just checks. To beat Excadrill you need to wear it down slowly. I didn't think it was bannable, but it is the only Pokemon that could sweep with that kind of ease.

irock245

She wants it
i care not about the exadrill ban. My sandstorm team felll aprt after the garchmop ban. I will continue to b*tch about the thunderus ban, though. btw, golden he was my lead before you.

Soperman

The One and Only
also I can see more sun teams now and hopefully some hail ones as well.

Whats going to happen is noobs will try to make hail teams and rise up, only to be destroyed by the multitude of fighting and steel pokemon, along with some fire pokemon. And dont forget there are still sun teams and rain teams.
Sandstorm isnt the only reason why hail isnt as popular in OU.

redlongmagnet

T3 Founder
Whats going to happen is noobs will try to make hail teams and rise up, only to be destroyed by the multitude of fighting and steel pokemon, along with some fire pokemon. And dont forget there are still sun teams and rain teams.
Sandstorm isnt the only reason why hail isnt as popular in OU.

Agreed Themaster is obviously a Nooblet. Hail's cool in lower tiers where steels and fighting types dont rape your face, But here in OU that sh1t aint gonna happen. Scarf Obamasnow is the only thing good thing for hail. I mean only mons that work on hail teams are ice types and quite frankly Obamasnow Cloyster and Weavile are the only usable ones xD.

mycooly

Banned
Yeah, what theysaid. Besides, Exca has no counters in OU, just checks. To beat Excadrill you need to wear it down slowly. I didn't think it was bannable, but it is the only Pokemon that could sweep with that kind of ease.

uhmm are you stupid?
a7.jpg

HI I WALL EXCA TO DEATH

i care not about the exadrill ban. My sandstorm team felll aprt after the garchmop ban. I will continue to b*tch about the thunderus ban, though. btw, golden he was my lead before you.
Your stupid, thundurus is fragil, and was easy to kill
now shut up about leads
if you were smart you would know you not supposed to have leads

redlongmagnet

T3 Founder
uhmm are you stupid?
a7.jpg

HI I WALL EXCA TO DEATH

Your stupid, thundurus is fragil, and was easy to kill
now shut up about leads
if you were smart you would know you not supposed to have leads

I agree. With team preview in this generation dedicated leads are dead, except on HO teams where screens are needed. I also agree with the fact that facking Excadrill has counters. Azumarill can even kill it. He isn't that bulky although his defenses are decent. Gliscor walls all of his moves if he doesnt carry return and can OHKO with earthquake.

Zachmac

^^To heck? That's an exaggeration. It gets 3HKOed, IIRc, and will have to break air balloons before KOing with EQ.

^Azumarill can KO it, but it's OHKOed itself, so it's not a counter, it's a check. On top of that, will it work to well in most teams?

mycooly

Banned
ok well still, 2 hits
still not a 3HKOd lol...................

redlongmagnet

T3 Founder
^^To heck? That's an exaggeration. It gets 3HKOed, IIRc, and will have to break air balloons before KOing with EQ.

^Azumarill can KO it, but it's OHKOed itself, so it's not a counter, it's a check. On top of that, will it work to well in most teams?

Exca comes in on rocks then you Ice fang to pop its balloon then you EQ thats a 2HKO if you count the ice fang and if you can force Exca to switch then he will take more rock damage. Anyway he wasn't that great all you noobs need to learn to play the game instead of usuing one overpowered mon.

EDIT: And yes Azu can work on many teams with access to huge power and STAB in the form of Aqua Jet as well as Waterfall. With rocks damage his Aqua Jet OHKOS that tricky mole. He also functions well on a balanced team as a revenge killer. I used to use him on one of my teams way back when 5th gen was new and it got me to about the 18th on smogon or so.

mycooly

Banned
yes, if you noobs want to do something thenn
probattler.png

ANYWAYS
exca wasnt really good to begin with, yes it was overpowered, yes it was fast in sand
but other weather starters stop that easily
weather lowers his speed yes? so making him switch out etc

Zachmac

EDIT: And yes Azu can work on many teams with access to huge power and STAB in the form of Aqua Jet as well as Waterfall.
Poor speed, though. Besides, if that were the case, why isn't Azu OU? Because it doesn't work on enough OU teams.

Anyway....
Trainer withdrew Blissy!
Trainer sent out Azumaril!
Excadrill used Earthquake!
Azumaril fainted!

redlongmagnet

T3 Founder
Someone here is forgetting swords dance.... x4 rock resistance, not much of a difference.

Lol ok it's called spikes as well, and not all Excas run balloon I always useed Life Orb so that fixes that problem. Anyway Azu OHKOS him and if you can get weather control he sucks d!ck.

Zachmac

Lol ok it's called spikes as well, and not all Excas run balloon I always useed Life Orb so that fixes that problem. Anyway Azu OHKOS him and if you can get weather control he sucks d!ck.
Spikes is the only entry hazard it fears, and it's kind of hard to set up, most teams won't waste their time.

It OHKOs Ninetails, and has two teammates that can set up permanent sandstorm.

I never said Azu can't KO it, but most sand teams have Ferro.

With Excadril, 50% of the teams out there will be Ttar/Excadril/Ferrothron/Filler/Fliller/Filler.