• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

ExciteBike World Rally - WiiWare Title Coming Nov. 9

Chris

Old Coot
Looks like Nintendo decided to bring another one of its franchises back to its roots with a refreshed look.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3176645

Nintendo used its dedicated Wii channel to its potential today, unveiling a new sequel to a classic and beloved franchise. The announcement trailer (above) is for Excitebike: World Rally; surprisingly, the game is already set for release on November 9. A short video shows off its 2.5D look, and the announcers also stated it will include a track editor and optional motion controls. The announcement also came with a nice treat for Excitebike fans, in that the game will include online multiplayer support, most likely in a similar fashion to Mario Kart Wii.

More details are said to be forthcoming, but given that it's going to release in a few weeks, we don't have long to wait to find out more for ourselves. Check out the trailer above and let us know what you think of the new look.

So far, it looks great. Captures the original NES title's looks and sounds, while adding a few twists. Online multiplayer is also a nice treat.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
i hate to be a killjoy but isn't this stuff more fit for the wiiware/virtual console thread:p

oh well, **** that.
it looks very nice if you ask me, is the price already known or is that yet to be determined?

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
i hate to be a killjoy but isn't this stuff more fit for the wiiware/virtual console thread:p

oh well, **** that.
it looks very nice if you ask me, is the price already known or is that yet to be determined?
Excitebike always deserves a thread no matter what form its in.

RedStarWarrior

Forum Tsar
Technically, it belongs in the Wiiware/VC thread, but if people are willing to have a discussion about it and not simply a back-and-forth (love the Oblivion reference, btw), then I'll keep this open.

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
This game looks pretty cool. Keep the basic concept, but add a bit of a 3D twist. And not to mention the level builder. This is going to be awesome!

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Should be awesome. If I spend even a quarter of the time I spent with the clunky old original making tracks and playing them with friends, this will be well worth the download.

Cobalt_Latios