• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Expanded Pokedex Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rampharos

OMG I KNOWWWWWWWWWW we were just pointing out the similarities gosh thats so annoying

Don't worry, this guy never actually contributes anything in the speculation threads. He just gets angry at people for... speculating.

Again, non Hoenn Dex Pokemon have appeared in the Advanced saga and non Sinnoh Dex Pokemon have appeared in the DP saga. They can put whatever the hell they want in the anime, they don't have to adhere to the game.

Very true, I'm not willing to believe anything outside of what we've had officially confirmed due to the high amount of discrepancies between the games and the anime, especially since they have done this from the very first series with Togepi. Heck, even the very first episode with Ho-Oh

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
Alakazam was just shown in the brief Smash footage (showcasing Meloetta) so I guess we can add the Abra line to the 'sort-of confirmed' list.

That's so freaky. I said only last week, 'wow, all I need now is confirmation of Abra and Vulpix and my entire planned White 2 Team will be regional o_O'

Icy Meteor

Boundary Pokémon
Anime =/= Games.

It's a well-known fact.

The animé is also based on the games, which another well known fact.

Don't worry, this guy never actually contributes anything in the speculation threads. He just gets angry at people for... speculating.

I think he fails to understand the concept of speculating, like many other people in these forums.

Alakazam was just shown in the brief Smash footage (showcasing Meloetta) so I guess we can add the Abra line to the 'sort-of confirmed' list.

I really hope the Abra is in these games, I don't really like the Solosis or Gothita line and I want a strong Psychic Pokémon.

Josiah

is your favorite
Let me say first that I love the idea of using as many old Pokemon (read: any) as you want during the main story of every game.
Now that we have that out of the way, I'd just like to say that it bothers me that the amount of Pokemon in a given region seems to be consistently rising throughout the game series. The biologist in me would like to say that the increased diversity should be reserved for more tropical regions, if only to make some more sense in correlation to the real world.
I don't want old Pokemon to be completely unavailable to players. What I would like to see in future games is the implementation of two separate Pokedexes from the very start. I want a regional dex to show what Pokemon I can legitimately catch within a region, and on top of that I want the National dex (or just complete Pokedex if there is a region not considered in the same nation as the others) that allows for trainers other than me to hold foreign Pokemon. Seriously, there is little reason for every trainer within a region to only own Pokemon from that region. Some trainers should be foreigners or just the lucky recipients of foreign Pokemon. That change would allow for more variety in opponents throughout the entire game while also giving each trainer access to trading during the main game. It seems like a win/win to me, without struggling to find the plausibility of a tropical region like Hoenn having fewer Pokemon species than a temperate region like Sinnoh or Unova.

Mostly unrelated, but remake dexes should totally include all related forms of all the Pokemon originally contained within a given region.

Last edited:

Wadeledge

Till all are One
Here's a question for everybody:

What ONE line hasn't been confirmed yet but you'd like to see in the games?

Personally I'd love to see Trappinch, Vibrava, and Flygon, that would make my day.

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!

Personally I'd love to see Trappinch, Vibrava, and Flygon, that would make my day.

The porygon line would be really nice to see. Especially with the eviolite pory2 would be a major troll ingame

Quagsire13

Smoochum and Jynx! They haven't been in a regional dex since Johto and seeing as how Magby is in I'm hoping that she will be too. There is not enough Ice types in the game and only now the only addition is Lapras and Sneasel who aren't even primary Ice types... So got my fingers crossed that this line and/or Froslass will be in...

crystalzapdos

J.J. Swatt

I want to see Cacturne, Froslass, and Bronzor. I like all of those Pokemon designs, but I've never actually used one before.

Bardische

Elegance.
I would want the Happiny line because as much as I like Audino's bountiful experience giveaway bonanza, I like to gain experience faster in one turn, and not have my experience god survive with a few health points remaining because it has defenses on both sides of the spectrum.

Oh, and I also just want Skarmory somewhere. Because Unfezant can go become roast or something.

Nomik18

Estia
I'd like to ask if we know whether new pokemon (completely new) will be introduced in black & white 2.

Nomik18

Estia
Absolutely nothing? Geez, seems like the w8ing time for new excitement has just grown immense :(

Kinda OOT:

Have Keldeo and Meloetta been released or announced to be released with the new games or the next movie that will come with them? Sorry to ask, been away for a very long time.

Kall El

..Silence..
Absolutely nothing? Geez, seems like the w8ing time for new excitement has just grown immense :(

Kinda OOT:

Have Keldeo and Meloetta been released or announced to be released with the new games or the next movie that will come with them? Sorry to ask, been away for a very long time.
They will be obtainable via the Movie when it's released, sadly for anyone outside of the Japanese Region :p

I've been thinking, although generally speaking the Anime and Games have had less correlation with regards to promotion. I have a feeling that many Pokemon that have not been confirmed for the new Unova dex but shown in the BW2 Anime posters will be in the games too. IIRC, Dragonite was one I came across.
What ever the case, the new Unova dex is really looking fresh and amazing to say the least!

Last edited:

Navarch

I'd love for Skitty and Delcatty to be available in the game. I love them so much, plus they haven't been in a regional pokedex since physical/special split.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'd really love a unique flying type in the game (but is still able to use fly) like Tropius or Staraptor, though I've also been a fan of the Ekans & Lickitung lines since Red & Blue

Also, for some reason, I've really been attracted to Bug, Ground, Flying, and Water types.

Star Champion AJ

The Trapinch line would make my day since I like to have a Dragon-type in my main team and Flygon is my favourite Pokémon.

;328;;329;;330;

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola

You're complaining just because these games won't have new pokemon? Really?

Have you seen the trailer and pre-release shots of these games? These games do not need new pokemon. They're looking pretty darn sweet as they are.

On topic, apart from Vulpix (my fingers and toes will remain crossed!) I'm hoping for the Rhyhorn line, coz it's old skool, and the Slowpoke line. And from the shots of Pokewood, Slowpoke is already a possibility. Yay! Zigzagoon would also be fun, seeing as it's the only regional rodent I don't want to kill with fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.