• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Expanded Pokedex Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dancing Togekiss

Wow, some of my favourtie pokemon are available so early in the game. I can't make up my mind on who to pick! I might try using a rotaion team for once...

As for the genesect thing, I don't think he will be in the unova dex.

kemal07

Wow, some of my favourtie pokemon are available so early in the game. I can't make up my mind on who to pick! I might try using a rotaion team for once...

As for the genesect thing, I don't think he will be in the unova dex.

But the matter of 'two spaces left' makes it very likely that Genesect may indeed be in the Unova Dex...

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
I have a question... I know it might be kinda stupid but I just want to make sure... Is it confirmed all the Unova Pokemon will be here? Like all of them

Charizardfan900

Charizard King!
If there is Magby, then there will most likely be elekid.

I've always seen them as two pokemon who go side by side.

They will probably be version exculsives.

Also I reckon Dragonite and Salamence will not be in the game because there are 3 Pseudo-Legendaries (Tyranitar, Metagross and Hydregion.)

Larry

I love that there's going to be a ton of Pokemon to use in the Unova Dex now. It gives me so many more Pokemon to choose from in a monotype challenge.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I have a question... I know it might be kinda stupid but I just want to make sure... Is it confirmed all the Unova Pokemon will be here? Like all of them

Obviously, all Gen V Pokemon should be part of it. But, there are chances that Victini, Meloetta, and Genesect can be left out until post-game. Same goes with the Kami trio. They can simply block access to those areas until post-game. Speaking of Victini, regardless if it's part of the dex or not, pretty sure they'll keep it as #000, which is outside the 300.

Also I reckon Dragonite and Salamence will not be in the game because there are 3 Pseudo-Legendaries (Tyranitar, Metagross and Hydregion.)

Tyranitar and Metagross are native to Unova. Also Dragonite. The Dratini line has a very high probability of being part of the Unova Dex.

Meanwhile, Bagon is a White Forest exclusive. Mareep and Azurill were White Forest exclusives but they were easily made available in the wild. I don't see why the Bagon line is not a likely candidate.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Noticed that Keldeo is #298. Obviously Meloetta is #299 and Genesect is #300. All pre-National Pokedex. I guess we can expect Genesect relatively soon in the future.

You're making an assumption. I think they'd want to wait until next year to reveal Genesect so they can use him for the 2013 movie. Who else would they use? It'd be too soon for a Gen 6 Pokemon to star in it.

Keldeo being 298 doesn't necessarily prove anything. You're probably right about Meloetta=299, but for all we know 300 could be Arceus or Celebi or something.

Torpoleon

Obviously, all Gen V Pokemon should be part of it. But, there are chances that Victini, Meloetta, and Genesect can be left out until post-game. Same goes with the Kami trio. They can simply block access to those areas until post-game. Speaking of Victini, regardless if it's part of the dex or not, pretty sure they'll keep it as #000, which is outside the 300.
I do wonder if they'll keep Victini as #000 too. If that's the case, the dex would have to end at #299 if it would have a total of 300 Pokémon. Eh, maybe it will still end at #300 with Genesect, just with Victini at #000.

pokemonbw

Beast Mode Trainer
I do wonder if they'll keep Victini as #000 too. If that's the case, the dex would have to end at #299 if it would have a total of 300 Pokémon. Eh, maybe it will still end at #300 with Genesect, just with Victini at #000.
I think they are going to move victini but keep him there for the national dex or something.

Torpoleon

You're making an assumption. I think they'd want to wait until next year to reveal Genesect so they can use him for the 2013 movie. Who else would they use? It'd be too soon for a Gen 6 Pokemon to star in it.

Keldeo being 298 doesn't necessarily prove anything. You're probably right about Meloetta=299, but for all we know 300 could be Arceus or Celebi or something.
Keldeo, Meloetta & Genesect were at the end of BW's Regional Dex. Of course Keldeo & Meloetta have already been officially revealed, but that just because Genesect hasn't been officially revealed doesn't mean it can't be at the end of B2W2's Regional Dex. Doesn't mean they'll reveal Genesect this year.

Grey Wind

We can't really say that it's likely for any Pokemon to be included; so far, it's seemingly just random. At this point the only Pokemon we can assume is Elekid because of Magby's inclusion.
e: Also, Slowking was on some poster on Smash with a few different legendaries, so it's possible that that line is included.

I just hope Heracross or Torkoal are included :u Planning a team without the full dex is so hard.

Waaaaait. Genesect is #300? And they said in last CoroCoro there would be 300 pokémon this time?

Yeah ok, they're going to reveal Genesect this month and hold an event for it. It's obvious.
I doubt they'd reveal him so soon. Meloetta and Keldeo were just revealed, so it's more likely that they'll keep him for another time. Plus, Victini could be moved to #300 in the dex this time.

Last edited:

pokemonbw

Beast Mode Trainer
I'm wondering that maybe some legendaries and regular pokemon that were undiscovered were forced out of thier habitats because mountains started to freeze over. So we might see a few new pokemon and genesect or something. Far-Fetched. A Little.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Keldeo, Meloetta & Genesect were at the end of BW's Regional Dex. Of course Keldeo & Meloetta have already been officially revealed, but that just because Genesect hasn't been officially revealed doesn't mean it can't be at the end of B2W2's Regional Dex. Doesn't mean they'll reveal Genesect this year.

But they advertised 300 Pokemon. Won't people question why there's only 299?
And Sapphire Sceptile raises a good point; Victini could be 300 this time.

Torpoleon

But they advertised 300 Pokemon. Won't people question why there's only 299?
And Sapphire Sceptile raises a good point; Victini could be 300 this time.
True. It does make sense for Victini to either be #000 with the Pokédex ending at #300 (which would technically be 301 Pokémon though) or Victini not being #000 anymore (which I think is more likely). I don't know about it being #300 because Genesect likely wont be officially revealed by then, so people would have #298 & #300, but then a blank space in between (which would probably stay that way until the inevitable Genesect event that will likely be next year). #297 seems to be a better guess, so Victini would be right before the Event Legendaries (which it technically is as well).

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I don't know about it being #300 because Genesect likely wont be officially revealed by then, so people would have #298 & #300, but then a blank space in between (which would probably stay that way until the inevitable Genesect event that will likely be next year).

Well I was thinking of 299 being Meloetta, so there wouldn't really be a gap.

charizarddude

Pokémon Master

If Victini stays at #000, that would mean we get 301 pokemon, right?

And people know about Victini, so they could put it as #000, Keldeo as #298, Meloetta at #299, and it would still appear as 300 pokemon to must people, so they could still advertise 300 pokemon, yet reveal Genesect later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.