• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Exclusive Pokémon Giveaway in NYC? Nope. CONFIRMED FAKE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to try to get up there. :D

Glitch Mew

I hate living in the UK, I want that 'specially colored' cresselia with wish

Hitsugaya

Lone Wolf
Um, its confirmed to be fake. Some of us called the store, and NOBODY knows about it...

Leebui

Questionable...
Interesting...

You know though, it could be a method used to keep the event exclusive. Nintendo knows we like to spread info like wildfire on the Internet, and the telephone as well. By making it so it sounds fake, they are deterring possible entrants to limit the visitors, thus keeping the event exclusive to the 50 people it was originally focused on delivering the event to, which would only likely know of the event if they are a regular visitor.

It's all speculation, but the event isn't very far-fetched, thus is believable enough. We'll see sooner or later anyway. As of now, we know nothing basically.

Tony~Jirachi

best pokemon ever
If it is real, this isnt fair. They finally added a feature to the game so anyone can get an event pokemon (wifi wondercard) and they arent using it, first manaphy (well its pretty much nation wide at any toysrus) now these. Free shinies too. Why didnt they make more PC stores? one in miami might take an hour from where i am but it would be worth it for an event pokemon. Sigh, i guess its another 4 to add to my wants list.

~*DarkAbsol*~

run, i'll attack~~*
its fake, I called and the woman said that nintendo world is furious and that alot of people have been calling about it, bascially some one pulled a sick joke >_> and i was looking forward to it. However they said there might be an event in September, and that if there are any events it would be on their website.

Leebui

Questionable...
If it is real, this isnt fair. They finally added a feature to the game so anyone can get an event pokemon (wifi wondercard) and they arent using it, first manaphy (well its pretty much nation wide at any toysrus) now these. Free shinies too. Why didnt they make more PC stores? one in miami might take an hour from where i am but it would be worth it for an event pokemon. Sigh, i guess its another 4 to add to my wants list.

Well, the general consensus of this is that it's fake. And for why there are no Pokemon Centers, it's because Pokemon isn't mainstream anymore. By making it Nintendo World, they're appealing to all Nintendo audiences. Basically, Pokemon lost enough popularity that Nintendo decided a Pokemon-only store wouldn't be a smart thing to keep up if they want enough cash to keep the store running while making sizable profits.

And to think that these special Pokemon were such decent things to possibly add to the metagame. Ah, the dreams, only kept as such because they don't come true.

However, the September event would probably Manaphy. Toys 'R' Us is doing it, so why shouldn't Nintendo World?

And Captain Chris, judging from past Pokemon Center events back in GSC, they AREN'T generous, especially on such exclusive events. Of course, it's subjective really. That detail could go either way, which means that's not how one would usually go about defining what is fake or not. Of course, if it was a Wondercard event, like those in Japan, it's definitely limited to one-per-person.

Of course, seeing as these are fake, that doesn't really matter now, hmm?

Trainer Andrew

Someone from Smogon:

I just called the store, and the manager wasn't aware of any specific Pokémon giveaway but told me that Nintendo itself isn't involved in the organization or administration of events. (This is what I expected, Nintendo doesn't run its own events but rather outsources them to PR companies). Essentially, the store is only playing host to the event. The giveaway would be approved by Pokémon USA (another separate company whose approval is needed for anything using the Pokémon brand for promotional purposes) and administered by the event organizers. He didn't have a phone number for the PR company, unfortunately, just generic information about the Carnival events on Saturday. :(

Zombieforce

Written in blood
First the Toys R Us Manaphy event, and now this? Heck, looks like I'll be trading a TON in the next week.

EDIT: Crap, it's fake. :(

Last edited:

Raito

HADOUKEN!
I really wish this was true. The meta would be so revolutionized, but at least Blaziken isn't 100% effed over.

pokekid1

The First Pokékid
Too bad it is fake, although I don't live in NYC but in California so going across the country for a possible shiny pokemon is out of the question. They should be using the Mystery Gift anyways for Pokemon they are handing out insteading of a stupid Toys R Us Store to host the event. Whoever made that poster made a clever hoax but the only thing I didn't believe was that it was not in color and there was only one.

Leebui

Questionable...
Too bad it is fake, although I don't live in NYC but in California so going across the country for a possible shiny pokemon is out of the question. They should be using the Mystery Gift anyways for Pokemon they are handing out insteading of a stupid Toys R Us Store to host the event. Whoever made that poster made a clever hoax but the only thing I didn't believe was that it was not in color and there was only one.

Will this thread now be about people reminiscing about what possibly could of been a metagame change? I think so.

Color thing bugged me somewhat, but again, that's not a detail that means fake or real. They could of just got lazy, cheap, etc. Seeing as it's for 50 people, there's not a lot of need to make it colorful, especially since we like to recycle/burn/throw out the flyers afterward anyway.

And yeah, having only one is terrible. I mean, when we take flyers, we obviously take MORE THAN one. That's just common courtesy there, right?

kingofthedead

<-- newest shiny
? whats metagame. wow i cant belive that its fake ohh well theres the manaphy event in trus

My hopes were destroyed. -_-

Wish Cresslia would have been great, and even better if it was Bold.

legendary pkm master

Water Pokemon Master
i dont know about baton passing starters because i like to use them but having them shiny is a treat. i wish i can attend but maybe i will get it from someone via wifi

~*DarkAbsol*~

run, i'll attack~~*
hello! its a fake event! call the store and they will tell you!

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

im gonna go and hope that a get a cressiala

if you go there all you'll get is dissapointed. It's faker than wrestling...

Status
Not open for further replies.