• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Exercise and Fitness Thread

DarkGengar

Ghost Reaper
I had a good workout today. I did squats, worked out my calves, abs, and shoulders. My legs are definitely going to be sore tomorrow though.

Doux

Haha wow that's crazy!
Lmao :p I really enjoyed doing it.. when I wasn't tired.. 'cause I felt like I was really doing well. Mostly. Sometimes I would lay on the floor and he'd be like "READY?" and I would yell at him that I wasn't. Well it was more of a groan because I didn't have the energy to yell lol.
But I felt like I was pushing myself which is good.
I did the same thing! I laid there after about ten minutes of the really hard stuff and I just grunted at him to stop being so up-beat when I was so exhausted. xD

I love Zumba so much! I've only tried it once unfortunately - it was a free trial class - and it was sooo much fun and I sweat so much. I wanted to get it for Kinect on the 360 lol. SO FUN!
I do too! We did it a lot...the belly dancing was fun, but I felt ridiculous doing that. :p

Lol! Is that on there? I have it for Wii but barely play, but I played at my friends the other day and it was a lot of fun. AND I WAS SWEATING LIKE A MOFO! Dance Central is also a really good workout, but I learned my lesson about stretching after I could barely walk 'cause of my calf muscles for a few days after.. lol. Not fun.
You bet it is!
Glad to know I'm not the only person who gets tight calves. :p Maybe that's my problem too...I try to stretch but sometimes it isn't enough. D:

I had a good workout today. I did squats, worked out my calves, abs, and shoulders. My legs are definitely going to be sore tomorrow though.
Oh god, squats.
I try to do those but...my butt. It hurts so bad! D:
They're supposed to be like...the ultimate toning thing for your "bootay" but sometimes afterwards, when you're trying to get situated comfortably in a chair, you gotta wonder if it's worth it.

Last edited:

Ludwig

Oh god, squats.
I try to do those but...my butt. It hurts so bad! D:
They're supposed to be like...the ultimate toning thing for your "bootay" but sometimes afterwards, when you're trying to get situated comfortably in a chair, you gotta wonder if it's worth it.

It's worth it. You get to feel a wonderful DOMS in your butt afterwards.

Rapidash01

Pokemon 4ever
Well i go to the gym at least once a week, i also like running man do i like to run.

stylesbk

@stylesbk
I've always been in decent shape but I rarely work out because i'm not too concerned with getting ripped and lifting weights all the time but it does feel good for me to get in the gym a few times a month to get some cardio work in.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
From college experience, I know a couple basic ballroom dances that WILL MAKE YOU FIT!

a. Karamba
b. Cha-cha-cha (most favorite and recommended)
c. Jive (most hardcore and difficult)
d. Samba

Doux

It's Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness, the aching that you feel some hours after training.

Ohh...well that's certainly not something I think is wonderful! It's terrible not being able to sit or lay on your back/side comfortably. xD

General Nonsense

Star Glider
So then, I have had several people tell me that I should take up yoga. Apparently it's a good way to relieve stress and anxiety. Can someone confirm this?

Doux

So then, I have had several people tell me that I should take up yoga. Apparently it's a good way to relieve stress and anxiety. Can someone confirm this?

Oh, absolutely. I've been doing 30 to 45 minutes of yoga daily for the past several months. I've felt really relaxed ever since I made it a routine.
It helps you sleep better too if you do it before bedtime! :)

General Nonsense

Star Glider
Oh, absolutely. I've been doing 30 to 45 minutes of yoga daily for the past several months. I've felt really relaxed ever since I made it a routine.
It helps you sleep better too if you do it before bedtime! :)

That sounds like it would do me a lot of good. I've been having trouble sleeping for months now. I'll give it a try.

Doux

That sounds like it would do me a lot of good. I've been having trouble sleeping for months now. I'll give it a try.

I don't recommend going to an actual yoga class, at least to start with. When you start yoga, you really do feel kind of strange...a lot of the people who are really, really into it and have been doing it for ages seem to enjoy singling out new folks, and that doesn't sound like anything you need since you're looking to reduce stress.

Yoga DVDs are easy to come by. If you've got a library near you, I guarantee you'll be able to order one in, or if you want to own one, this sounds like a great one for you. :)

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Pff.. I'll start working out again tomorrow!

Argon Wartortle

Farewell, SPPF...
I enjoy skiing and table tennis in terms of sport, but the less said about my rugby skills the better. XD I am good at the aforementioned sports and cricket, and I HATE cross-country running.

Doux

I enjoy skiing and table tennis in terms of sport, but the less said about my rugby skills the better. XD I am good at the aforementioned sports and cricket, and I HATE cross-country running.

Ooh, table-tennis is tons of fun! I never thought it'd really be a workout, but when you get into it, it's great. :D

Thriller

Its almost time
Thinking about going back to the gym in this new year. 2 days a week at the very least. The big problem is my work schedule and the ferry schedule - sometimes I got a double shift and etc.

Last year I was doing the Stronglifts program and made it to like around a 175 Lb Squat until I had to stop because of work getting too busy. This year, I'm doing all the SL exercises (minus Barbell Rows, hated those) but adding in a few more exercises. Dumbbell Waiter Walks, for example. It'll help with my job, carrying heavy platters. Since I actually have really thick legs, and turning out to be good at Squatting, I've been doing squat variants like Jumping Squats (FUN!) and Zercher Squats to focus on my tummy, now that could really use work. I'll go from the bottom up.

What should I do to help build up my back muscles? Any Deadlift variations? I'm excellent at those too.