• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Exotic Foods

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
I've had cow tongue before. That is probably the closest thing I've had to exotic food. It felt rather strange though. The meat tasted alright, but seeing the taste buds really turned me off. My thought was "Oh no, its tasting me!"

Moneyy

INACTIVE
I would want to taste exotic meat, but the most exotic I have got is eating duck once.

There are a plethora of exotic Philippine and Korean foods that I never wanna try, albeit some being delicious to me. During summer vacation in the Philippines I had to try balut, and I was already frightened since I knew how it looked like at first, plus I barely even finished the whole thing, lol. It's basically a fertilized duck embryo inside an egg and the sad thing is it's boiled alive, and when my parents told me about this when I was younger, I never wanted to try one, especially when I searched it up on google. I never wanted to try Sannakji either. o_O

Nephos

Lelouch Lamperouge
Not sure what it was but its a soup made with lamb meat and diff veggies and spices from Croatia. I tried it because the Croatians that live in my dorm block are nice guys and sometimes they bring food up there that their mom has cooked and share it with us. I accept it to not be rude but for the most part what they bring is rather tasty. Except when that bought like fried octopus bleh that was horrible

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
There are a plethora of exotic Philippine and Korean foods that I never wanna try, albeit some being delicious to me. During summer vacation in the Philippines I had to try balut, and I was already frightened since I knew how it looked like at first, plus I barely even finished the whole thing, lol. It's basically a fertilized duck embryo inside an egg and the sad thing is it's boiled alive, and when my parents told me about this when I was younger, I never wanted to try one, especially when I searched it up on google.

My boyfriend is filipino and he told me about it. He said he never wants to try it, but I want to. D:

Nephos

Lelouch Lamperouge
Ive ate it actually its not that bad if you don't think about what you are eating. BTW ShadowSplash I really like the banner in your sig

Ivanka

Freeeeeeeeee
I tried Plantain chips yesterday. Unfortunately they weren't very nice to my taste buds, a bit too dry. =( Still very interesting though seeing as they look like Bananas.

I've tried some unusual stuff like seaweed but probably the oddest thing I've tried was this takoyaki (Japanese meatballs with octopus meat) snack. I have no idea how to describe the flavor of it. It was just very different.

Meowth City

Staff member
I've tried some unusual stuff like seaweed but probably the oddest thing I've tried was this takoyaki (Japanese meatballs with octopus meat) snack. I have no idea how to describe the flavor of it. It was just very different.
I LOVE sushi, but some variants are weird.

Last edited:

Bunches

Grass PKM Trainer
I'm a vegetarian so I guess the most "exotic" food I've had are starfruit. I didn't know they existed until recently and I find the shape amusing.

Bunches

Grass PKM Trainer
I'm a vegetarian so I guess the most "exotic" food I've had are starfruit. I didn't know they existed until recently and I find the shape amusing.

Edit: sorry about the double post. My computer sucks sometimes.

I've eaten plenty of weird things.

My favorite was a deep fried tarantula that I had once; it tasted kind of like a tangy crab. I've also eaten Halva, Durian and Limburger cheese (P.U.), Baklava, some weird brand of seaweed cookies (yuck), cow tongue (I almost ate the eyes as well), blood pudding (wasn't bad), Deer-meat, buffalo meat (tastes better than beef), Alligator meat (tasted like shrimp mixed with chicken), Rabbit, Quail, roasted crickets, a scorpion lollipop, and finally cookies made out of meal-worms.

Oddly a lot of the favorites I've had were made using bugs, though I'd never eat a snail, an amphibian, a dog/cat, or a cockroach (even I have limits).

BEANDIP

Pumped Up Kicks
Anyone eat sushi? Sushi is delicious. I have also eaten duck and lamb, at a Mongolian stir-fry restaurant. Both taste kinda like chicken.

Oh, also octopus, squid, and fried seaweed.

facetious

facetious
Queen Elizabeth II had served my semen to foreign ambassadors visiting her colony, telling them it was a rare delicacy not unlike caviar.

RobertStyx

My favorite was a deep fried tarantula that I had once; it tasted kind of like a tangy crab. I've also eaten Halva, Durian and Limburger cheese (P.U.), Baklava, some weird brand of seaweed cookies (yuck), cow tongue (I almost ate the eyes as well), blood pudding (wasn't bad), Deer-meat, buffalo meat (tastes better than beef), Alligator meat (tasted like shrimp mixed with chicken), Rabbit, Quail, roasted crickets, a scorpion lollipop, and finally cookies made out of meal-worms.

Oddly a lot of the favorites I've had were made using bugs, though I'd never eat a snail, an amphibian, a dog/cat, or a cockroach (even I have limits).

Black pudding is exotic to you!? Wow, people here eat on a near weekly basis, some daily lol. It's a very important part of a fry.

Any reason you wouldn't eat any of those other things though? A snail is too unlike any other mollusc ie. squid, octopus, clams, mussels etc. Amphibians I can understand to a degree, most are poisonous. Dogs and cats are just mammals, like cows and sheep. Cockroaches are also some of the cleanest animals around, cleaner than pretty much every other animal you've eaten.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
I have also eaten duck and lamb, at a Mongolian stir-fry restaurant. Both taste kinda like chicken.

Just curious, where are you from?
Lamb and Duck dishes are common here in the UK.

and finally cookies made out of meal-worms
I once ate a couple of mealworms on a dare.

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!

You, sir, are someone I'd love to hang out with. It's hard to find people with the balls to try things like that. How did you like the Durian?

I've had blood pudding in a hot pot, and I really liked it.

What were the insects like? That's where most people draw the line, but I would be willing to try them (though I admit I would be a little squeamish when taking the first bite). XD

Pinkle

Yes, beef and lamb are extremely Popular here in the UK, e.g steaks, roasts, pies, stews. We eat them both on a weekly basis. Duck is also very popular too, either as a roast or in Hoi-Sin duck pancakes. (mm chinese food is so awesome). I've had goose and pheasant and quail also.

For me, black pudding is the most exotic i've been so far, (i know it's so common, but it's blood so thats exotic to me.) Although with my mothers cooking i've probably had god knows what in my food.