• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Except Me (Multiple Hikari shippings - Rated T)

Mel-Girl can't resist polls so... Do you like the way this fic is progressing?

• Yeah! It's all been great! Loved every chapter!

Votes: 25 59.5%
  • Alright/Bad/Good to begin with, getting better as it progresses

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Great to begin with but I don't like this as much (care to tell me why? XD)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Psh, it's okay. It's just an average fic, don't really care.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • This fic sucks. My pet cat can write better.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Mel-Girl should stop making polls and update.

Votes: 8 19.0%

• Total voters
Hiiiiiiiii Mel!!!!!
I'm so sorry about being gone all of a sudden, but I'm finally done with school crap, so I'll be more active from now on,

Anyway,
Chapter 8-
Kanata-WOAH! didn't see that coming, At first, I thought she was a she, then a he, then reading this Chapter, a she again, I really don't like yuri or yaoi for tha matter, but I can live with that

Anyway,
Chapter 9- Well so much happened here but to name a few,
Gen+Return= Awesomeness.... why?, well that question I cannot answer.
Fights- well, i don't really like the fight but what's in the fight- Awwww, no more revenge plan. I wasn't expecting Shinji to be so.... well words can't explain it.
Shigeru- is falling for Hikari, even though it hinders Pearl, Penguin & etc shippings, it's still nice, for that cocky guy to find love, too bad Shinji ruined it.
Shuu- 2 women?! Kudos Shuu, Jk! ^_^
Anyway.
Chapter 10-
Gen got a scholarship- way to kill the mood Akane-sensei, or what's her name.
Shuu- YAY! Contestshipping prevailed again!
Yumomi&Hikari's truce- No comment.

Anyway sayonara, got places to go, people to meet, stuff to do, & food to eat!

Last edited:

Mel-Girl

left. right.
Chapter Eleven

Right, I’ve been a bit slow with my updating but I’ve been a busy girl lately so yay! Wait, hang on. I don’t like being busy. D=

Anyway, review replies... They’ll be uninspiring, I’m sure. XD

WolfGirl23 – Oh yes, everyone should get locked in a room full of plushies! >D I’d want to be locked in a room full of them, actually. Sounds fun. Thanks for reviewing!

Kawaii-lurve – Dang, I’ll get to that list sometime, I promise! It’s just not a top priority thing, but I will make it sometime! I might just list characters where people will be more likely to not know about. I don’t feel like I really need to list characters like Satoshi, Kengo, Haruka and Hikari for example. Hmmm, what would a girls’ punishment room have, I wonder? Leave that to your imagination, I guess. XD Thanks for the review!

CutexDiamond – Ah, don’t worry about it. Gen won’t be leaving just yet! >D Thanks for reviewing!

Lentils – LOL, I think most people were surprised by the punishment. I was sure it would leave an impression! ^_^ Thanks for your review!

Chelc – Yeah, I thought Satoshi wasn’t completely dense. XD Lol, some Kengo/Gen interaction this chapter. XD And yes, Gaz gets his shot with Giselle! But not in this fic! *shot* Thanks for your review!

Manix – Yay, party! XD And lawlz, poor Gen. You don’t care about him leaving? XD Hmmm, maybe I should lock you in a plushie-filled room? >D Feeling evil right now. XD Kidding, kidding! Thanks for the review!

Drew_and_May_fan – Just keep to one review per chapter, yeah? ‘^_^ I’m glad you like the fic though. =D And yeah, I’ll add you to the PM list. Thanks for reviewing!

Uzamaki Hinata – LOL, Satoshi secretly knew all along about Shuu liking two people at once. XDDD And I’m glad people like the Ikarishipping. I think it’s one of those ships that is hard to write realistically. Thanks for the review!

Pokewiz – Yeah, I know you’re a Contestshipper. There’ll be more development on the Advance/Contest thing this chapter! =D And lol, I didn’t update as fast. XD Thanks for the review!

Gazmof – LOL, we’re all busy people. XD I came up with a pairing for Seiyo within this fic actually. While it’s crack, I think it’s crack that makes sense. =D Oh there’ll be more between Satoshi and Shuu later on, I can assure you! >D LOL, I wanted some cute Penguinshipping stuff. ^^ LOL, Chelc is rooting for you! XD

~Mist~ - Oh my, with what you’ve said, I’ll need more Kasu-chan from now on! XD Btw, it’s Ayako, not Ayame. I might have already told you that but ah well. XD Hell yes, those guys being locked in there... We should’ve been locked in too! XDDD And thanks for all your compliments! You keep up your writing too! =D Thanks for reviewing!

ContestNoir888 – It’s okay, we’re all busy people. Take your time and stuff. Lawlz, Shuu has priorities. Why one when he can go for two? *shoots Shuu* But that so ain’t happening... >DDD Thanks for the review!

Dang, all those review replies took ages... Uh... Right, shippings this chapter include: Penguinshipping, Advanceshipping, Seiyo x Shigeru, a bit of Contestshipping, a tiny of HeatTag, Ikari and... My brain went dead. I seriously can’t remember the rest. XDDD

Well uh... Onto the chapter!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter Eleven: Gossip!

Kengo’s POV

“Huh?!” I was taken aback. Yet what she said brought a huge grin to my face. “It’s been so long since we’ve actually hung out, just the two of us! Wha-”

“I just want your advice!” She suddenly froze, looking to her left. I followed her glance and saw Ayako-sensei approaching us with Kasumi trailing behind her. Hikari quickly leaned towards me and whispered, “It’s about what to do with my uh... my...”

Leaning away from me, she forced a smile and greeted Kasumi and her mom. “Hey Kasumi! Hey Ayako-sensei!” I called out to them. The two didn’t respond back and eventually they stepped walking about two metres in front of us.

Ayako-sensei turned to Kasumi and said, “Next time you should be more responsible with your actions. What are you going to do if she overheard it? At least our talk while walking you back here gave me some understanding of why you said what you said.” Without another word, she walked off leaving Kasumi with us.

Kasumi looked at us and sighed. “Damn it, Hikari! Why is your mom at this school?” she hissed, grabbing Hikari by the shoulders. Shaking Hikari a bit, her face started softening up. She suddenly pulled Hikari into a hug and mumbled, “I can’t be mad at you... It’s too hard!”

“Eh? Kasumi, why did my mom tell you off?” Hikari asked, as Kasumi began apologising to her. “Why are you apologising to me?”

“In my last class of the day, Moe and Seiyo started saying all this mean stuff about you and I wanted to be above them. But the more I listened to them, the more I believed it. Then I started saying horrible stuff about you too and Ayako-sensei caught me and only me...” she hugged Hikari tighter and I could see Kasumi trying to keep composure. Yet I could tell that on the inside, she was starting to break. “I felt stuck because you’re my friend and I don’t want to be mad. But knowing that Satoshi isn’t interested in me that way. It hurt to know I had wasted so much time!”

Hikari broke free of the hug and frowned. “It would have been nice if...” She didn’t finish her sentence as a new thought struck her mind. I get it, Hikari. You probably wanted Kasumi to stick up for you instead of her feeling like she had to join in, but at the same time, you don’t want more conflict. “Um... Well... I’m not going to be mad at you but...”

I placed a hand on Kasumi’s shoulder, sensing that Hikari needed me to say something. “Seeing someone you really like with other people can hurt, but was getting stressed over it the best way to handle it?” I asked as Kasumi shook her head in response. “No it isn’t, but it always seems like the thing to do. It’s one of those things that come naturally when you feel something is wrong. Not everyone can be cool-headed in what can be daunting situations. There isn’t one person I know who hasn’t looked at a problem and tried to deal with it by taking it out on someone else.”

Kasumi and Hikari stared at me. They understood every single word I said and I could see them thinking over it. I went silent and they both looked up at me with a questioning look. “Are you trying to make a point, Kengo?” Kasumi asked, shaking my hand off her shoulder. “Do you know what I should’ve done instead?

I shook my head. “I don’t know exactly what to do. But I understand the feeling of being pushed to the side. I realise that what I want is the same as what I can’t have, at least as far as I’m aware of. But I refuse to take the frustration out on other people. I also refuse to forget my feelings! Even though my feelings won’t be returned, the least I can do is hold onto the thoughts by myself because later on, I’ll be a stronger person and the memories won’t defeat me. It sounds stupid but...”

“But you don’t have to get stronger by yourself!” Hikari blurted out, grabbing at my arm. “It can be good also to express your feelings and grow up together. Isn’t that what we relied on back when we were younger?” The three of us went silent, all staring at her. Hearing her say that made me feel happy. I almost felt like we were trailing back to our childhood. “Sorry, sorry! Go on...”

Kasumi stretched her arms out wide and yawned. “Actually, I want to go inside! Kengo’s given me something to think about. I didn’t think that someone like him would help me to understand...” She turned to me and added, “You know, being able to get an understanding of people and situations and stuff is a really good quality, so make use of it more, okay? Make others happy.” Without another word, she walked into her dormitory and shut the door.

Hikari and I stood in silence for a while, my eyes on her, her eyes on the ground. Eventually she looked up at me with a warm smile on her face. “Where have you been all my life?”

“Huh?”

Hikari started blushing a tiny bit as she took her hands away from my arm. She’s so cute when she’s blushing like that. “I don’t understand it, but I’m incredibly hopeful now. Seeing you being able to understand a person’s feelings made me realise how grateful I am to have you as a friend...”

I felt myself going bright red. I’ll probably never forget that comment. Though now I feel awkward. “Wow, the compliments, Pikari. You must really want my help!” I commented, smirking at her. Before she could snap at me, I turned away and walked off. “Well, see ya tomorrow!”

“No I don’t, Ken-Ken!” she suddenly yelled after me, causing me to stop in my tracks and shoot her a ‘What the hell was that?’ look and she grinned. “Sorry, I just wanted to try it. See what the reaction would be!”

Grinning at her, I replied, “You can call me that if you want to. Whatever.”

“No! You aren’t annoyed by it! I need to think harder to get a better nickname for you!” We both chuckled and exchanged goodbyes again.

As I walked back to my dormitory, I saw Gen standing against a wall in the hallway. Some girls tried to get his attention, but he wasn’t listening. He spotted me coming in his direction and nodded. “Kengo-san. Good to see you. Have you been well?”

“Oh. Yeah! How are you? Just chatted with Hikari and I think things are looking up!” I really wanted to exaggerate on how things were going good for me at the moment, especially to Gen. I feel kinda mean, but like, everything seems to be perfect for him so I wanted him to see that things were starting to go right for me too.

Especially since Gen was like Hikari’s ex and I really wanted to rub it in! “I see...” mumbled Gen, staring up at the ceiling. Okay, maybe I rubbed it in too much? He noticed my expression and smiled at me. “No, no. I’m glad that things have been going well for you and Hikari.”

“Hey! Don’t you usually address Hikari as ‘Hikari-san’?” I asked, feeling a tiny bit proud that I noticed this.

“Yes... I do, but she told me to just call her ‘Hikari’...” he responded, continuing to gaze at the ceiling.

I rolled my eyes and placed my hands on my hips. “You know what? You’re kinda giving off a melancholy feeling or something. It kinda bothers me. Something wrong?” I questioned him, raising an eyebrow.

“Can I tell you something? You mustn’t tell anyone, okay? Promise?” I nodded and let Gen continue. “A while ago, I took an exam in the hopes of earning a scholarship overseas. I knew this would boost my career and help me learn more about the film industry.”

“Film industry?”

Gen tilted his head and grinned. “Yeah! I don’t get it, but I really wanted to make it big, get into that industry! My family always thought I’d make a great doctor or lawyer or something, but I was always interested in films. I want to express my ideas to the world, direct a movie or something. The girls often were like, ‘No, you’re so good-looking that you’d make such an awesome actor!’ I once thought acting would be right but I cannot act at all!”

“I like acting...” I mumbled randomly, not wanting to admit that I wasn’t great at it either. “Though the movies you’d create would be amazing!”
The grin on Gen’s face became wider. “And that’s one of the many things that sets Hikari apart from the other girls I knew. All of them would be interested in my looks and that I had good grades and stuff. I was popular, good looking and smart, they said.”

“They said! You know it! You’re like, the envy of all the guys in the school! You could have any girl you wanted!”

Gen sighed, running a hand through his spikey raven hair. “I don’t want just any girl. Hikari was the first girl to see past the popularity, the looks and the smarts, actually. And Kengo-san, if I may, to be honest, I’m actually kind of unconfident as a person.”

“Sure don’t look it...”

He laughed, scratching his forehead with an uneasy look on his face. “It made me feel more self-conscious of myself, being popular like this. I thought someone like you would get what I mean. Sure, I get all the praise but it comes only when I’m upholding the expectations!” He sighed and started pacing around in circles. “I always have to be the role model and I’m not stopping that. I can’t even properly date anybody or anything, which is why I see Hikari as being special to me.”

“Can’t date or anything? You kidding me?” My jaw dropped, even though I expected a logical reason coming up.

“All the girls that like me are liked by other guys. The guys are always asking me to keep away and stuff, even my friends ask me to back off. I want them to be happy and get with the girls they like so I do, even if I see the girl as a potential interest... It’s just that I always want to be seen as the good guy so I step aside even if it’s not what I wanted. And even now, I truly want to step aside for you Kengo but-”

“Then you deserve Hikari!” I interrupted him, placing my hands behind my back. “You shouldn’t just make your happiness the lesser priority. Sure, people don’t see the real you, they don’t really take notice of your feelings and whatnot and yes, you’re a popular guy so you naturally feel that you have to be the nice guy to remain liked but that doesn’t mean you should put your own happiness aside!”

Gen stopped pacing around to look at me. I saw a smile forming on his face. “I see a lot of me in you, actually. Here you’re telling me that I shouldn’t place my happiness aside for others and yet that’s exactly what you’re doing. You want me to have Hikari so I’d be happy and I want you to have Hikari so you’d be happy.”

“We’re gonna have to share!” I joked, knowing that what Gen said was the truth. And yet both our giving natures are starting to make this situation awkward. One of us will have to back out and yet if I back out, I know that Gen will feel too guilty. Despite the slight awkwardness about, I finally came to understand Gen, forming some sort of friendship with him.

“I applied for a scholarship a while ago, an overseas one and I got it. That means when it’s graduation time, I’ll be getting ready to move away for around... five years or something. However long it takes me to finish the courses I wanted to do. I won’t be here to date Hikari or anything.”

My eyes averted to the ground as I breathed a heavy sigh. “Congratulations on getting the scholarship but... basically, what you’re doing is giving up one happiness to have another? Does this scholarship matter more to you than Hikari?”

Gen sighed. “It’s not like that. I’ve wanted this scholarship more than anything for years. Getting the scholarship means I’ve already achieved one of my dreams! Kengo, success to you might be getting a girlfriend or passing some tough exam but to guys like me, it’s either falling in love or scoring an opportunity like that scholarship, which will set me up for my future. I can’t just put my life ambitions aside for a relationship...”

“Will taking the scholarship make you happier than being with-” Gen suddenly paced his hand against my mouth, making it harder to speak. I struggled to get his hand off, trying to work out why Gen was stopping me from speaking. I looked to my left and saw a crowd of people approaching. Eventually he took his hand away and I glared. “What the hell was that for?”

“I don’t want people knowing about my scholarship. Not yet, anyway... I’m afraid we’ll have to cut this discussion short, Kengo-san. I dunno. Have you listened to a song named ‘Kaze no Message’? Try expanding your music knowledge a bit sometime!” With that, he jogged away as some girls in the crowd started going after him.

He doesn’t want people knowing about his scholarship? That’s so strange. If I achieved something like that, I’d want everyone knowing. And what is he on about with the music thing?

As I continued walking back to my dormitory, I saw Seiyo heading in the same direction, only she was quite bit ahead of me. She disappeared around the corner and my walking pace got slower. Eventually, I turned the corner as well and noticed that Seiyo had already proceeded along the next. Is she heading towards my dormitory or... Shigeru’s is real close to mine; maybe she’s seeing someone in his one?

No, this is Seiyo. The only guys she’d be interested in around this area would be Shuu, Shigeru and possibly Shinji if she doesn’t realise that Shinji’s blatantly not interested in anybody.

I turned another corner and was completely taken aback. Seiyo had practically shoved Shigeru into a wall and was pulling him into a liplock. How could I go into my dormitory without either of them realising I witnessed them? I don’t get why Shigeru was doing this when he hasn’t officially dumped Hikari yet or whatever. Sure, I missed what happened before Seiyo decided to try make out with the guy, but seriously, what the hell?

Shigeru lifted his head up and made eye contact with me. He pushed Seiyo away and glared. “Oh bloody hell, Kengo! Get out of here!” he shouted, Seiyo glowering at me. “Honestly, why the hell are you watching?!”

I felt completely embarrassed to have been discovered, and yet I somehow managed to react angrily. “Well, sorry! It’s not like I woke up this morning and decided, ‘Ooh! What are my plans for the day? Ooh, how about I go discover Shigeru almost making out with a girl when he hasn’t properly broken up with Hikari yet? Sounds fun! Like yah, I’m an otaku who watches making out sprees!’ Honestly Shigeru, what do you take me for? I don’t get how your mind works!”

Shigeru smirked at me. “We may as well have broken up. Her and her damned plotting with Shinji and all. Not to mention all the other rumours I’ve heard...”
Seiyo grinned, wrapping her arms around Shigeru’s neck. “Hikari is a total men user. I heard she tried to use Satoshi to get what she wanted. She used Shinji for plotting, she used Shigeru here. Kengo, it’s probably disappointing for you to hear but you’re next.”

I placed my hands on my hips. “It depends how you perceive the situation! You’re just making judgements off loose rumours!” I shot back, storming off into my dormitory.

“You’re wasting your time, Kengo!” Seiyo yelled after me, but I chose not to reply.

“Tell anyone what you saw and you won’t enjoy your school life!” Shigeru called after me as well.

Slamming my dormitory door behind me, I made someone leap up from their bed in surprise. When he saw that it was me who entered, he slumped back down and put on his best bored facials. “Hey.”

“Shinji, I entered and you looked like you were plotting something...”

Shinji got up from his bed and walked over to me and muttered at me, “I overheard everything and I know what happened as well, thanks to your convenient entrance. I can use this against Shigeru so he won’t tell everyone something that you can’t know either.” Without another word, he went back to his bed, just as Satoshi entered the room.

“Hey Kengo! I just talked to Hikari and she said me and Haruka could take the date prize for tomorrow night. She said she was hanging out with you tomorrow, so are you two dating now?” Satoshi asked me. I shook my head in response and his smile faded a little. “Ah... Well, I guess you’re getting there.”

“Why are you so supportive of him? It’ll never happen between them,” he muttered with a sulky tone.

“Well, I doubt Hikari would go for you either,” I snapped, getting irritated by Shinji’s negativity. He completely ruined the supporting-Kengo-Hikari-relationship moment with his comments. That’s why Shinji and I never get along. We’re just too different.

“That wasn’t what I was implying. I don’t even want to be interested in her,” Shinji grumbled, turning over on his bed. “I’m not meant to mix with people like her. People like her are supposed hate me and people like me are supposed to hate her.” He rolled over once again, only to end up falling off the bed. If he weren’t in such a bad mood, I’d have laughed at him.

I assumed Satoshi would do the same and not laughed but it seemed like he just couldn’t resist. “Ha! I wished I got that on tape! Nobody sees Shinji screw up or be clumsy!” Shinji shot Satoshi a glare before getting up again.
“I’m surrounded by idiots...” he muttered, as Shigeru burst into the room. “And that hasn’t changed with Shigeru’s entrance...”

Shigeru was grinning widely, trying to ignore the fact that I caught him and Seiyo earlier. It seemed he had another plan up his sleeve. “Two things! One, I heard some rumours and two, that’s totally convenient for what me and Seiyo are going to sign up for!” he announced excitedly.

The rest of us were silence, doing our best not to care but we figured that Shigeru wasn’t going to put up with that.

“Well, Seiyo and I are going to sign up to be writers of the school’s gossip column! Don’t tell everyone though.”

I shrugged my shoulders. “You’ve told everyone for us, declaring that at the top of your lungs...”

Shigeru’s excited face changed to an annoyed one. “Well, then whoever heard me isn’t allowed to tell! Oh yeah, another thing. I heard teachers talking and Haruka’s changing dormitory rooms with a girl named uh... Kimi, was it? Haruka’s now stuck in the same room as Kanata! Isn’t that hilarious?” Our faces all went pale at the thought of Kanata and Haruka sharing rooms.

“Hey, who’s in the same room as Kanata? Because there are four to a room, right? So the new room for Haruka will be her, Kanata...” Satoshi went blank on who the other girls in that dormitory were.

I wasn’t sure either so I looked to Shinji to see if he knew. He didn’t answer so we all looked at Shigeru expectantly. Though we all seriously doubted that Shigeru would bother to remember their names unless there was something special about them.

“Uh... Um... Haruka, Kanata, Nanako and was it... Aoi? Ha, Haruka may as well been stuck with boys! Kanata likes girls, Nanako’s obsessed with baseball and Aoi looks like a man!” Shigeru seemed to find this completely hilarious while I was feeling sorry for Haruka. I could see Satoshi looking a bit saddened too. Shinji couldn’t care less.

“I don’t think I’ve heard of Kimi before. So I suppose she’ll be part of Hikari’s girly dormitory gang...”

I raised an eyebrow. “I think Hikari and Haruka were the only ones who made that dormitory girly. Remember that Nozomi and Kasumi are part of the dormitory too...” We all went silent, pondering this. None of us had met Kimi before, only knew of her existence.

“Well, anyway... Hey Satoshi, can I stalk you guys on your date so I can get any gossip for my article?” All jaws dropped and we stared at Shigeru in disbelief. Only Shigeru would ask to stalk someone to get information off them. We all decided to turn our backs on him, just to annoy Shigeru. “Hey, come on! I want a really juicy first article and... You know you should be flattered that I asked to stalk you! Come on Sato-kunny-wunny! I’ll spill all your deep, dark secrets in my first article instead...”

It’s a definite disadvantage for Satoshi if Shigeru has some gossip about him. “Absolutely not!”

“Well, I suppose it’ll be okay if I told everyone what you said about Kasumi back when we were ten years old-”

Satoshi’s arm flung out, his hand slapping against Shigeru’s mouth before he could say any more. “Fine, you can come if you can pay your own bill for the restaurant!”

“Two dollars should be enough to grab just a table,” Shigeru answered with a triumphant grin. I was just trying to imagine the restaurant’s reaction to a young teenager asking to use a table and nothing else.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

It was the next day, after class time. Hikari grabbed my arm and started running, pulling me along with her. It seemed like she was in some major rush. Somehow we ended up at the library. “I thought we were gonna...”

“Sorry, sorry!” Hikari apologised as Kouhei waved to us in the background. “I forgot I have to continue with the project I’m doing with Kouhei! So I just have to tell you what I want you to help with then I have to get back to working on the project!”

I looked over at Kouhei and glared. There was something about the way Kouhei looked. He seemed perfectly happy to be taking up what was supposed to be Hikari-and-Kengo time and replace it with Kouhei-ogles-Hikari-while-working-on-project time. Dang, I just didn’t like this.

“So you tell me the problem and I’ll go and think about it? But won’t Kouhei hear it too?” I asked, thoughts of doubt rushing through my mind. I didn’t like the idea of Kouhei helping Hikari too. What if he’s the one who finds the perfect solution and not me?

Hikari nodded. “Well yeah, if he has some ideas to contribute, that would be great too. Kouhei’s really smart so he might know what to do!” she replied with a smile. “I must be lucky to have you two. A guy who is great with advice and a guy who is really smart! There is no way this can go wrong!”

Haruka’s POV

I kept wondering as I slipped on my best sapphire blue dress, ‘What will happen tonight?’ Of course thinking that, I’d get the feeling of ‘Anything Can Happen’, which makes me think of all the possible things that can happen.

Hey, let’s make a list of ten things that could happen tonight.

1. Satoshi will realise his feelings for me

2. I will realise my feelings for Satoshi, though I don’t believe I have any

3. Shuu will bop out of nowhere and I make up with him and we admit feelings for each other

4. I get drunk and Shigeru takes pictures of me drunk and posts them all over the school

5. Someone will be stalking Satoshi and I

6. I get knocked up by Satoshi and end up pregnant

7. I choose to name the baby Usagi, which is Sailor Moon’s name

8. Uzamaki Hinata decides to review this fic

9. I eat some peanut butter toast <3 Chelc likes peanut butter toast.

10. All of the above happens, which probably means I start up a threesome with me, Shuu and Satoshi

Man, that’s so weird. I could probably come up with like, another hundred things that could possibly happen.

Nozomi stared at my dress. It had one strap and flowed down just a little bit past my knees, with tiny pink flowers dotted around my waist like a flowery belt. I slipped on some white flats and twirled in front of the mirror. “...The dinner date starts in around three hours, right? It’s coming up to four’o’clock, so why are you getting ready this soon?”

I sighed. “I want to take time to look good!”

“... Three or so more hours not enough? Classes for the day have only finished like half an hour, do you really need to take so much time just for one date with a friend?” Nozomi asked me, raising an eyebrow as she flicked some strands of red hair away from her eyes.

“Well, I doubt I’m taking that long. I bet if Hikari had her way, she would spend a whole day getting ready for a 6pm date!” I commented, Nozomi chuckling in response. “Actually, that might be the time she takes to get ready for any outing!”

We went silent as I continued to get ready. Nozomi seemed like she wanted to say something but she chose not to. I pondered for a moment if she was hiding something from me but I decided to not let it bother me.

Instead, I should focus on the upcoming date, the upcoming date, the upcoming date...

... If Satoshi shows up in his cap, jeans and a plain old t-shirt, I’ll murder him.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

I was waiting at the entrance gate with Satoshi. We both remained quiet as a limousine approached the school. I studied what Satoshi was wearing and blew a sigh of relief. At least I don’t have to murder him. In fact, he looked quite nice, better than I expected. Maybe Kengo helped him out.

“Is what I’m wearing fine?” Satoshi asked me, scratching the back of head with an unsure expression. “Just that I know Hikari would have an opinion on outfits and care what people wear on dates, Kasumi probably wouldn’t care but as for you... I’m not really sure.”

I smiled at him and told him what he was wearing was fine. I also added that I don’t tend to care unless it’s clearly not fit for the occasion.

Satoshi looked relieved. “I’m glad to know that! I heard that some girls can get really weird over minor stuff like that.” He stared at the ground for about ten seconds before looking up at me again. The limousine pulled up beside us and the driver asked if we are the people who won the prize from the bowling tournament. Satoshi presented a certificate of sorts to him and we got accepted.

We hopped into the limousine and dang, it was flash! The seats were extremely comfortable and there was a red and purple colour scheme throughout the inside. I’d take more time to admire it but Satoshi seemed to want to talk.

“Hey uh... Why are we dating in the first place? Because Kengo said so? To make Shuu jealous? To make Kanata back off?” My eyes widened as Satoshi asked this. “And what are we dating as? Are we now a couple? Are we dating as just friends? Are we just going along with this for the heck of it? Are we dating just so someone takes the prize? What are we planning to achieve by doing this?”

I didn’t know what to say. He asked so many important questions. I wanted to answer them all. I wanted to make sense. But no words could come to mind. The answers eventually began forming in my mind but for some reason, I couldn’t speak them aloud. Feeling like this made me feel embarrassed. I wanted to kick myself. I was looking so stupid.

It frustrated me. Kengo did say so. We are trying to make Shuu jealous. We are getting Kanata to back off. But we’re not a couple. But are we left as ‘just friends’ then? We could possibly be going for the heck of it. Well, someone needed to take the prize so we bags’d it. That’s all I could of think for answers.

“Haruka...?”

I focused my gaze onto my lap, biting my lip irritably. What am I looking for in Satoshi? Just a shoulder to lean on, to help me get through all this? Is it just because he’s there that I’m choosing to place my trust in him? I want to talk with him, get some understanding, and make some decisions.

Why are teenagers like myself so complicated? I wish I could be like my younger brother Masato, who’s back at home. His problems are getting sorted by teachers, my mom and dad and he doesn’t have to do much for himself even though he’s nearly twelve.

How can it be that I’m two years older and feel worlds away from him maturity-wise? At boarding school, I can’t go to my parents whenever I’m in a funk. I have to get by, relying on my friends. I have to look after myself most of the time. I have to sort out my homework, clean up my space, and remember notes and everything.

I doubt I could’ve lasted at a boarding school if I didn’t have such wonderful friends. And if I have wonderful friends in my own dormitory, why aren’t I getting advice from them? What made me decide that Kengo would help? What made me feel like Satoshi could be the one to make everything better?

“Haruka, are you okay? You seem to be stressing out!” Satoshi placed a hand on my shoulder, grabbing my attention. I averted my gaze from my lap to his face, my cheeks going red and my eyes starting well up with tears. “Haruka...”

I wiped my eyes hastily and forced a smile. “Sorry, got lost in my thoughts! It was stressing me out. So uh... I hope that this prize date turns out well, huh?”

Satoshi took his hand away, still having an upset expression on his face. “You know, you can tell me what’s going on! I think of you as being one of my best friends. I care about what’s going on!” I grinned after hearing this. Satoshi is such a good friend to me.

“After we eat... We’ll talk.”

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

We were seated at a table at this fancy restaurant. There were beautiful crystal chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, one over Satoshi and my table. Our table had a beautiful white tablecloth and deep blue mats were placed in front of us with shining silverware.

The waiter told us that we could have anything off the menu and that it was all free. I was delighted to know this and I licked my lips at the thought of all the food I could order.

I thought I saw a couple that resembled Shigeru and Seiyo but I shrugged it off. It wasn’t worth my time caring about some couple that may not be who they look like. I’m here to hang out with Satoshi and enjoy tons of food.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

I can’t believe how much food I just ate. Maybe fifty times my body weight? Could be possible. Satoshi ate a lot too but not nearly as much as me. I have a feeling I’m going to put on more weight or something. I’ll probably put on so much that someone as dense as Satoshi would even notice.

No, Satoshi just acts all dense about the romance thing and schoolwork. I wonder if I fill up on food all the time though, for more reasons than just ‘I’m almost always hungry’. Maybe I eat as a sort of way to cheer myself up.

“Hey uh... You wanted to talk after we eat?” Satoshi asked, wiping his face with a fabric napkin.

“Oh right... I was wondering about what I should do. I’ve liked Shuu for such a long time and yet when he did what he did and he saw my reaction, he didn’t seem to be doing much about it... In fact, he’s been avoiding me or something...” I stared down at my empty plate, trying to keep composure, trying to stay calm.

“Kengo told me last night that Shuu and Saori had gone to see him for advice. Before you went o see him. I think he’s trying to help both sides. Don’t get angry at him about this though because I think he’s got enough to deal with!” Satoshi told me with a concerned look in his eyes. “The thing is, I found out that for a long time, he’s liked both you and Saori. He only just decided recently after the incident and after we were in some sort of crazy detention thing that he wanted you. He said that it wasn’t just a crush.”

I knew the words that came next. My knees started shaking nervously and the rest of me felt numb. I couldn’t explain it but I really felt some sort of build-up. I’m so sure about what Satoshi would say next and I didn’t know whether to be happy or not. It was like some sort of mix-up and it hurt.

“He said that he’s fallen in love with you.”

I went dead silent. One half of me wanted to cheer in excitement. Another half wanted to punch Shuu for messing with me. I wanted to leap into Shuu’s arms and know that everything will be okay again just that. I wanted to wake up to the reality that it can’t just become okay again just like that. I wanted him to prove himself. I wanted him to realise I’m not going to take his crap.

Satoshi grinned at me. “I guess you’re not going to take Shuu back, just like that?”

I shook my head. “No way, it doesn’t just work like that!”

“Then perhaps I can help?”

My eyes widened with surprise as they met his own. I stared at him with confusion. “How can you help?”

Satoshi stood up with a determined expression. He placed his hands on the table and looked down on me with a wide grin. “How about this? Shuu can’t date you until he’s proved himself worthy not just to you but to me! As in, I consider him worthy of you too! That way, he has to be a better person all-around! No more arrogant, self-centred Shuu who always gets what he wants!”

I thought over it. Quite frankly, this is genius. I saw the couple that looked like Shigeru and Seiyo get up and leave. In a way, I wanted to go and confirm their identities. Satoshi sighed and said that they were Shigeru and Seiyo. “They heard everything. Shigeru threatened to blackmail me if I didn’t let him stalk us...”

“What?”

“But all that means is that the school will know that Shuu isn’t worthy of dating you! That will definitely force him to become a better person, right?” he pointed out quickly. We went silent again though he seemed to realise that I was fine with this. This is brilliant. Shuu is getting all the humiliation he deserves. “Just one other thing...”

I raised an eyebrow. “What’s that?”

“You’re being moved into a new dormitory. Same one as Kanata.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Uh-uh, the date ain’t finished yet! XD But dang, Haruka’s in for a bit of trouble but so is Shuu! Also, we still don’t know what Hikari wants help with!

So, next chapter!

- Haruka gets moved out of the dormitory room and into Kanata’s!
- What is this new girl, Kimi like? (she’s my OC XD)
- Shinji is going to be one very unhappy guy... Same with Shuu...
- The gossip column is published!
- Battle of the tomboy girls! Satoshi’s getting a lot to deal with...
- Kengo has come up with the crackiest plan ever!

Now with that to think about, I’ll leave you to review! Adios!

Chelc

*dies*

Man, this chapter was intense. XD

I can see Gen being into the whole film thing, actually. It suits him well. I never really thought about Kengo and Gen being alike, but now that you mention it, I can totally see it. Poor Gen, though. I guess that was enough IronWillshipping...for now.

Haha, I loved the bit about Gen recommending Kaze no Message.

Ugh, Shigeru and Seiyo...remind me of the popular trashy couple that everyone hates. I wonder if Shigeru will come to his senses or what about those Hikari rumors...

LOL, I was on Haruka's list, and so was Uza. That was unexpected, but pretty cool at the same time.

I still get the feeling Shinji likes Hikari. >_>?

Satoshi and Haruka's date seemed to go well. I'm surprised she ate more than Satoshi, though, lol.

I wonder what Haruka will do about her new dorm...it sounds scary, lmao. I hope she survives. I can't wait to get to know your OC. Annnnd of course, I still want to see what happens with Contestshipping.

I'm sure the next chapter will be awesome. ;D Can't wait for it!

Manix

Another round?
Brilliant. Just brilliant. A good chapter, again.

3. Shuu will bop out of nowhere and I make up with him and we admit feelings for each other

4. I get drunk and Shigeru takes pictures of me drunk and posts them all over the school

10. All of the above happens, which probably means I start up a threesome with me, Shuu and Satoshi
I lol'ed here.

- Haruka gets moved out of the dormitory room and into Kanata’s!
Not a logical move... >_<
- What is this new girl, Kimi like? (she’s my OC XD)
I can't answer that.
- Shinji is going to be one very unhappy guy... Same with Shuu...
Thanks for that.
[sarcasm]Yay.[/sarcasm]
- Battle of the tomboy girls! Satoshi’s getting a lot to deal with...
I feel sorry for him.
This I gotta see!

Fin. Yes, that's it.

Another great chapter!

“We’re gonna have to share!” I joked, knowing that what Gen said was the truth.
LOL! Share?

“Well, Seiyo and I are going to sign up to be writers of the school’s gossip column! Don’t tell everyone though.”
I sense troubles...

“You’re being moved into a new dormitory. Same one as Kanata.”
Good luck, Haruka XD

I can't wait to read it! I wonder what would Shigeru and Seiyo write about..

Another plan?

Dang, I’ll get to that list sometime, I promise! It’s just not a top priority thing, but I will make it sometime! I might just list characters where people will be more likely to not know about. I don’t feel like I really need to list characters like Satoshi, Kengo, Haruka and Hikari for example.
You can take your time. I think that most people know about the main characters' japanese names so I think that you could just list out the names of the characters who appeared once only in the anime.

Haha Sailor Moon! I used to be obsessed with that when I was little o_O
Ehehe.. Shigeru writing a gossip column? I can imagine that :D And I can totally see him doing the stalking-people-on-dates thing.
Gen? Film industry? Over-seas? As in Hollywood? Lol, awesome! Too bad he won't be on the big screen.. only behind-the-scenes. But if he were on the screen millions of fangirls would be shrieking the entire movie, so perhaps that's a good thing.
Can't wait for Chapter 12-I love reading Gossip Columns! Hehe.

*pops head in this thread* now i know why people like this fic. it's very well written.

Man, that’s so weird. I could probably come up with like, another hundred things that could possibly happen

lol. very funny.

... If Satoshi shows up in his cap, jeans and a plain old t-shirt, I’ll murder him.

now that is something I'll like to see. lol

Anyway very nice work. hope to see the next chapter up soon. ^_^

“Is what I’m wearing fine?” Satoshi asked me, scratching the back of his head with an unsure expression. “

just wanted to correct something minor, just sounds wrong to me......and yeah the list:

*insert laughter, & rolling on the floor part here*

And since when was Satoshi NOT dense, well, guess there's a first time for everyting

* Insert a few cursing here* @ Kouhei, for ruining HikarixKengo alone time, it was so close:((.

I think I know what Nozomi's thinkin, maybe just maybe, lol ok,

OMG, sucks for Haruka to be stuck with all tomboys, she should be replaced with Kasumi

And finally, juicy gossip! Thx Shigeru ^_^ And poor Shuu, Almighty Fanfic Writer(aka Mel)lol, pls let Haruka and Shuu be together again... pls...
And I can't wait for the gossip column

Overall, Awesome Chappie, thx again Mel, gtg

Last edited:
Great chapter as always Mel!
This chapter was very intense, but also very funny. (sorta)
All the characters POV seems soo real like this really happened, like you were the character.
But in this chapter Ash seems kinda OOC... just the way I like it!
Keep up the Good work Mel!!! ^_^

kirby8933083

mai husbando
I read the first chapter and it was great! :) More than great, its Mel-tastic! But first, let me get one thing straight, who exactly is Kengo, or is that just a character you made, cause I know that Hikari is Dawn, right? o_O I get these names confused sometimes! But I'll have to stick to this and read the rest of the chapters before a new one is put up! ^_~

Aaah, I loved this chapter! Everything about it seemed to fit right in to place, from Kenny talking to Misty at the beginning while at the same time talking about his own feelings with Hikari to Ash and May dating! God, the Gary and Giselle part made me LOL in my room because I could actually picture that happening in the anime. Yay for her appearing though, because she makes the fanfic so much cooler (hah, who knew it could become better than it already was?)

Mel-Girl said:
“Well, anyway... Hey Satoshi, can I stalk you guys on your date so I can get any gossip for my article?” All jaws dropped and we stared at Shigeru in disbelief. Only Shigeru would ask to stalk someone to get information off them. We all decided to turn our backs on him, just to annoy Shigeru. “Hey, come on! I want a really juicy first article and... You know you should be flattered that I asked to stalk you! Come on Sato-kunny-wunny! I’ll spill all your deep, dark secrets in my first article instead...”

It’s a definite disadvantage for Satoshi if Shigeru has some gossip about him. “Absolutely not!”

“Well, I suppose it’ll be okay if I told everyone what you said about Kasumi back when we were ten years old-”

Satoshi’s arm flung out, his hand slapping against Shigeru’s mouth before he could say any more. “Fine, you can come if you can pay your own bill for the restaurant!”

FTW, seriously, I was laughing so hard after this part xDDDDDDD

So, in conclusion, even though I really want penguinshipping to happen, GEN IS JUST TOO GOOD OF A GUY TO BE SINGLE! LMAO, HE NEEDS HIKARI xDDD

I hope they get together but I don't at the same time xP

LOL, I was on Haruka's list, and so was Uza. That was unexpected, but pretty cool at the same time.

LOL, wasn't that awesome? xDDD

Pokewiz

Good bye :)
First of all, I'M SO SORRY I COULDN'T REVIEW BEFORE NOW DX
Second of all THIS CHAPTER WAS TOTALLY AWESOME

Gary x Giselle ftw! I fell in love with that shipping as soon as Kenny saw them. Speaking of Kenny, yay for him talking to Misty! And when Dawn was all:

I shook my head. “I don’t know exactly what to do. But I understand the feeling of being pushed to the side. I realise that what I want is the same as what I can’t have, at least as far as I’m aware of. But I refuse to take the frustration out on other people. I also refuse to forget my feelings! Even though my feelings won’t be returned, the least I can do is hold onto the thoughts by myself because later on, I’ll be a stronger person and the memories won’t defeat me. It sounds stupid but...”

“But you don’t have to get stronger by yourself!” Hikari blurted out, grabbing at my arm. “It can be good also to express your feelings and grow up together. Isn’t that what we relied on back when we were younger?” The three of us went silent, all staring at her. Hearing her say that made me feel happy. I almost felt like we were trailing back to our childhood. “Sorry, sorry! Go on...”

yes, so cute! I loved this Penguinshipping moment!

XDDDDDDDDDDD! Just LOL at this, I loved this part XD

And not much else to say except lovely chapter as usual NZ cousin!

Chapter 5 Review:
Look, I is reviewing!

Aww poor Kengo... He tried to make things work out in his favor but failed miserably. And things aren't working out for Haruka and Shuu either... Though I do have a softspot for Belleshipping...
I can't help but wonder how the date's gonna turn out. Kengo will probably be miserable watching Hikari which Shigeru. But it has to be apart of her and Shinji's revenge plan I suppose. I think Kengo's date will probably be Nozomi...or Haruka, just for the sake of being random. Maybe she's trying to get Shuu to be jelaous..?
Gah, so many love *insert many-sided polygon here* and conflicts going on!

Hopefully I'll have the time to read&review the rest later. Now where's my review? *shot* Kidding, I'm kidding. Haha. =P

Gazmof

Zephyr Trainer
Another great chapter; you really pushed the story forward a lot this time, especially in regards to Kenny and Dawn's potential relationship. It's fun watching Kenny agonise over his feelings for her and yet feel so helpless. I guess that's another reason why this fic is so cute ^^

Yay, the Advanceshipping date was so cute! Ash is so clueless and May is so demanding, which makes for a fun little exchange. Shame Gary had to be there, though T_T;; But no, why is May getting moved to a new dorm!? With Kelly of all people!? This is getting so crazy and I like it! :D

Really impressed with your sudden Riley mix-up, too. I wonder how that's gonna play out? I mean, how could Dawn resist the perfect college guy? Is Kenny doomed to a life of despair and anguish? Will you update soon? Find out the answers to these questions and more some other time!

Good job, Mel! ^^

Waste My Time

Ritchie Fangirl
That was pretty cool. The chapters are long, took me two days to read them all. That's acually good. I got confused at times by not using the engilsh names, so certain people I have no idea who they are.... Moving on, the next chapter sounds quite interesting, I can't wait to read it. I'll be checking in,
-Waste My Time

Mel-Girl

left. right.
Chapter Twelve

Yes! I did it! I managed to write another chapter! Woohoo, oh yeah, Woohoo! Celebrations! XD Now this is one chapter that I’m real curious about. Because there have been a lot of bad OCs in fics all over the place, not just on SPPf but on fanfiction.net too. So I’m hoping that my OC Kimi will be vaguely alright. Maybe?

In any case, review replies!

Chelc – Yes, Gen is just <3. He can be the best looking guy in the film industry. =D Yeah, I was thinking the exact same thing about Shigeru and Seiyo! XD And yes, I had Gen mention Kaze no Message for a reason. It’s not the shippiest of songs, but have you seen the translated lyrics? LOL Shinji is totally confusing with how he feels. I always thought Haruka would eat more than Satoshi, somehow. XD Thanks for the review!

Manix – Yes, I loved making that list! Couldn’t resist. Glad you liked the chapter and I hope you like this one too! Thanks for reviewing!

kawaii-lurve – Hmmm, while my list isn’t a major priority, I will have an explanation at the bottom of each chapter about the new faces to appear in the chapter. Yes, the gossip column! I definitely had fun writing it. XD Thanks for your review!

WolfGirl23 – LOL, Seiyo also writes the gossip column. Their gossip column will be crack too. XD Do note that their writing will be bad, plus I’ve never really written gossip columns before, so I hope it’s good. XD Yes, Gen on the big screen! <33333 Thanks for reviewing!

midnightmoon – Woohoo, new reader! I love new readers. XD Thanks, I try to make my writing good! Thanks for your review!

ContestNoir888 – Lawlz, everyone likes Haruka’s list. XD Yes, another person who wants to see the gossip column! <3 Thanks for reviewing!

Drew and May fan – Thanks for your comments, even though I was bit confused as to how Ash was being OOC. But then again, I barely seem to think about how in-character they are or not. So long as they aren’t opposites to how they actually are, it’s okay to me! Thanks for your review!

kirby8933083 – Wow, so many digits to type. But Mellie Mel Mel, you reviewed my fic! *glomps* Lawlz, learn your Japanese names! XD Everyone in the fic is from the anime except my OC Kimi. There. =D Thanks for reviewing, twin!

Uzamaki Hinata – COUSIN! Yes, Seiyo should appear in more fics. I think she’s perfect for AU High School fics, imo! LOL how about Gen x Hikari x Kengo? Me and Chelc agreed that couple – er, threesome - would work. XD Thanks for reviewing!

Pokewiz – COUSIN! Woohoo, I converted someone to one of my crack pairings! Yaaaaaay! Yes, go the Penguinshippingness! =D Such fun. <3 Thanks for the review!

The Renowned Obscurity – Yay, another person reviewing! Woooooooo, reviews make me go on sugar hypes, I swear. 0.0 Well, I could say all this stuff, but then I might give spoilers! Just have to wait for you to catch up! Catch up for Kouhei! =D Thanks for reviewing!

Gazmof – I feel sorry for Kengo. I always make things hard for him. D= LOL I wish I could’ve fitted in some more Haruka to this chapter, but chapter 13 is promising for more on how Haruka’s coping with the new dorm! LOL, your questions will get answered! Eventually. XD Thanks for the review!

Waste My Time – LOL, if you think my chapters are long then read Uza’s fics. Her chapters are looooooooooooooong! XD *shot for advertising friends’ fics* Yeah, I would be using dub names but like, I have a preference for the Japanese names, so bear with me please? Japanese names sound much cooler than English ones. XD Anyway, I’m glad ya liked it. Thanks for reviewing!

Wow, that was long. 12 reviews to reply to. It’s a lot more than it sounds imo. But then again, I really don’t mind at all. Reviews are <33333333333333
Er, I’ll shut up now. Well, this chapter, two things are certain! In comes my random weirdo OC Kimi and the gossip column! Let’s get this chapter started!
But first things first!

Shippings in this chapter include: Penguinshipping, Pokeshipping, Morpheusshipping (Satoshi x Aoi), a bit of Advance, maybe some Ikari here and there, ugh... I can never work out all the shipping stuff I have in my chapters! Well, you all know it’s Multishipping so let’s just get to the chapter! =P

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter Twelve: Troublesome

Hikari’s POV

Haruka came into our dormitory room with a huge grin. “Shigeru’s publishing a column! Shuu’s going to get what he deserves! I think I love Satoshi right now!” Kasumi immediately looked up and I could see her struggling not to glare at Haruka about the last sentence. Then Haruka’s face went upset as she seemed to remember something else. “And I have to pack up my bags...”

We all sat up, I almost crashed into Nozomi doing so. “Haruka, what do you mean?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“...Satoshi told me that apparently I’m being moved out. This is my last night, so let’s make it count, guys... I hope you’ll miss having me around and not enjoy the new roommates’ company more than you’ve enjoyed mine...” Haruka told us with a sad smile. Nozomi and I went silent, while Kasumi went over to Haruka and slapped her arm.

“We’ll definitely miss you, silly! Anyway, you came in and ruined the mood! We were all trying to guess all the possibilities of how your date would go!” I grinned at this. Kasumi was ranting at Nozomi and me about how she’d wanted to date Satoshi for ages and Haruka snapped him just like that. Better not to mention this to Haruka though.

There was a sudden knock on the door. Before any of us could rush to answer it, the principal walked in. “Daigo-sama?!” Haruka exclaimed, blushing like mad. I really don’t get how Haruka can have a crush on the principal. At least she’s aware that the two will never date. So to me, she’s starting to look like some weird fangirl right now. But then again, I’m more fangirl than Haruka could ever be.

Daigo looked at Haruka and smiled. “The transfer has to happen now. Normally, I’d send someone to talk to you students for me, but I don’t get to interact with students enough so...” If you ask me, Daigo just wants to walk right in on girls in dormitory rooms. But I can’t say that, not to a principal of
Aomizu High.

“Hang on, Daigo-sama! Does that mean I have to pack up all my stuff now?” Haruka asked. Daigo nodded and added that the new roommate has almost finished and will be coming over in ten minutes. “But I have so much stuff and I leave too much junk lying everywhere... Can’t I move over tomorrow?”

Daigo grinned at her. “You seem well informed about this. That explains why you’re not surprised about transferring, just surprised at transferring now. The thing is, tomorrow’s going to be a busy day for you. Because you’re transferring to a new dormitory, some parts of your timetable will be changed and tomorrow, you have a class trip. By the time you get back, packing up with be even worse. Plus we want to switch you and Kimi over ASAP,” he explained with hands in pockets.

I rolled my eyes and asked, “Why is there a transfer anyway?”

Daigo looked at me and smiled. “By request of Kengo’s mother, actually.”

My eyes widened. “Ayumu-san requested that? Why?”

“Mmmm... I think she and Kimi’s mother made some arrangement to do with Kimi and Kengo. I’m not too sure why but we did a random select between Kasumi, Nozomi and Haruka – Ayumu wanted Hikari to stay put – and Haruka got chosen to move,” Daigo replied. He turned away and told us to help Haruka pack and that Kimi will be coming in about an hour.

After he shut the door on us, we all began rushing around the room, grabbing anything that looks remotely like something Haruka would own. I helped fold up clothes, Nozomi was grabbing Haruka’s school textbooks and stationary, Kasumi was grabbing all the extra junk Haruka owns while Haruka was pacing around, throwing some sort of spaz at us.

Why wasn’t I surprised that we wouldn’t help Haruka pack, but pack for Haruka instead?

Haruka was basically telling us that Satoshi was fun to hang out and she now considers him to be her best guy friend, apparently Satoshi’s now taking over for Kengo with helping her out about Shuu, she doesn’t want to move, Kimi’s probably going to be a poor replacement, how apparently she’ll be in the same dormitory as Kanata, Nanako and Aoi. Kasumi’s eyebrows were raised at the mention of Aoi.

“Shigeru told me the other day that he managed to get some gossip on Aoi,” Kasumi commented as she placed Haruka’s hair straightener in Haruka’s luggage bag.

“Shigeru and Seiyo are doing a gossip column. I heard the school newsletter will be released tomorrow. I wouldn’t be surprised if any rumours about Aoi bopped up! Not to mention, probably something about Satoshi and me...” Haruka answered, still walking around in circles instead of packing.

“We’re almost finished with packing!” Nozomi realised, heaving a sigh of relief. “I didn’t think we’d have packed Haruka’s stuff this fast!”

Haruka gave us all a wide smile. “Well, we had four people working on packing up all my stuff! So of course we’d get done faster!”

I counted Kasumi, myself and Nozomi. "No, that’s three people who packed.”

“What? I helped too!” Haruka protested. We all stared at her with disbelief. “I packed my hairbrush!”

“You packed my hairbrush, not yours!” I pointed out, taking my hairbrush back.

Haruka sighed. “Damn it, I did nothing!”

“Thank you. Three people did the packing.” Kasumi, Nozomi and I grinned at each other.

The hour passed and Daigo knocked on the door again. “Finished packing?” Haruka nodded and gave us all a quick hug. Daigo blew a sigh of relief and looked at his watch. “Kimi, you better just get in there and go to sleep. Cuz everyone should be getting to sleep around this time. Haruka, follow me to your dormitory!”

“Alone time with Daigo-san, Haruka!” I called out after her. She gave me a death glare as she walked out the door with the principal. Everything went silent as we anticipated Kimi’s entrance. Kimi’s a cute name, so I suspected that she’d be a cute girl with a sweet personality. I wonder what her mom and Kengo’s mom were arranging between the two.

“Kimi-san? You there?” Nozomi asked as a girl about our age tiptoed in, like she was avoiding some big entrance. We all stared at her anyway, just for being the new roomie. Dragging bags behind her, this girl avoided eye contact with all of us and started setting up her stuff. “Um... Hey, I’m Nozomi! Nice to meet you!”

The girl looked up at us and we got a proper look at her face. She had raven black hair tied back in a low ponytail with her bangs only just above her eyebrows. Her eyes were an emerald green and her clothes were not great. Just a simple white skirt and a black blazer jacket. Nothing really notable. I wasn’t impressed by this Kimi at all. Maybe her personality will be a vague improvement.

“Hello... I’m Kimi Kurozaki... I hope I’ll enjoy staying in the same dormitory room as you three and... And that we can get to know each other better...” Just from that introduction, I already decided that Kimi wasn’t a very talkative, outgoing type of girl but probably one of those smart, quiet girls instead.

“Well, hi I’m Hikari! I heard you were switched to our room because of some arrangement between Ayumu-san and your mom!” I shook hands with her and helped take things out of her bag. My eyebrows rose at the sight of this photo I noticed. “It’s you and Kengo...”

Kimi nodded, taking the photo from my hands. “Our families met at a wedding and so Kengo-san and I were photographed together. My mum wants me to get to know him better for some reason. So I kept the photo to remind myself of what he looked like,” she explained, though we weren’t really understanding it fully anyway.

Nozomi picked up a booklet. “School report! Mind if I see your grades?” she asked. Kasumi stood tall and placed her hands on her hips.

“Why haven’t you mailed your report card back home for your parents to look at?”

Kimi looked somewhat intimidated by Kasumi and cowered into a corner. “I have, but I copied out my school report a couple of times to remind myself of my grades and what I need to improve on...” She stared up at the ceiling. “Plus it means I have more possessions and also have proof that I haven’t quite reached perfection...”

“Perfection? Psh, nobody’s perfect! Anyway, I’m Kasumi,” Kasumi introduced herself, snatching the school report off Nozomi. Reading through it, her face went from suspicious to amazed. “Wow! So you’re the Kimi who managed to level with Shinji in terms of grades! I heard Shinji was really brainy but someone managed to get around the same number of excellences as him.”

Kimi nodded without a word. She continued unpacking her stuff while I tried to hide my disappointment. I was hoping that this girl would be fun and exciting. Instead, she seems too much like those bookworm girls whose entire lives revolve around good grades and studying.

“So Kimi, tell us about yourself,” Nozomi said to the black-haired girl. She looked up at us and smiled slightly. “Go on, you may be stuck with retarded roommates, but we don’t bite.” Kasumi and I faked hitting her in response.
Putting a finger to her chin, Kimi thought to herself, wondering what to say about herself. “My name is Kimi Kurozaki and I come from up north from the wealthy suburbs... I’m fourteen years old and my birthday is on November 12th. My favourite subjects are English, Geography and History... And that’s all I can think of to say about myself...”

“Isn’t that fun? But that doesn’t tell us what we want to know!” Kasumi replied with a smirk.

Kimi’s eyes widened with curiosity. “...What’s that?”

I leaped up in front of her with a huge grin. “We want to know all the juicy stuff! Like who do you have a crush on? Any gossip to share? Any life outside schoolwork?” I felt mean saying that last bit, but I was too caught up with expecting answers from this girl. Eh, I’ll apologise later.

“Crush... I hadn’t really thought about love...”

I sighed in disappointment and glanced at Nozomi. “That’s not fair. We can’t play matchmaker or something...”

“We can still play matchmaker anyway...” Nozomi pointed out, making me realise that Kimi didn’t need a crush; we could still set her up with someone anyway.

We heard a knock on our door and followed by a voice telling us to be quiet, turn our lights off and sleep. Kasumi, Nozomi and I sighed, having so many questions that needed to be asked and things that were needed to be said. Kimi was the first to have finished getting changed into her pyjamas.

I yawned and felt myself get the urge to sleep. Hopefully Haruka’s doing okay in her dormitory. And we still share classes, I’m sure. I hope.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

“READ THIS! READ THIS! READ THIS!” Kengo was banging his fist on the door, with a panicked voice. Kimi was the first to get out of bed – she was already fully dressed, she must be an early bird - and let him in. Kengo rushed in, still in his pyjamas. That didn’t seem to matter to him right now. He was waving the school newsletter in Kimi’s face. His yelling calmed down and his panicked face changed to a confused one. “...Who the hell are you?”

I rolled out of bed – literally – and got up to explain about what happened with Haruka and Kimi. He nodded in understanding, but that wasn’t what was on his mind right now. Handing over the school newsletter to me, he told me to turn to the 3rd page.

Flipping to the page he told me to go to, I began reading the article. “What... is this?”

“Just read...”

*~Shigeru heard you Sei~*

Written by the handsome Shigeru Ookido
(But mostly written by Seiyo =P)

Welcome to Aomizu High’s first gossip column! It was about high time we had one! It’s no fun if only a portion of the school AKA MOSTLY US knew about the gossip, ya know? Just wouldn’t be right, imo. LULZ

So we decided that we’ll be the people to fill in the gaps! Hell, if you want us to find out gossip for you, just approach us at any time! If you have gossip to report, you can also tell us! It’s not fair if not everyone knows each other’s innermost secrets!

Anyway, I’m sure this’ll bring us closer than ever. Who knows, you might find someone who likes the same guy you do! Could be the start to a beautiful friendship of fangirling that devilishly handsome grandson of Professor Ookido. ;D

Well, let’s start it off with a teacher. It’s been rumoured that a teacher has been crushing on one of the students! Oh yes, she’s all over him every chance she gets. You’d better believe it. And if you don’t know who I mean, yes I mean that pink-haired teacher Akane-sensei! And she likes none other than one of the most popular (but not nearly as good looking as me) students in the school, Gen!

Next on the list is quite a surprising one. I believe that Shinji has developed feelings for someone! Yes, I’m surprised too. While he may not show it, he desperately wants to get into a certain girl’s pants. Yes, we’re all looking at you, Hikari. I suppose all it means is just another guy you’re off to romp with.
Speaking of Hikari, I’ve dumped ya. Thought I’d mention to ya. But that’s what happens you act like an arse and plot revenge against me. Ugh, Seiyo wants to start typing now. >_>

Hikari isn’t the only girl to be dating multiple people at once. Satoshi is quite the manwh*re himself. Ah yes, he went out with Haruka, was going to date Hikari too and has other girls that like him too! The list of girls that like Satoshi include:

Kasumi

HARUKA I’M SURE CUZ SHE AIN’T DOING SHUU NO MORE

Aoi

Moe

Some other girl whose name escapes me

NOT ME

Hikari, I’m sure >P

Speaking of Satoshi and Haruka, here’s what Satoshi said to Haruka on their
date, which happened last night. See look at our talent, we can get last night’s gossip. “How about this? Shuu can’t date you until he’s proved himself worthy not just to you but to me! As in, I consider him worthy of you too! That way, he has to be a better person all-around! No more arrogant, self-centred Shuu who always gets what he wants!”

You got it. That’s what Satoshi said. Shuu, you better get the message then! Oh yes, Shigeru claims that there’s a Talent Quest coming up and he’s already spoken to the host about it that he’s entered Kengo, Shinji and Shuu in it. He says you three will be doing a dance to ‘Hips Don’t Lie’, no backing out of it, plzkthnxbaibai!

I think Shinji should be Shakira. I reckon Hikari would like that. Maybe Shuu should dress like Shakira too. And Kengo can be Wyclef Jean. That would be a performance worth watching.

Ah yes by popular demand of her roommates, Haruka has been kicked out of her dormitory and is now forced to stay in the same dormitory as her lesbian lover Kanata. Sounds lovely. I hope their two other roommates Nanako and Aoi enjoy watching their romping. Ew, that’s just wrong.

Kimi is now in place of Haruka. Too bad she’s awfully plain to look at. She might get kicked out too. But hey, she’s a top scoring student of her year group – a rival for Shinji with being the top student in their year group – maybe they should hook up because they’re both nerds – Hey! That’s it! Hikari, Kasumi and Nozomi can use Kimi to do their homework for them and stuff! Watch out teachers!

Oh yeah, Reiji is moving back to Aomizu High. All the fangirls that liked him better get their ‘Welcome Back’ banners up again! I heard he was a popular student too! He better not find out that Shinji likes Hikari – or Reiji will like Hikari too! D=

Oh yes, the vote for the next year’s student representative is coming up! So do you think you can stand being in meetings with the staff? Can you influence changes that are needed for the school? Well, vote for me. Or Shigeru. Make us representative and assistant representative! After that then come nominations for the student council! Don’t vote for the following people:

Hikari

Gen (cuz he won’t be here next year)

OH YEAH SPEAKING OF GEN I THINK HE WON SOMETHING, YOU SHOULD ASK
GEN ABOUT IT, HIKARI >D

Hikari

Kengo

Shuu

Satoshi

Shinji

Heeeeeeeeeeeey... You probably shouldn’t vote for Harley either. He’s weird.
Don’t vote for Kouhei either. He stalks Hikari, especially on Wednesday nights.
Oh yeah, I’m hosting a competition to see who can think of the most creative way to kick Daigo off as school principal!

With regards to Hikari’s mother, we’re over and out! Stay tuned for next week’s edition!

I stared in disbelief at the article. Silently, I passed it over to Kasumi to read next. “Did you read it fully?” Kengo asked me. I nodded, speechless. I was silent as Kasumi began ranting after reading the article. Nozomi then read it. After she finished, she passed it on to Kimi, speechless as well.

After reading the article, Kimi told us she was going to go and get breakfast. Kasumi suddenly started undressing, so we had to quickly kick Kengo out of the room too. I think when Kasumi’s angry; she doesn’t really care what she does. That’s what I think anyway.

Once Kasumi finished putting on her outfit for the day, she announced to us that she was going to leave the dormitory room too. Nozomi and I glanced at each other as Kengo was let back into the room.

“Hikari, you know how you told me about what you wanted help with? You said that you wanted help with your mom and how she’s a teacher at this school? Well, I have an idea...” Kengo told me, shuffling his feet nervously.
Nozomi raised an eyebrow at me but I decided not to explain the situation to her. “What’s your idea?”

He gulped and took in a deep breath. “Make your mother lose her job as a teacher at this school.”

What?! Nozomi looked like she’d been bowled over. I never expected him to suggest anything so absurd. My mother having a job here also means she’s got money to support the family. I doubt she’d want to leave her new job so soon.

“Kengo-san, are you serious? We’re students. How could we make a teacher lose their job?” Nozomi questioned Kengo’s idea quickly. She spoke up in place of me. No matter, we would’ve asked the same questions.

Kengo shrugged. “Well, another option is for Hikari to change school. It’s easier to change school then change job, isn’t it? Maybe? But I don’t want Hikari to change schools. I want her to stay but I feel that either she reconciles and tries to get on even terms with her mother, or her mother gets forced to leave...”

Oh, maybe what Kengo means is making my mom want to leave the job? But us, reconciling? She expected too much from me. I hope the teachers don’t read the school newsletter, not with that stupid gossip column printed on those pages. Sometimes I wondered if my mom was that bad, even with her trying to force the idea of perfection onto me.

Kimi spoke of perfection last night. I wonder if she gets the whole ‘perfection’ concept. I wonder though, what is perfection? I’d been taught to be beautiful and always work to be beautiful and to achieve high grades. No wonder I’m so superficial and why I’m easy to make fun of in stuff like that gossip column.

Here I go again, getting sidetracked again. The gossip column and Kengo bringing up the problems with my mom gave me that melancholy feeling once more. It frustrated me with how I can’t just stand up and face the problems with my head held high.

“I think it would be great if I could work out things with my mom... But I don’t think I could stand continuously living under the same roof as her. That’s exactly why I agreed with going to the same boarding school as Kengo.”

Nozomi nodded sympathetically as Kengo spoke, “So how about this? Let’s get you reconciling with your mom and then get your mother wanting to leave the school!”

It was weird. That may have been the answer that had been lingering in my mind all this time, but I would never feel so strongly about that solution until someone brought it up. Is that weird, to that way? I wonder.

Smiling up at Kengo, I agreed to his plan. “Yeah! That’s perfect!”

But it still seemed absurd to me. Are we seriously going to try and kick a teacher out of keeping their job? Is this going to go down in history as the first time that students plotted to make a teacher leave their job? Maybe?

Kasumi came storming in, still managing to balance trays of food. “I got breakfast!” she announced with an irritated voice. She glared at Kengo. “Why are you still here? Go perve on your roommates!”

Kengo went bright red and apologised quickly. “I was just about to leave! See ya later!” He made a hasty exit.

“So what’s going on, Kasumi?” Nozomi asked. I suspected that Kasumi would
tell us what was up regardless of whether we asked her about it or not.

“I went to the cafeteria and saw that Kimi kept being pushed to the back of the line by annoying students shoving in front of her so I said I’d get breakfast for you guys myself. Kimi said that she’ll have breakfast in the cafeteria then go to the library to study before first period. Haruka was around and told me she didn’t like Satoshi in the way the article said and added that timetables got switched around so she shares fewer classes with us... Then guess what happened next?!”

We had no idea what happened next. At a school like this, I made the assumption that anything could happen.

“Aoi asked me if it was true that I liked Satoshi and I was like, ‘What’s it to you?’ and then she got annoyed, which made me annoyed! So she was like, ‘Settle this at lunchtime!’ So I have to deal with her at lunchtime, not to mention Moe and others... Honestly!” Kasumi started eating noisily, trying to eat her breakfast as fast as possible.

Is it just me or were the dramatic events that began from when Gen first asked me out just the beginning? Just the beginning of crazy events yet to come!

Shinji’s POV

I read the article over and over again. Twenty times. I even proofread it once. Shigeru and Seiyo fail entirely at creating good gossip columns.
Satoshi was laughing insanely though, while Shuu was shooting him the evil eye. “I can’t believe Shigeru thinks that all those girls like me! It’s ridiculous!” Satoshi was in hysterics. The sound of his laughter is going to drive me insane.

“Did you really say those things about me? Are you going to stand in my way?” Shuu asked Satoshi, a harsh tone in his voice. Satoshi stopped laughing and glanced over at Shuu, raising an eyebrow in question. “What you said to Haruka... On your date. I thought you were in support of me.”
Satoshi stuck his tongue out at Shuu. “Well then clean up your act!
Complaining to me ain’t gonna help! You’re not the only friend I have to look out for!” Satoshi turned to me. “And you! Do you really like Hikari?”

Once more, I am questioned that. It makes me sick. I want to say that I don’t like her. Yet I can’t abandon how it felt to have something to do, that someone else would do too. This revenge plan I thought, was the first time I’d really let anyone in. Hikari was willing to go ahead with this revenge plan. We were going to get revenge on Shigeru. Together.

Before, I’d have never dreamed of getting involved with anybody, doing anything. I wondered if I’d softened up a bit. Plotting out things like revenge was something I usually did by myself. But somehow, doing something like that with someone else, someone like Hikari made me feel better.

And yet I didn’t want others to know how I felt. It’s worse when they cut straight to the point. I’m just left looking the fool when I’m trying to deny something they got right about me. It was a habit I grew up with. I never liked being predictable. And I couldn’t stand the thought of actually liking someone, having a crush.

Feelings of love weren’t supposed to matter and yet at the same time, they mattered. I hated the fact that Shigeru got something right about me. It made me hate Shigeru even more. I wish I was like Kasumi and felt no guilt at the thought of beating up on someone when they did something I didn’t like. It would be so much easier.

But no, I ended up being one to retreat to the shadows, one to deal with things from afar. I was subtly not being upfront with matters.

“Well, do you? Shigeru heard you Sei says that you do...” Satoshi turned to Shuu. “What’s the ‘Sei’ part supposed to mean anyway?”

“'Sei’ as in Seiyo and ‘say’. The article’s written by Shigeru and Seiyo. Get it?” Shuu explained before storming out of the dormitory room. Personally, I’d like to leave the room too.

Satoshi leapt onto my bed to sit beside me. “Hey, with Shuu gone, you know what that means...”

I backed away immediately to the other side of the room. This is Satoshi. And he worded everything wrong and gave me the wrong image. If only I could get that innuendo and connotations out of my head. “What the hell are you on about?”

“Tell me if you like Hikari or not!”

“No!” I left, slamming the door.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

I was sitting by myself in the cafeteria, eating my breakfast in silence. Ignoring the annoying people that kept shouting, “YOU LIKE HIKARI!” at me and all these people in the cafeteria reading the school newsletter, I noticed someone sitting by themselves.

Absent-mindedly, I went from focusing on my breakfast to watching them. I managed to eventually remember the person’s name as being Kimi Kurozaki, the one student who manages to stay ahead of me in class.

“Who’s Shinji looking at?!” a voice interrupted my thoughts. I jumped up when I sensed that someone was right behind me. Turning around, I was disgusted at who was right in my face. Harley. Ugh.

“Harley, if you dare mention anything about Hikari, I’ll-”

“You’re checking out Kurozaki-chan!” Harley said in a whimsical tone. I glared at him. How could anyone think I’d do something like that? “Well, go on! Chat to her!” Harley yanked me up from my seat and pulled me along to the table Kimi was sitting at. I got shoved into a seat right beside him. “Well, enjoy your chat!”

Harley pranced off, satisfied with what he’s done. Other students were giggling at us and others were signalling for me to start talking to her. I stood up and slammed my fist on the table. “I DON’T LIKE HIKARI AND I’M NOT TO GOING TO CHAT UP SOMEONE I’VE NEVER TALKED TO IN MY LIFE!”

“If ya don’t like Hikari, why would you make so much of an effort to deny it instead of laughing it off?!” a student yelled back, others agreeing with him.

“It’s Shinji, he never laughs at anything!” another added.

I clenched my fists, anger building up inside me. Slumping down in my chair, I felt stung. No matter what I said, they wouldn’t listen. That’s it. I’m going to make one last attempt, if it doesn’t work, I’m out of here. “I don’t like anybody! I actually like being the school outcast who isn’t interested in interacting with anyone! In fact, if it weren’t for that day Shigeru threatened to blackmail me, I wouldn’t be here and you guys wouldn’t be making false accusations!”

“Give it up Shinji! We all know you like Hikari!”

“IT ISN’T TRUE!” I yelled, banging my fist on the table once more. The students laughed and shrugged my opinion on the matter off. Everyone finished off their breakfast as I hung my head low in frustration. Eventually the cafeteria was empty, leaving just me and Kimi.

“Are you denying it... because you know that deep down, it’s the truth?” Kimi asked calmly, breaking the silence between us. I sat up immediately, glaring at her. “See? Whenever anyone mentions it, you react in a way different to how you normally would.”

I turned away from her, crossing my arms. “Is everyone going to question me about how I feel about Hikari? Because I don’t think of her in the romantic sense. Not at all.”

“Are you starting to think of her as more a friend then?” My eyes widened as I heard this question.

I placed my elbow on the table and glanced at her over my shoulder. “Do you think that you know exactly what I’m thinking?!” She didn’t respond. “So I finally see someone as a potential friend. So what? What’s it to you? We wouldn’t be speaking if it weren’t for that gossip column and that damned Harley! If it weren’t for that damned Shigeru, none of this crap would’ve happened and I could just get back to living the life the way I wanted!”

Kimi still wouldn’t respond. She stood up and began to walk away. As she reached the door, she swirled round to stare at me. “...I’d like to be able to just be ignored. I wouldn’t want to be the talk of the school either. Normally if someone was taking out their anger on me, I’d back away and not say what I think. But somehow, with you, it’s okay. I can put up with you.”

I shot up onto my feet also. “What the hell is that supposed to mean? It’s not like you’re the only person to willingly listen to me yell at-” I cut myself off. It’s true. Not many people really care about what I have to say. They always try to shrug it off or avoid dealing with it.

Is that why Reiji said he was going to go to a separate school from me for a year? I used to go to him to complain about stuff when I wanted to avoid some angry outburst. Maybe he couldn’t take it any longer.

“Shinji-san, I heard that Aoi-san and Kasumi-san were going to have a fight. I think you should go see it.”

I folded my arms again. “Why do I care if some stupid girls are fighting over a guy who’s too oblivious to care?”

“If you do, I’ll tell you about how to handle Shigeru-san. And...” She opened the cafeteria door and took a step out. Holding the door open, she told me, “...Now I have some idea of how the world is like from your eyes. You make me wonder.”

As she departed from the cafeteria, I sat back down on my seat. Staring up at the ceiling, I began to think. This Kimi Kurozaki is certainly interesting. If she has any slight idea about me, then already what she’s been through must’ve been unusual to most.

This girl - who people say is my rival in who gets to be the top student – seems to somewhat intriguing.

I still didn’t like the fact she knew the truth.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

I started my lunchtime with a pessimistic and excruciatingly irritating outlook on life as I spent most of the day trying to get it into everybody’s heads that I don’t like Hikari the way they think I do.

Kasumi and Aoi were standing in the middle of the basketball courts glaring at each other. A lot of students were beginning to circle them, all keen to see a catfight. I saw Kimi standing apart from that crowd, waiting for me.

Just as I approached her, Moe stepped in between Kasumi and Aoi. “Why did you call out this fight and not include me? You two aren’t the only people to like Satoshi!”

“I don’t like Satoshi!” Aoi snapped, going bright red. I can’t believe Kimi is suggesting that I witness a stupid argument like this.

“Then why are you going all bright red? Then why did you suggest we argue over this here and now?” Kasumi questioned with a smirk.

“It’s not like that! And anyway, you don’t like Satoshi either, do you?” Aoi shot back. Kasumi’s eyes widened and she grinned evilly.

“What makes you say that? Satoshi is like... the shotgun to my wedding!” Kasumi replied, with a determined stance.

“Satoshi’s the physical to my education!” Oh lord, they’re coming up with the lamest things to say as an attempt to prove that Satoshi is their one and only. Love-obsessed fangirls sicken me.

“Ah! But Satoshi is the chemical to our romance!”

Moe waved her arms about, trying to get herself involved. “Satoshi is the Watashi to my Makenai?” Kasumi and Aoi blatantly chose to ignore Moe. I don’t even know why Moe wants to get involved anyway.

Satoshi approached the crowd and everyone made a gap so he could walk to the middle. “What’s going on? I heard my name!”

Moe immediately glomped him with a huge grin. “These girls are trying to claim you as theirs!”

Satoshi raised an eyebrow. “Huh? But I don’t belong to anybody...”

The crowd circled round once more, this time, focusing on Satoshi. “Choose a girl, choose a girl, choose a girl!” they chanted in unison. This troublesome situation seemed to be making a turn for the worse.

But in a sense, I couldn’t help but admit to myself that I think Kimi was making a point here. When those people are telling me that I have a thing for Hikari, like Aoi, I’d deny it. Then because of my reaction, everything would continue, I’d get more frustrated and so, why am I still surprised when people still keep annoying me?

Now I realise. If I didn’t react so much, if I weren’t taking everything so seriously, then things would get less troublesome for me. It was only because of the anger building inside me that I hated Shigeru so much. If it weren’t for him, I could have continued being the school outcast, the guy nobody talks to.

In that fight over there, everyone is going about the situation the wrong way. Kasumi and Aoi just look like idiots, trying to bring the other down. If I didn’t realise that me plotting against Shigeru was just as bad, then I could’ve continued looking the fool next to him.

I could still hate Shigeru, but I could learn to deal with it. Too bad I was born an intolerant person who wouldn’t take crap and let the other have the last laugh. I just felt so stupid for not realising that I was as bad as those love-crazed girls.

But now I know that I don’t have to be like Moe and try to get myself involved and try to come out on top. I could just come out on top by not making such a big deal out of things, making the other person look stupid and in the wrong.

Of course, I usually get portrayed as the bad guy. But I didn’t care about that. If they don’t know or want to listen to my side of things, it’s their problem. I’ll let the one who is at the centre of the problem sort it out. And if it’s me at the centre of the problem, so be it.

So here, normally I’d just step right in and tell everyone that they’re behaving like idiots, but I won’t no longer. Otherwise the problem would shift to me. So how will Satoshi sort the problem? If I were him, I wouldn’t choose anybody.

“I can’t just choose a girl like that, ya know...” Satoshi mumbled weakly, but the voices in the crowd were overpowering him. Looking over at Kasumi, she seemed to have calmed down a bit from the whole ‘Satoshi is mine!1!!’ fad and was more showing concern for him.

Kasumi pulled Moe away and pushed her into the crowd. She then proceeded to stand beside Satoshi, tall and confident in herself. “Look at all of you! You’re just a bunch of idiots!” The noise died down, wanting to hear what she had to say. “You don’t sort out problems like this by just going, ‘Ooh, I’ll choose so-and-so!’ Do you think any sane person could do that? And just for the record, I know he wouldn’t choose Moe. Honestly, her name makes me think of an otaku! Satoshi wouldn’t date an otaku! As for Aoi, Aoi looks like a boy! Go find yourself a girlfriend! Plenty to choose from in your dormitory!”

And the catfight raged on.

I turned to Kimi and asked, “So this is what you wanted me to see? So I’d learn my lesson?”

Kimi looked at me, her black ponytail swinging to the side, her green eyes shining at me. “You can think of it like that if you want to. I just wanted someone to come see someone else make fools of themselves. Even if two of those people are ones I’ve shared dormitory rooms with before.”

I frowned, feeling sure that she wasn’t being truthful. “Dishonesty pisses me off, okay?”

“But I’m not lying. I’m stating the truth, just not the truth you want to hear,” she replied coolly. As she was about to walk off, another thought struck her mind. “Shinji-san, you do know that Hikari-san will be available, yes? If you are interested.”

“I’m telling you, I’m not interested! Plus there’s all those guys hanging around her likes flies. Like Kengo, Gen and...”

“I’ve been told by my parents that there has been some arrangement with Kengo-san, and Gen-san leaves this school at the end of the year. But I suppose if you’re not interested, then I guess it doesn’t matter.” Without another word, she broke off from the crowd and made her way in the direction of the library.

Kimi Kurozaki, I’ve been told is one of the shyest and most anti-social people in the school. From that, I always assumed she was bad at communicating with others. But from the way she was able to talk calmly with me, I wondered if in a sense, she seemed normal about it is because she relates to me in a way.

It was weird, but I got the sort of vibe that she wasn’t really shy, but she really didn’t want to stand out at all or have anything to do with gossip, rumours or anything of the sort.

And what she said about Kengo and Gen. It’s true that Gen is leaving. Hikari will have read the school newsletter and will be trying to find out what’s going on with that.

What about Kengo? She mentioned that there’s been an arrangement regarding him. I wonder, what is this arrangement?

Somehow, I almost liked the idea of Hikari being freed up once and for all. I couldn’t explain it, but in a way, I’d started looking out for her more often. It was like I found someone I did care about, even if slightly.

But that isn’t the main thing.

There are a lot of weird happenings going around this school. I’m going to get to the bottom of all this and find out exactly what has been going on.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Okay, dang that was some long stuff! XD Once I’ve done this author notes, this post will have taken up 17 pages or so! XD But then again, review replies take up space. Well, before I continue:

Aoi – She hasn’t appeared in any dub eps thus far. She has however, appeared in the Summer School arc that aired in Japan. She has short blue hair and looks extremely tomboy-ish. She’s kinda like a female Satoshi, I guess. Her hair colour is blue, so I like her hair colour.

Kimi – She is an OC. She sprung up in my mind when I decided that I wanted a change of pace in terms of character types. A lot of the characters are pretty out-there in terms of being extroverted, outgoing, bubbly, generally noticeable characters. Kimi was created to be anything but a happy, bubbly personality, I guess.

Plus hardly any of the girls in my fic are quiet types like her. Kimi will play quite a significant role in the story but definitely not big enough to surpass the very main characters. XD

I haven’t planned anything for her in terms of shipping, so I’ll leave that up to readers, I suppose. =P Eh, I don’t want to give more info on her, but I hope I made her somewhat mysterious and have you guys more curious about her and what the deal with her is.

Anyway, way, way! What did you guys think of the gossip column? I was mostly after the crack factor, so I deliberately made it as blatantly terrible as possible! XDDD And LOL, Kengo wants to get Hikari’s mom kicked off the teaching staff! Isn’t it crack though, to come up with the idea that the perfect way to solve things is make a teacher lose their job?

Well, next chapter:

- Satoshi figures out a way to decide on which girl he’ll choose! John Tucker Must Die, anyone?
- Shuu decides to go to extreme lengths to get what he wants! Even if it spells trouble for Saori!
- Making Ayako-sensei want to leave her job is harder than Kengo expected...
- What is this arrangement that Kimi mentioned?
- Will Shinji work out anything?
- Hikari learns about the scholarship!

So, with that to get your minds wondering, I’ll leave ya now to review! Adios!

Last edited:
Ay-ya-ya, poor Satoshi and Gen! (Satoshi for being put into a mega-difficult situation & Gen for having to break the news to Hikari... ouch...).

What else can I say, except the standard "Awesome! Great! LOVED IT!" for every chapter? ;) They're all that good!

Well, I definitely have fun reading the gossip column XD

Ah yes by popular demand of her roommates, Haruka has been kicked out of her dormitory and is now forced to stay in the same dormitory as her lesbian lover Kanata. Sounds lovely. I hope their two other roommates Nanako and Aoi enjoy watching their romping. Ew, that’s just wrong.
LOL! By popular demand?

Hikari

GEN ABOUT IT, HIKARI >D

Hikari
Why did Hikari's name appear twice?

Oh yeah, I’m hosting a competition to see who can think of the most creative way to kick Daigo off as school principal!
This sounds fun!

Marriage arrangement? :D

You should put in more gossip column XD

Gazmof

Zephyr Trainer
Wow, what a surprising chapter - most of all because of Shinji's realisation of his feelings for Hikari (though it's cute how he stills pretends to not be interested in her :D). I think I mentioned this in a previous review, but I normally can't stand Ikarishipping and yet for some reason I want it to happen in this fic... Mucho kudos to you for that, Mel!

Kimi seems to be a really quirky character - she's almost robot-like in her interactions. I've got to admit I don't really like her right now (probably because I don't know enough about her plus SHE PUT HARUKA IN ANOTHER DORM ;.; ) but I'm curious to see what role she'll play in the upcoming story (which I have a feeling will be a pretty major role to say the least).

Only complaint I have about this chapter is that there's not enough Haruka! I really want to know what's gonna happen to her now she's sharing with Kanata...

Oh, and that gossip column, haha, wow. I really hope that the teachers don't review that newspaper before publishing starts ^^;;;;

Great job, Mel! Keep up the great work! This is still the top Multishipping fic out there!

Mel-Girl

left. right.
Review Replies

Ay-ya-ya, poor Satoshi and Gen! (Satoshi for being put into a mega-difficult situation & Gen for having to break the news to Hikari... ouch...).

What else can I say, except the standard "Awesome! Great! LOVED IT!" for every chapter? They're all that good!

WolfGirl23 - Awww thanks! XD LOL if you ask me, everyone's gonna be put in tough situations. Like Haruka with her dormitory... And Saori's gonna be in trouble next chapter! XD Dang, ah yes, I feel bad for Hikari and Gen now... Once again, thanks for reviewing! =D

Well, I definitely have fun reading the gossip column XD

Quote:

LOL! By popular demand?

Quote:
Hikari

GEN ABOUT IT, HIKARI >D

Hikari

Why did Hikari's name appear twice?

Quote:

This sounds fun!

Quote:

Marriage arrangement?

You should put in more gossip column XD

kawaii-lurve - Glad ya liked the gossip column! =D Yes, there will definitely be more gossip columnness in future! =D I had so much fun writing it. XD And LOL Hikari's name was put twice on purpose because Shigeru and Seiyo don't want Hikari to be voted for at all. XDD Anyway, thanks for reviewing! =D

Wow, what a surprising chapter - most of all because of Shinji's realisation of his feelings for Hikari (though it's cute how he stills pretends to not be interested in her :D). I think I mentioned this in a previous review, but I normally can't stand Ikarishipping and yet for some reason I want it to happen in this fic... Mucho kudos to you for that, Mel!

Kimi seems to be a really quirky character - she's almost robot-like in her interactions. I've got to admit I don't really like her right now (probably because I don't know enough about her plus SHE PUT HARUKA IN ANOTHER DORM ;.; ) but I'm curious to see what role she'll play in the upcoming story (which I have a feeling will be a pretty major role to say the least).

Only complaint I have about this chapter is that there's not enough Haruka! I really want to know what's gonna happen to her now she's sharing with Kanata...

Oh, and that gossip column, haha, wow. I really hope that the teachers don't review that newspaper before publishing starts ^^;;;;

Great job, Mel! Keep up the great work! This is still the top Multishipping fic out there!

Gazmof - Damn it, I've set myself up with ships I all want to happen. Crazily enough, Penguin/Ikari/IronWill are my top 3 Hikari ships... Even though I own the Cavalier thread... I suck... ;;^^ Yes, Shinji is in constant denial, isn't he? But I like him that way. XD Someone commented on my Kimi! :O LOL, there's still more to find out about her, of course. XD LOL, there's definitely more Haruka next chapter, don't worry! Ah yes, the teachers don't tend to read the school newsletters cuz the newsletter is for the students, not the teachers. Only teachers like Akane-sensei would read the student newsletter! XD Top Multishipping fic out there?! OMG THANK YOU! 8dies in happiness*

And that's the current review replies sorted. =P REVIEW PLZ *shot*