• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Expanded Pokedex Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Thank you. I happened to find that right before you posted it. So, can we confirm that the Regis will be in BW2?

Probably. Probably not.
Anyway, I can see Regigigas sleeping beneath the Relic Castle ruins, where Volcarona originally was in BW..

rocky505

Or regigigas could unlock the other Regis in a future game *winkwink*

charizarddude

Pokémon Master
Probably. Probably not.
Anyway, I can see Regigigas sleeping beneath the Relic Castle ruins, where Volcarona originally was in BW..

Yes. Or on those islands where Abyssal Ruins was, if Shuzui's gym or something else isn't there. And maybe there will be a new way to get Regigigas besides bringing the other Regis to it.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

Or... Regigigas is exclusive to BW2, while the three are exclusive to THAT future game.
Those three are needed to be traded backwards to BW2 to get Regigigas.

Yes. Or on those islands where Abyssal Ruins was, if Shuzui's gym or something else isn't there. And maybe there will be a new way to get Regigigas besides bringing the other Regis to it.

It is also a possibility. They gave Feebas a different method of evolution, so why not give a Pokemon a different method of acquisition.

charizarddude

Pokémon Master

Forget what I said earlier I like this idea better.

Well, at least we're finally getting some news, at least. Anyone think Smash might say something about Regigigas and the bird from AR Searcher?

Forget what I said earlier I like this idea better.

Well, at least we're finally getting some news, at least. Anyone think Smash might say something about Regigigas and the bird from AR Searcher?

no just keldeo gameplay and MAYBE HOPEFULLY a quick glimpse at a gym battle (i wanna hear that music)

R_N

I love how nonchalant they were about showing off Regigigas
Could have used like any other Pokemon!

Grei

not the color
Interesting...

It makes sense actually...
Altaria is obtainable in Route 14, same with Buizel and Floatzel. Shuppet is a Unova Swarm on Route 13.

Anyway, first post is updated with the new additions.

Just saying, though... the Eastern Unova Pokemon are no indication of the new retro Pokemon in the BW2 regional dex. As it is now, there are over 300 Pokemon in Eastern Unova that didn't belong to the BW regional dex--not all of those are going to fit into BW2's regional dex--and also, we've already gotten some Pokemon confirmed for BW2's regional dex that didn't appear in Eastern Unova.

But this is awesome! Buizel, Floatzel, Swablu, Altaria, Shuppet, Banette, and Regigigas all confirmed. I wonder if Regigigas will be in the regional dex, or if he'll just be available in Unova.

KickAsh

halted development
Actual news!
This is wonderful, Regigigas is an unusual choice for such a low-key reveal, but I'm happy we have something tangible to discuss.

Probably. Probably not.
That's a good spot for it. Or could it maybe be in the Abyssal Ruins? Like how the Regis were underwater in RS.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
If Regigigas is in BW2, then there'll more likely be something like in DPPt, where you are required to have the Regi Trio (Regirock, Regice, and Registeel) in your party in order to get it.

But if this is true, the question is are the other three regis going to be available in these games? Or are we going to have to pal park and then pokeshift them all the way up from Gen 3? Because the latter sounds really improbable to me, and not everyone got a hold of the event Regigigas that unlocked the 3 regis in Gen 4.

...We really need a new and easy way to get all 3 regis. Seriously. Enough of this braille/you need a certain pokemon in your party BS. Even Mewtwo wasn't this high maintenance.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
I have a strange feeling Gigas is gonna take the place of Wailord and Relicanth, wich makes me sad, it made hunting for the Regi in RSE an actual challenge due to the difficulty of the keys.

crystalzapdos

J.J. Swatt
I wonder if Regigigas will play a part in the story or if he will just be an optional side quest like the musketeers in B/W.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Sunkern, Magby, and Koffing confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.