• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Expanded Pokedex Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky505

Does anyone know when Corocoro is supposed to come out? I know it's this month, but I forgot the exact date

It always comes out on the 15th of a month unless the 15th is a Sunday then it'll come out the 14th.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
It always comes out on the 15th of a month unless the 15th is a Sunday then it'll come out the 14th.

Are we confirmed to be getting a lot more information about BW2 in this month's CoroCoro, then? Or are we just hoping? :3

Question! If this supposed upcoming info isn't about a 'new pokemon'(as in, previously unrevealed species) which is likely, what else could it refer to? I'm sure I heard somewhere that hackers can tell in advance which Pokemon have 'formes' to be revealed because they have an in-game placeholder, or something, so surely it can't be a new 'forme', because someone would know about it already? So since Meloetta's Pirouette forme has been revealed, and Genesect isn't likely to be revealed yet, surely this should be read as 'new pokemon info' rather than 'info about new pokemon'?

Sorry if my suppositions are a little wonky. I have trouble keeping up with what's being revealed where, and so what constitutes 'new' info... (eg. Smash trolling us with so-called new reveals of Box Art, which had already been revealed everywhere else and so was only 'new' to you if you lived under a rock and only relied on Smash for your Poke-related news)

Are we confirmed to be getting a lot more information about BW2 in this month's CoroCoro, then? Or are we just hoping? :3

Question! If this supposed upcoming info isn't about a 'new pokemon'(as in, previously unrevealed species) which is likely, what else could it refer to? I'm sure I heard somewhere that hackers can tell in advance which Pokemon have 'formes' to be revealed because they have an in-game placeholder, or something, so surely it can't be a new 'forme', because someone would know about it already? So since Meloetta's Pirouette forme has been revealed, and Genesect isn't likely to be revealed yet, surely this should be read as 'new pokemon info' rather than 'info about new pokemon'?

Sorry if my suppositions are a little wonky. I have trouble keeping up with what's being revealed where, and so what constitutes 'new' info... (eg. Smash trolling us with so-called new reveals of Box Art, which had already been revealed everywhere else and so was only 'new' to you if you lived under a rock and only relied on Smash for your Poke-related news)

supposed to get a separate booklet of just bw2 info

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I know it may be a stretch, but what if Ditto appears? Given its Dream World ability, it could be a good time to utilize it

gliscor&yanmega

I know it may be a stretch, but what if Ditto appears? Given its Dream World ability, it could be a good time to utilize it

I'm not sure what you mean by this, what does Ditto's Dream World ability have to do with it being in the regional dex?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I'm not sure what you mean by this, what does Ditto's Dream World ability have to do with it being in the regional dex?

I just thought it would be nice to be able to utilize the more versatile Ditto as part of your team. Plus most of us don't use post-Elite 4 Pokemon as part of our main team. It is through this reasoning that I also think Rotom may be part of the new dex, since it would be the first time pre-National Dex that we can utilize the different types Rotom can have(Platinum didn't have them)

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

DW abilities won't be made that widely available in BW2. We might get a few more (that Mincinno from the trailer, perhaps?), but they're not going to let you get DW abilities like normal.

Grei

not the color
DW abilities won't be made that widely available in BW2. We might get a few more (that Mincinno from the trailer, perhaps?), but they're not going to let you get DW abilities like normal.

At least, not from what we know of so far. If Achroma is legitimately studying these hidden abilities in Pokemon, then it's not too weird an idea that we'll see a lot more hidden abilities this time around.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
At least, not from what we know of so far. If Achroma is legitimately studying these hidden abilities in Pokemon, then it's not too weird an idea that we'll see a lot more hidden abilities this time around.

Perhaps, but they're called hidden abilities for a reason. It's not too Farfetch'd to say that we'll be seeing more of them this game, but it is to say we'll be able to get them as easily as any other ability, which is the point I was trying to make.

Icy Meteor

Boundary Pokémon
They did a similar thing before BW. And that one was 15 pages long if I remember correctly.

Well they don't have any new Pokémon to unveil as far as we know, so hopefully this is just packed with information on the games, but I can imagine some pages being taken up by Keldeo and possibly Meloetta.

Chandreigon

Pokemon Master
Is it possible that they will announce an evolutionary link between luvdisc and alomomola, and other speculated potentially evolution links? Perhaps a new way to evolve pokemon, like during a specific season or something?

Aurath8

Is it possible that they will announce an evolutionary link between luvdisc and alomomola, and other speculated potentially evolution links? Perhaps a new way to evolve pokemon, like during a specific season or something?

I don't understand why some people can't come to terms that Luvdisc and Alomomola are unrelated. I dont know why it frustrates me, but- argh...

Seasonal evolving sounds good though. I always love it when we get new inventive evolution methods.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola

If Alomomola was going to be an evolution of Luvdisc, then it would've been so when it was introduced into the Pokedex. They're not going to suddenly implement an evolutionary link between Pokemon who were previously unrelated. I know that Luvidsc not being related to Alomomola, and Bouffallant not being related to Tauros is a lot for some fans to take in. I understand you need to go through a grieving process to fully comprehend this disappointing information.

But it's been nearly two years. Please, please, for the love of all that is holy in this world and the next, drop it :(

On the other hand, seasonal ways of evolving Pokemon would be nice, and is at least possible, seeing as how they changed the way to evolve Feebas. However, Feebas' method of evolution (maxing the beauty stat) only changed because there was no way to actually evolve it in Gen 5 (pokeblocks/poffins no longer being present), so it was necessary. As far as I know all other methods of evolution are still viable, and so have no need for change. Maybe a seasonal effect on evolution will come into play more in Gen 6. We can hope!

Last edited:

☭Secret_Shocker☭

I can't believe Beldum's evo line is in here. Now I'm going to love BW2 even more. tbh I wasn't expecting it.

SuperPichu

Pokémon!
I'm pretty sure Luvdisc and Alomomola are not related in evolution, but maybe related in Version Exclusivity(sorry for spelling), like Electabuzz and Magmar or Plusle and Minun. They could be Version Exclusives in BW2.

As for Pokemon evolution in seasons, that would be awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.