• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Expanded Pokedex Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky_Ragger

I'm not sure if it they were in eggs, but after beating Red you could pick one of the gen 1 from Prof. Oak and one of the gen 3 starters from Steven. That's the only time I recall atm.

Yeah thats what I ment. I just forgot how they were obtainable.

But they could do something like this again.

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite
I love Crobat and Drifblim. And if Typhlosion is in post-game, that means so is Feraligatr! YES!!!

I really do hope we get to see Crobat..He is such a cool Pokemon..but he won't be on my Team because i was thinking of using Swalot

Ricky_Ragger

Zubats and Woobat, in the same caves. That will be interesting as to see which one will annoy you the fastest as you walk around the cave. >.<

Bardische

Elegance.
Or, it is possibly that you can pick an egg containing some of the starters. They did this before, right?

I'm not sure if it they were in eggs, but after beating Red you could pick one of the gen 1 from Prof. Oak and one of the gen 3 starters from Steven. That's the only time I recall atm.

Yep, starter distribution has always been the pick and choose. Level 5 and all kinds of basic.

In fact, bonus starter giveaways have happened many times already. Frankly, I don't see why they keep these pokemon largely exclusive to beginning trainers. They need to be wild somewhere, and not in a bonus gadget like the pokewalker.

I really do hope we get to see Crobat..He is such a cool Pokemon..but he won't be on my Team because i was thinking of using Swalot

Crobat and Skarmory are the only Flying types I always seem to use whenever I have a playthrough. It's become a custom for me lol. But Swalot though?

Zubats and Woobat, in the same caves. That will be interesting as to see which one will annoy you the fastest as you walk around the cave. >.<

Woobats never seem to annoy me as much as Zubats. Mainly because they actually appear with a reasonable encounter rate compared to those unholy Zubats. I hope Zubats just appear in certain areas. And preferably grass and not caves. I have this headcanon that Woobat and Swoobat are more territorial and much more dangerous with their psychic abilities outnumbering the Zubat family :))

Aurath8

Woobats never seem to annoy me as much as Zubats. Mainly because they actually appear with a reasonable encounter rate compared to those unholy Zubats. I hope Zubats just appear in certain areas. And preferably grass and not caves. I have this headcanon that Woobat and Swoobat are more territorial and much more dangerous with their psychic abilities outnumbering the Zubat family :))

Wouldn't encountering wild pokemon in caves be the same?

Actually, can someone check whether BW actually had a lower wild encounter rate in caves than previous generations? It seems plausible since BW catered more for noobs.

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
I love Crobat and Drifblim. And if Typhlosion is in post-game, that means so is Feraligatr! YES!!!

HIGH FIVE! Feraligatr ROCKS. and so does Typhlosion. too bad i despise meganium :( its not even worthy of me spelling its name with a captial M..... i just need charizard in this :(

hopefully agumon is in this too ;)

Räven Velish

black lives matter
HIGH FIVE! Feraligatr ROCKS. and so does Typhlosion. too bad i despise meganium :( its not even worthy of me spelling its name with a captial M..... i just need charizard in this :(

hopefully agumon is in this too ;)

YES!!! I love Feraligatr and Typhlosion but meganium is too girly and stupid. This game needs Torterra and I am all set with a B2 team. Also, who is Agumon?

Last edited:

stenli

Flabebes
Damn you TrollFreak, the last 100 mons in the dex may only be obtainable post E4. Aside of that, I see no reason to put the genies that early, unless they are plot-related or something like that.

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
YES!!! I love Feraligatr and Typhlosion but meganium is too girly and stupid. This game needs Torterra and I am all set with a B2 team. Also, who is Agumon?

LOL that agumon thing was a joke. he's from Digimon xD

and i need torterra too :l havent had one for like 4 years

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Damn you TrollFreak, the last 100 mons in the dex may only be obtainable post E4. Aside of that, I see no reason to put the genies that early, unless they are plot-related or something like that.

I doubt it. There's no point, since the Pokedex is usually updated to National post-E4.

stenli

Flabebes
See Houndour, Murkrow, Pikachu, Magmar, Electabuzz and few others are in the Johto Dex (for the sake of recording NPC pokes) but are only available post E4, IIRC.

kemal07

So if the Kami trio ends with the number 200... wouldn't it look weird that 201 continues on with 'normal' Pokemon : )... I love everything alreadyyyy

rocky505

See Houndour, Murkrow, Pikachu, Magmar, Electabuzz and few others are in the Johto Dex (for the sake of recording NPC pokes) but are only available post E4, IIRC.

Magmar and Murrow were before the E4 in hgss thanks to the safari zone.

Valdoom

Team Armageddon
Magmar and Murrow were before the E4 in hgss thanks to the safari zone.

Magmar was pre-e4 anyway in G/S/C and HG/SS it was in the burnt tower lower level where Suicune, Entei and Raikou run off.

And Kami trio being up to 200 is fine i think, similar happened in platinum where Dialga and Palkia were 149/150, Manaphy was 151, Rotom 152 then there were normal pokemon 153 to 209 then Giratina at 210

kemal07

Since we saw Crobat in one of the screenshots in Corocoro... is there really a possibility that Zubat will be in this new Unova dex : /... I know Crobat is awesome... but we have the Woobat line...

Status
Not open for further replies.