• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Excadrill is gone, now what?

complete legitimacy

pack that fudge
Excadrill just got on people's nerves and also all the counters for excadrill who annoyed the rest of the metagame ballon terrakion,skarmory,gliscor those guys
that's why he got banned, you are right about blaziken it never swept my whole team I always managed to stop it...

I think chansey is next..

Chansey will never be banned. Ever. If it is you can come over to my house and cut off my penis.

It's definitely gonna be Deoxys-S.

Zachmac

Sandless!! But I think Excadrill will back to OU.
Well, if there is a re-vote, it won't be anytime soon.

Sand is still good though, whenever I made a sandteam, I didn't use Excadrill. I like to think while making and using my teams, unlike some people.
Excadrill just got on people's nerves and also all the counters for excadrill who annoyed the rest of the metagame ballon terrakion,skarmory,gliscor those guys
Gliscor needs to have poison heal and protect to stop it, and a move other then EQ. Terrakion was common, but air balloons wasn't too common. Besides, if it break, I would hardly call it a counter. You need to keep air balloons up until it's sent out. And what could Skarmory do in return? HP fire? No, only get rid of it temporarily so it can come back to wreak havoc later.
I think chansey is next..
I don't, it's annoying, but easy to handle. I never had problems with that, but I always had to give up a useful team slot to remove Excadrill.
It's the best suicide lead and a decent revenge killer. I can't really give it credit for anything other then that. I can't see it going to Ubers either.

Zachmac said:
It's the best suicide lead and a decent revenge killer. I can't really give it credit for anything other then that. I can't see it going to Ubers either.

Deoxys-S actually has a good shot of getting nominated again and possibly banned now that Excadrill is gone. Excadrill was one of the biggest thorns in Deoxys's side, since it effortlessly outsped it and could easily Rapid Spin its hazards away. Excadrill also put an enormous strain on HO teams, one place Deoxys's really fit in. With Excadrill gone, Deoxys has a much easier time setting up. Deoxys is hardly a suicide lead, since it can easily get Dual Screens up and tank all day, and it's crazy speed, bulk, and Taunt allow it to often get up 2-3 layers of Spikes with ease. And then of course, let's not forget the LO sets and what not.

irock245

She wants it
i don't see deoxys-s that much, but sun teams have really spiked in usage. Venesaur is a huge thorn in my side.

Zachmac

I had never had problems with deoxys speed, and I haven't used Excadril once. Besides, it could use better typing. I never even think about countering it while making a team, and it's HP could be better.

But that's just me.

AudinoGlitch

Weird Person
Screenoxys isn't that bulky. When I used it, it was rare that I got off Stealth Rock after setting up the screens.

SwiftGrovyle

Official POTW Fact Checker
I don't know what to say. Sure, excadrill was annoying, but banned? This is weird. It's like banning swift swim choice Seaking- it's dangerous, but not common. I know that Sandstorm is more common now with pokes like Gliscor and even Gligar got a boost, but I think that completely banning Excadrill is a little too much.

I know he can be a threat, I faced one myself and lost to it. But I think that banning the poke from sandteams is a lot to ask. Maybe if they just banned him from existing in ability based weather, y'know? Like he has to make the sandstorm all on his own. That could be interesting too, because of the idea that most weather-based teams are by ability.

If they banned that, they better not ban Snowcloak subpunch Beartic. (That's my idea, I have claims if anyone mentions it anywhere)

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
Gliscor needs to have poison heal and protect to stop it, and a move other then EQ. Terrakion was common, but air balloons wasn't too common. Besides, if it break, I would hardly call it a counter. You need to keep air balloons up until it's sent out. And what could Skarmory do in return? HP fire? No, only get rid of it temporarily so it can come back to wreak havoc later.
Gliscor is easily the best counter to Exca, and the fact that it can fit on almost any team is great. With a moveset of Swords Dance/Protect/Ice Fang/EQ, and at least some defensive investment, it can easily deal with Excadrill.

Balloons laugh in the face of Excadrill. Heatran, Terrakion, Lucario are all common OU pokemon, who can, with a balloon, switch into an EQ and proceed to destroy Excadrill.

True, Skarmory cannot directly damage Excadrill, but it is free to set down 3 layers of spikes, if the opponent is silly enough to try futile attempts at doing damage with Rock Slide (it can just roost of the damage anyway). And, if Excadrill does get 3 SDs in, it still isn't OHKO'd and Skarmory can simply whirlwind it away.

Zachmac

I don't know what to say. Sure, excadrill was annoying, but banned? This is weird. It's like banning swift swim choice Seaking- it's dangerous, but not common. I know that Sandstorm is more common now with pokes like Gliscor and even Gligar got a boost, but I think that completely banning Excadrill is a little too much.

I know he can be a threat, I faced one myself and lost to it. But I think that banning the poke from sandteams is a lot to ask. Maybe if they just banned him from existing in ability based weather, y'know? Like he has to make the sandstorm all on his own. That could be interesting too, because of the idea that most weather-based teams are by ability.

If they banned that, they better not ban Snowcloak subpunch Beartic. (That's my idea, I have claims if anyone mentions it anywhere)
Excadril not common....Do you know what you're talking about?
Balloons laugh in the face of Excadrill. Heatran, Terrakion, Lucario are all common OU pokemon, who can, with a balloon, switch into an EQ and proceed to destroy Excadrill.
The if the air balloons pop, excadril can stop them.

The main problem was lot's of people had to sacrifice team slots just to stop it, it's not one of those pokemon that can be stopped by any well-built team, you always needed a direct counter. I don't put dragonite on my team to purely beat Infernape(not the best example, but still).

AudinoGlitch

Weird Person
The main problem was lot's of people had to sacrifice team slots just to stop it, it's not one of those pokemon that can be stopped by any well-built team, you always needed a direct counter.

This is why Baton Pass + Espeon's magic bounce should be banned. I put a Focus Sash on a Crobat just to use Haze to remove the boosted stats.

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
The main problem was lot's of people had to sacrifice team slots just to stop it, it's not one of those pokemon that can be stopped by any well-built team, you always needed a direct counter.

You say that as if Excadrill counters don't have any other use.

Oh well, looks like Gliscor and Skarmory are going to drop to UU!

Chansey will never be banned. Ever. If it is you can come over to my house and cut off my penis.

That awkward moment when Chansey gets banned.

Excadrill will stay in Ubers for a long time. Unprepared teams simply get ripped apart by that thing.

AudinoGlitch

Weird Person

o_O' Lugia in OU?! Who the f*** suggested that?!

Excadrill will stay in Ubers for a long time. Unprepared teams simply get ripped apart by that thing.

Same with Cloyster, Haxourus, Baton Passers, Terrakion, Archeops, -drags on and on and on-

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
How about who cares what Smogon says and use Excadrill if you so please?

How about who cares what Smogon says and use Excadrill if you so please?

Smogon uses a voting process which people from all over take part in. A lot of suspect voters have ~20 posts because they are not Smogonites, but people from Marriland, Serebii, TU or whatever. So no we aren't using Excadrill "because Smogon says so" but because the community voted on it.

Maybe instead of complaining about it you could get 1450+ points on Pokemon Online and vote!

AudinoGlitch

Weird Person
Wow, just because something sucks in ubers doesn't mean won't tear bleep up in OU. Then again it wouldn't hurt to give Ol' Luges a try.