• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Excadrill is gone, now what?

TheBluePorygon

i miss the old kanye
False. Sand Rush offers +2 speed, while a Scarf only offers +1. Which meant that pretty much the only thing that could beat it with a Scarf was Deoxys-S.

Excadrill in sand caps out at 604 so yeah :p

I always had Gliscor handy for it. Latios usually took a hit then KO'd with Surf for me and I tried to DD on mons before that thing got sent out to kill me.

dragonuser™

the greatest crisis
tbh i miss exca, but the banning of him, thundurus, and deoxys s has made the meta alot healthier, and has(for the most part) stopped overcentralizing. The banning of these guys has allowed countless more pokes to b viable again, and makes teams alot more unique, rather than the cookie cutter sand team

TheBluePorygon

i miss the old kanye
tbh i miss exca, but the banning of him, thundurus, and deoxys s has made the meta alot healthier, and has(for the most part) stopped overcentralizing. The banning of these guys has allowed countless more pokes to b viable again, and makes teams alot more unique, rather than the cookie cutter sand team

Yeah ever since these recent bans have came, I've seen many more mons sneak onto the ladder, and it's more fun IMO

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
I was actually on your side of your argument in early 5th gen, but I've changed my mind since then.

It would be too complicated, and the line has to be drawn somewhere. If that happened, people would start wanting sky-form shaymin and darkrai in OU, just without seed flare and dark void. After that, people would want certain pokemon to be banned if they didn't have certain moves, like Groudon/Kyogre only allowed with moves with 60 base power or under. After that...it'll just be too complicated.

And that line I mentioned? It was drawn at "simple bans". A pokemon is banned, or it isn't. No exceptions.

My point was to only limit the bann to specific abilities broken that make certian pokemon broken but to allow those abilities(with the exception of moody) to be legal in Ubers only(in any case groundon with only 60 base power moves is still groundon same with Kyogre and with stab water pulse that would have 135 power which still hurts.)

My point was to only limit the bann to specific abilities broken that make certian pokemon broken but to allow those abilities(with the exception of moody) to be legal in Ubers only(in any case groundon with only 60 base power moves is still groundon same with Kyogre and with stab water pulse that would have 135 power which still hurts.)

The general rule of thumb is that if one Pokemon asset is inherently broken (like Moody), you ban the asset. If it's just one or a small few Pokemon that make the asset broken (like Sand Rush Excadrill and Speed Boost Blaziken), you ban the Pokemon. It's the easiest way to avoid extensive banning and complex bans.

destructo

I don't miss exadril at all. I hated having to have either skarm or gliscor or my team. Conkelderp is a no b/c its too slow and gets beaten alot b/c of it.