• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Exercise and Fitness Thread

MasterLucario

No life till leather
I'm on my schools cross country and track teams, so I get my running in each day. We also hit the weight room, so I'm also sorta jacked.
:)

Doux

I'm on my schools cross country and track teams, so I get my running in each day. We also hit the weight room, so I'm also sorta jacked.
:)

Do your calves get really tight by the time you're done? Maybe I just don't run enough and it'll stop hurting once I start doing it daily and am used to it. :p

I mainly focus on cardio work nowadays. I have neither the patience nor commitment to change my diet in a way which will see me put on muscle weight/bulk (plus lifting weights is ****ING BORING AS ****). I'm also of the thought that any weight I put on in my 20's when I'm fit and healthy will have to be maintained in my 40's when I'm beginning to decline.

Most of work then is done in the pool or on the treadmill / football pitch.

Celestial Moth

Guardian of the Tree of Time
See, now that's what I've been trying for some time now. It's pretty neat, I like how afterwards I never feel completely spent like I do when I, say, run. :p I've gotten much more flexible, and that's great, but now I have a different problem.

I have no endurance. My cardiovascular system has got to be garbage because I never stick to running. Yoga is easier to stick to because most of it just feels godly...some of those stretches will relax muscles you didn't even realize were tense before! It's incredible. D: Running on the other hand...I get exhausted quickly, and afterwards I don't feel all limp and noodly, I feel tense and suffocated.

I have a problem with the backs of my calves tightening when I'm running uphill sometimes, not sure why that happens because a few of my friends run track and field and they never have that problem.

One of them recommended a foam roller, and I don't own one but I use my can of hairspray and that seems to help...pretty much anything cylindrical rubbing on your muscles seems to be good. xD

Do any of you that run/walk for extended periods of time have any 'secrets' to keep from tightening up so badly? Or do you consider that part of the 'experience'?

Yeah yoga's pretty good bro, obviously if you can balance it with other physical activities you can become quite healthy, cause most of the stretches involved with often help regulate and improve circulation and blood flow. Not to mention it'll allow the energy centers in your body to be exercised by means in which otherwise wouldn't. Which in turn allows more body muscle to be increase and fat decreased.

Yoga is easier to stick to because most of it just feels godly...

I love you. lol

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I lift weights every other day, but I don't really have a strict diet. I eat well enough, but I have a high metabolism, so I could basically eat anything and work it off.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
I actually did cardio on my stair master for about 20 minutes. Then did a series of ab work outs (which I should've done more)

First Powerlifting meet coming up on the 12th of January. My squat suit doesn't fit they way I want it to, so I gotta find me a new one before then.

trident20

ground types
i never really liked swimimng. i do crossfit. i should look up my times if any other crossfitter wants to know

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
You think exercise is not possible in college?

For me, going to my university is no cakewalk. One, I had to walk my way from home t the main road where I can ride a jeepney going to my school. but there's more. No jeepneys ever stop at my school. They can only bring me to the overpass ridge closest to my university. So I have to climb an old yet long overpass and go down the other side on the road. Then I must walk my way two street blocks and cross the pedestrian crossing to the new other side of the road again. Walk a bit of distance and enter my universitty building. Then climb SEVEN OR NEIGHT floors by stairs then sit down exhausted at my classroom.

Very fitting exrcise done EVERY SEVEN in the morning every class day.

Doux

Yeah yoga's pretty good bro, obviously if you can balance it with other physical activities you can become quite healthy, cause most of the stretches involved with often help regulate and improve circulation and blood flow. Not to mention it'll allow the energy centers in your body to be exercised by means in which otherwise wouldn't. Which in turn allows more body muscle to be increase and fat decreased.
I've had a lot more energy since I started doing it too.
Not only that, but I've gotten more toned and that's been great. :)

I need to do something about my arms though. I have no upper arm strength or tone! Yoga needs some dynamic poses for that. D:

The clothing you wear for it make great lounge clothes! :p Yoga pants are so great. I don't know what they're made of but oh, it's so comfortable.

I love you. lol
Uh...thank you! xD

Mical

Banned
I like this thread because it is about fitness and exercise. Exercise is the only best solution of over weight and good for fitness. If a person wants to get fitness then he should do exercise daily. I love to do exercise because it is my favorite thing to do exercise. Running,walking,jogging all are best exercises for fitness.

dinosaurus

Cool Story, Broselia
You guys ever try Insanity?

Dat sh-t cray.

I never even finished it lol. I made it like.. 2.5 weeks maybe? I wanted to continue I just didn't have the time and then I kept missing days.. yeesh.

I want to enroll in hot yoga and/or zumba classes. Love them both.

Ludwig

I like this thread because it is about fitness and exercise. Exercise is the only best solution of over weight and good for fitness. If a person wants to get fitness then he should do exercise daily. I love to do exercise because it is my favorite thing to do exercise. Running,walking,jogging all are best exercises for fitness.

Running, walking and jogging are terrible solutions to obesity.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
One of my new years resolutions is to train more.

Doux

You guys ever try Insanity?

Dat sh-t cray.

I never even finished it lol. I made it like.. 2.5 weeks maybe? I wanted to continue I just didn't have the time and then I kept missing days.. yeesh.

I want to enroll in hot yoga and/or zumba classes. Love them both.

We had to do those in my Aerobics class.

Insanity was awful...I was so bad at keeping up. My stomach muscles ached for weeks afterward. I'd lay in bed at night and poke them and they'd like..pulse. That hurt. xD
But Zumba was a lot of fun! I loved the samba and the mambo, those were great. :D

We also had a Wii and we played Just Dance. That was really fun. I have the dance to Rockefeller Skank etched into my memory forever now, I did it so many times.

Aquanova

My sister does Insanity. It looks terrible, I probably could last about 5 minutes. One of my new years goals is more exercise. I mostly just walk though its a bit cold now. Id like to get back to using the Eliptical and I swim in the summer. Exercise is healthy and I feel lazy when I dont do some sort of exercise but I have little motivation.

dinosaurus

Cool Story, Broselia
We had to do those in my Aerobics class.

Insanity was awful...I was so bad at keeping up. My stomach muscles ached for weeks afterward. I'd lay in bed at night and poke them and they'd like..pulse. That hurt. xD
But Zumba was a lot of fun! I loved the samba and the mambo, those were great. :D

We also had a Wii and we played Just Dance. That was really fun. I have the dance to Rockefeller Skank etched into my memory forever now, I did it so many times.
Haha wow that's crazy!
Lmao :p I really enjoyed doing it.. when I wasn't tired.. 'cause I felt like I was really doing well. Mostly. Sometimes I would lay on the floor and he'd be like "READY?" and I would yell at him that I wasn't. Well it was more of a groan because I didn't have the energy to yell lol.
But I felt like I was pushing myself which is good.

I love Zumba so much! I've only tried it once unfortunately - it was a free trial class - and it was sooo much fun and I sweat so much. I wanted to get it for Kinect on the 360 lol. SO FUN!

Lol! Is that on there? I have it for Wii but barely play, but I played at my friends the other day and it was a lot of fun. AND I WAS SWEATING LIKE A MOFO! Dance Central is also a really good workout, but I learned my lesson about stretching after I could barely walk 'cause of my calf muscles for a few days after.. lol. Not fun.

My sister does Insanity. It looks terrible, I probably could last about 5 minutes. One of my new years goals is more exercise. I mostly just walk though its a bit cold now. Id like to get back to using the Eliptical and I swim in the summer. Exercise is healthy and I feel lazy when I dont do some sort of exercise but I have little motivation.
Lol. You really gotta push yourself. It's really hard but if you wanna see quick results (which I obvs. didn't 'cause I didn't stick with it long enough lol) and you wanna really whip yourself into .. sort of shape I guess, then it's a great program.
Have you used your elliptical a lot? I got one not this past but last Christmas I believe and I unfortunately haven't used it as much as I would have liked to. I'ev done research but I feel like I'm not going to lose any weight with it even though it says you will. I want to start running when it gets warmer.