• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Expanded Pokedex Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky505

Here's a list of the Pokemon we know that will be available in the games so far:

Psyduck, Golduck
Growlithe, Arcanine
Lapras
Eevee, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon

Mareep, Flaaffy, Ampharos
Azurill, Marill, Azumarill
Sneasel, Weavile
Mantyke, Mantine
Larvitar, Pupitar, Tyranitar

Beldum, Metang, Metagross

Buneary, Lopunny
Riolu, Lucario

This post will get updated as more Pokemon are revealed.
You forgot Remoraid and Octillery. They will have to be in if Mantyke is.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
You forgot Remoraid and Octillery. They will have to be in if Mantyke is.

I did not consider Remoraid and Octillery because it is entirely possible that we cannot fish until post-game.
But okay. I'll include them.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Pretty sure Pikachu will be part of the expansion.
...>n>

Yea, prolly unfortunatly. It's annoying.

You know what'd be cool, having customizable areas like HG and SS had. Or making the old gen pokemon appear in a safari zone.

pokedex needs a scan ability for wild encounters
What do you mean?

Last edited:

R_N

I did not consider Remoraid and Octillery because it is entirely possible that we cannot fish until post-game.
But okay. I'll include them.

So they'll give us Mantyke...and no way to evolve them.

Yeah that makes sense.

(besides we'll likely get at least the Old & Good rods in the normal game; they waited in the last game because it was a good way to "hide" the foreign Pokemon. No reason to hold out the lower rods this go around)

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
(besides we'll likely get at least the old & good rods in the normal game; they waited in the last game because it was a good way to "hide" the foreign pokemon. No reason to hold out the lower rods this go around)

Magikarp Returns!?!?
I fine with that, as long as Fishermen in these games don't spam us with a full line up of Magikarps.
Hopefully a mix between Magikarps and Basculins.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Maybe
Magikarp & Gyarados are actually not in a single body of water anywhere in Unova in BW; I think it'd be interesting if that stayed true in BW2

Now that you've mentioned it, Magikarp and Gyarados were DW exclusive.

If the Old Rod returns, I guess it'll only catch Basculins... and Stunfisk.
Good Rod, for common Unova underwater Pokemon. Remoraid included.
They can keep the Super Rod for post-game, for other foreign Pokemon.

The city of the water gym leader looks like a good place for someone to give us one of these rods.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
So, it looks like Riolu is #33. Guess this means we'll be obtaining it early on, probably second/third Gymish. Maybe as a free Egg?

I think majority of them.
The revealed Pokemon so far is a mixture of Dream World-exclusives, White Forest-exclusives, post-Unova obtainables, and unobtainables.

uh

you realize that this constitutes every single non-legend/event pre-Unova Pokemon ever, right

So they'll give us Mantyke...and no way to evolve them.

OR

They give us Mantine and no way to get Mantyke (remember, you need Wave (I think, or maybe it's Sea?) Incense!) until post-game.

I fine with that, as long as Fishermen in these games don't spam us with a full line up of Magikarps.

Fairly certain that one of these has appeared in literally every single main series Pokemon game, ever.

JoshuaMunoz

Blue Goo.
I hope we can find legendaries from previous generations. Or meet Celebi/Jirach/Mew as an ingame requirement.

kemal07

I am hoping to see some more non-fishing water-types. Like Poliwag, or something else... I'd say in a wet area, but Icirrus seems to be frozen. It seems some of these expanded Pokedex Pokemon (the ones show so far) have migrated down ahead of the deep freeze. Maybe some of those will appear, like Cubone/Marowak.

I'm not sure about Poliwag... Tympole seems to take the tadpole position : D

rocky505

They give us Mantine and no way to get Mantyke (remember, you need Wave (I think, or maybe it's Sea?) Incense!) until post-game.
OR since Mantyke was catchable in BW it will be in B2W2. A good majority of the revealed Pokemon so far were able to be found in the wild in BW.

Ilan

Now that you've mentioned it, Magikarp and Gyarados were DW exclusive.

If the Old Rod returns, I guess it'll only catch Basculins... and Stunfisk.
Good Rod, for common Unova underwater Pokemon. Remoraid included.
They can keep the Super Rod for post-game, for other foreign Pokemon.

The city of the water gym leader looks like a good place for someone to give us one of these rods.

nope.. there's a guy who sells you a magikarp in marvellous bridge for 500 pokedollars ... seems familiar.. but this time (and also the last time...) it's a great deal.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
nope.. there's a guy who sells you a magikarp in marvellous bridge for 500 pokedollars ... seems familiar.. but this time (and also the last time...) it's a great deal.

Oh right... there was one.
But access to this guy can simply be blocked off until post-game.
He might not even show up in this game.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
like too see the pokemons nature,moves etc it would be really useful for legends tho
Oh, that would be cool and helpful.

After thinking about it, I really like the thought of a customizable safari zone or at the very least a regular one for the old gen pokemon. It'd make sense that they brought over old gen pokemon for the safari zone, but don't think all old gen pokemon will be put there if we got one.

rocky505

...In the post-game.

It's a possibility, at the very least.
You practically ignored everything else I said.

The reason's for this could have to do with the many changes and the Poke transfer lab. All the Pokemon seemed to have Migrated over to the west.

Status
Not open for further replies.