• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Exp rates

DoubleJG3288

ポケモンはすごい!!
Compared to the 3rd gen which had Colosseum/XD colosseums to grind in, the VS seeker in FR/LG which was amazingly useful, the improved E4 in FR/LG as well, and the match call in RSE (RSE is the worst when it comes to grinding IMO), how do D/P stack up against it?

Is there a feature similar to VS seeker where their pokes level up over time as well? Is the E4 grindable or only to an extent? I guess in other words, how do you D/P owners grind levels so that it's fun yet productive at the same time?

Maybe

Perfection
How DO you use the VS Seeker? I've had mine since I don't know when in D/P, but I have yet to try it.

As for this game:
It DOES have the Vs Seeker, but not the "new League" like in FR/LG,
so I don't know. I think leveling in FR/LG is faster.

Oh yeah, but there's a bunch of level 50 wild Pokemons so yeah.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
What I usually did in my third-generation games, since I have two (Sapphire and FireRed, and you might count XD as well), was that I would raise them to Level 50 or so in the game I caught/bred them in, then trade to the other game to get the boosted experience points. In addition, XD gave me a Lucky Egg, which means that I would get double experience points. You could get over 6000 EXP from a single Pokémon in the FireRed/LeafGreen's Elite Four Round 2.

Arbok

aka Arbok
I hope that, at least, more trainers will get better.

In LG, when you where trying to rematch somebody, he even didn't trained his Pokémon. :/

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I take it that it's the same as FireRed--all the VS Seeker people, if they were early enough into the game, would level up and evolve their Pokémon. Just not by a lot.

Deucalion

Have a nice day!
Transfered Pokemon get 2x experience. Traded Pokemon get 1.5x experience. Lucky egg gives 2x experience. There are a heck of a lot of Level 50+ pokemon scattered around Sinnoh, and the E-4 ain't bad. I'd say that leveling up is nice and easy. (Not like R/S!)

Maybe

Perfection
Especially because of Wifi, you' can have a BUNCH of traded Pokemons.
Also, you can trade the egg, have your friend hatch it,
and trade it over to you.
The Pokemon will now gain more experience because it will be under his name.