• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Expanded Pokedex Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeMac_2

The PokeTroll

gliscor&yanmega

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_smash/trailer/

The video is not the clearest, but it looks like Growlithe is lv11 and Magnemite is lv10.

Hmm. I hope this means Magnemite is available early, but I believe there has been some Pokemon that were at low levels that you couldn't get until later in the game(Although in Black and White, the only that come to mind are the Water types in the water). Magnemite and Growlithe are both in the same kind of area it seems(Filed/Plains), with both being around the same level I'm guessing they might be on the same route as well.

Ugh Zubat and Geodude will not be included... they really shouldn't be anyways. They were replaced for a reason.

I'm sure they could be included if they wanted to, there's nothing saying they wont. I see no reason why they shouldn't be anyways, just because Woobat and Roggenrola are there doesn't mean they can't come back. I don't think they were "replaced" for any real reason anyways.

That's why I always traded over a Houndour egg whenever I restart games, so I can use one through the beginning of the game. It would be nice to have Houndour during the early routes though.

I wouldn't mind having Buizel or Seel available as Water Pokemon. I'm still hoping you can catch Deerling earlier as well.

I could never do that myself so I'm stuck waiting for the day I can use a Houndour during the story. I'd enjoy it even more if it was available early.

I'd like some Pokemon to get placed on earlier routes/places then they were in Black and White, namely Durant and Heatmor. I was so disappointed I had to wait until Victory Road to get them.

SuperEpicRock

PokeMac_2

The PokeTroll
Mareep vs magnamite lines? I'd usually go with mareep, but just wondering which pokemon line do you think is better and why?

Sakrey

Caring Career
I'm more interested in the fact that Keldeo is level 16, I wonder, how early do we get it? 0_0
That'd be pretty cool if Keldeo had a Victini-like distribution for BW2, we get it early and at level 15, so we can actually use in on our in-game teams.

Well that not really new, we already know that the Keldeo distributed from the 15th movie will be at level 15.
And the giveaway will start on June 23rd, the exact same date of release for B2W2, so it kind of fits the context of the first Victini-based event. (Although I don't really understand how pre-booking a movie ticket can give you access to exclusive giveaway, without being in the theater to download it...)

Jazz14456_Plebeian

Expect Epic: CB
Ooh, I'm glad we have sneasel. See, I like sneasel for false swiping RE shines (just in case), or basically any other pokemon I want to catch (as in, all of them).

Räven Velish

black lives matter
I'm going to use Ampharos over Magnezone. Anyway, the reason I picked Umbreon over Zoroark and Weavile was because you can get Eevee early. If Honchcrow comes back, I'll use Leafeon over Umbreon.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
None of this matters to me, since I'll be breeding my six members aside from Oshawott for the entire game :D

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3

Räven Velish

black lives matter
Yes!!!! This means I can get half of my team early this time! I still can't figure out what to get for my flying type. I want Hydreigon, but he comes late in the game. Unless I find another pokemon that I think is worth my time.

I'm hoping for a flying type either Salamence, Honchkrow, Skarmory, or Tropius.

Danitsku

Magnemite confirmation? Yes.

Here's hoping they supply some cool fire types like Torkoal and Magby.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
Arcanine is cool...But yeah, Magby would be nice. Darumaka was pretty awesome too. She had beyond awesome attacks, but lousy defense. I guess in terms of fire types, each generation doesn't really have much in the wild besides the starter.

Doom-Burn

I think we'll see the Electivre and Magmortar lines being the version exclusives. As well as Vulpix since Growlithe and Vulpix are common version exlclusives?

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
As well as Vulpix since Growlithe and Vulpix are common version exlclusives?

Vulpix was in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald whereas Growlithe was not in the game.

Just because they were version exclusives in one game doesn't mean that they will again.

Räven Velish

black lives matter
Yeah I've been thinking of my team and the only fire Pokemon I would want are Torkoal or Camerupt. I've used most of the others. I've used, Vulpix, Growlithe, Magby, Ponyta and some others.

I'm glad I have Emboar for this stuff. I'm more worried about a grass type. GF will probably give us Breeloom, something I won't use because I already have a Fighting type. I'm hoping for Roserade, Victreebell, or Tropius. If they don't give us anything good, I'll probably just try to swipe a Ferrothorn.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
Vulpix was in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald whereas Growlithe was not in the game.

Just because they were version exclusives in one game doesn't mean that they will again.

No, it doesn't mean they will be, but they might be.

I'm thinking of which Fire Types I'd like to raise too, but pretty much the only (remotely decent, non-legendary) ones I haven't used yet are Rapidash and Darmanitan. Oh, and DW Ninetales. I'm just not keen on the slow ones, so that excludes Torkoal, Slugma and Numel lines. Ya know things are desperate when you start eying up Heatmor for your team ;__;

GF will probably give us Breeloom

Give us DW Breloom! Pleeeeeeeaze.

Status
Not open for further replies.