• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Expanded Pokedex Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izanagi

'Sup!
I mean in previous games one could always somewhat get the Pokemon you want early on the game but I glad the decided to mix up the Dex a little. That means you and a friend could not have the same team unlike it was in BW where everyone at least the same Pokemon.

FE21

300 pokemon is half the national dex (no duh, sherlock). Another problem is that pokemon are being based off the same animals and other things (like Ekans/Arbok, Dunspare(?), Seviper, Snivy/Servine/Serperior, and now Thunderous are all based off of snakes). It just doesn't mix well when you have so many of the "same" pokemon over and over, especailly in the same region. I have doubts, but who knows?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
300 pokemon is half the national dex (no duh, sherlock). Another problem is that pokemon are being based off the same animals and other things (like Ekans/Arbok, Dunspare(?), Seviper, Snivy/Servine/Serperior, and now Thunderous are all based off of snakes). It just doesn't mix well when you have so many of the "same" pokemon over and over, especailly in the same region. I have doubts, but who knows?

So, you mean to say that we can't have different birds in this region because it wouldn't mix well?

Biodiversity exists for a reason.

kemal07

I have to agree, the repetitiveness was annoying. I would have loved to have Pokemon like Pawinard or Rufflet/Vullaby earlier on.

Yep, That's mainly why I lost interest in training Pawniard and Deino back in BW... I left them out for these new games hoping they appear much earlier in the game this time...

R_N

I could never take the time to train a Deino legitimately no matter how early it was. I'm not dragging that thing through the vast majority of the game and at best come out of it with a Zweilous

rocky505

Since when was sacred thundurus a snake? Just because it's measured by length doesn't mean it's a snake. Rayquaza is not a snake last I checked.

Izanagi

'Sup!
Yep, That's mainly why I lost interest in training Pawniard and Deino back in BW... I left them out for these new games hoping they appear much earlier in the game this time...

Yeah, I wanted to catch a Pawniard but it so far in the game that I already build a team by them and I simply had no room for it. I also will never take the necessary time it takes to train a Deino pre-Elite 4.

FE21

So, you mean to say that we can't have different birds in this region because it wouldn't mix well?

Biodiversity exists for a reason.

Point taken. However, most people can tell a penguin from an eagle easier than a gardener snake to a rattlesnake

Since when was sacred thundurus a snake? Just because it's measured by length doesn't mean it's a snake. Rayquaza is not a snake last I checked.

I read a rumor on the home page and thought everyone would know what I'm talking about. Now that you point it out more closely I see you're right. Rayquaza is a dragon type so I never thought of it that way!
I meant to edithe "...I see you're right." area but it won't let me click on that word. I was going to put in parenthasies "(about the Thunderous)".

Last edited:

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate

Yeah nature gets so boring what with all these Gardeners, Cobras, Coral, and Rattles all being based off of snakes...

You might wanna remember that just like nature has different species of the same animal so does Pokemon, heck none of the serpentine pokemon lines are based on the same snake

Ekans and Arbok are Rattlesnakes and Cobras
Dunsparce is a Japanese legend snake
Seviper is a viper
Snivy's line is based on Garden snakes and boas (hence the lack of Poison moves like Poison Fang and Poison Tail)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Dunsparce is based on a snake? I just always thought of it as some random thingy. Though I forgot that it's classified as the Land Snake Pokémon

Anyway, I thought I should do a poké-count again since the main site included the pokémon from the movie trailer (Grimer & Muk, Zangoose, Seviper). So if we count them, there are now only 97 pokémon left to be added to the pokédex

Last edited:

kemal07

Dunsparce is based on a snake? I just always thought of it as some random thingy. Though I forgot that it's classified as the Land Snake Pokémon

Anyway, I thought I should do a poké-count again since the main site included the pokémon from the movie trailer (Grimer & Muk, Zangoose, Seviper). So if we count them, there are now only 97 pokémon left to be added to the pokédex

I know there aren't any confirmation or what-so-ever, I have a feeling the Elekid line will be included too, based on the Magby...

but Jheeze 97 already... I wonder who this special number would include...

FE21

Yeah nature gets so boring what with all these Gardeners, Cobras, Coral, and Rattles all being based off of snakes...

You might wanna remember that just like nature has different species of the same animal so does Pokemon, heck none of the serpentine pokemon lines are based on the same snake

Ekans and Arbok are Rattlesnakes and Cobras
Seviper is a viper
Snivy's line is based on Garden snakes and boas (hence the lack of Poison moves like Poison Fang and Poison Tail)

Nature's incredibly boring. That's why I play video games insted of bug catching (1 brownie point to anyone (so everyone) who can tell me why I used that as an example). I still would like a little more variation in pokemon. Even if they are based on different species, I assume most people think of the snakes as snakes. Just an opinion.

johno1995

Bored as ever. Compiled my own 'Unova Dex'...

00. Victini (Psychic/Fire)
01. Snivy (Grass)
02. Servine (Grass)
03. Serperior (Grass)
04. Tepig (Fire)
05. Pignite (Fire/Fighting)
06. Emboar (Fire/Fighting)
07. Oshawott (Water)
08. Dewott (Water)
09. Samurott (Water)
10. Patrat (Normal)
11. Watchog (Normal)
12. Lillipup (Normal)
13. Herdier (Normal)
14. Stoutland (Normal)
15. Purrloin (Dark)
16. Liepard (Dark)
17. Pansage (Grass)
18. Simisage (Grass)
19. Pansear (Fire)
20. Simisear (Fire)
21. Panpour (Water)
22. Simipour (Water)
23. Munna (Psychic)
24. Musharna (Psychic)
25. Mareep (Electric)
26. Flaaffy (Electric)
27. Ampharos (Electric)
28. Psyduck (Water)
29. Golduck (Water)
30. Azurill (Normal)
31. Marill (Water)
32. Azumarill (Water)
33. Riolu (Fighting)
34. Lucario (Fighting/Steel)
35. Pidove (Normal/Flying)
36. Tranquill (Normal/Flying)
37. Unfezant (Normal/Flying)
38. Sunkern (Grass)
39. Sunflora (Grass)
40. Blitzle (Electric)
41. Zebstrika (Electric)
42. Roggenrola (Rock)
43. Boldore (Rock)
44. Gigalith (Rock)
45. Woobat (Psychic/Flying)
46. Swoobat (Psychic/Flying)
47. Swablu (Normal/Flying)
48. Altaria (Dragon/Flying)
49. Zangoose (Normal)
50. Seviper (Poison)
51. Growlithe (Fire)
52. Arcanine (Fire)
53. Drilbur (Ground)
54. Excadrill (Ground/Steel)
55. Audino (Normal)
56. Igglybuff (Normal)
57. Jigglypuff (Normal)
58. Wigglytuff (Normal)
59. Timburr (Fighting)
60. Gurdurr (Fighting)
61. Conkeldurr (Fighting)
62. Tympole (Water)
63. Palpitoad (Water/Ground)
64. Seismitoad (Water/Ground)
65. Whismur (Normal)
66. Loudred (Normal)
67. Exploud (Normal)
68. Throh (Fighting)
69. Sawk (Fighting)
70. Sewaddle (Bug/Grass)
71. Swadloon (Bug/Grass)
72. Leavanny (Bug/Grass)
73. Venipede (Bug/Poison)
74. Whirlipede (Bug/Poison)
75. Scolipede (Bug/Poison)
76. Combee (Bug/Flying)
77. Vespiquen (Bug/Flying)
78. Cherubi (Grass)
79. Cherrim (Grass)
80. Cottonee (Grass)
81. Whimsicott (Grass)
82. Petilil (Grass)
83. Lilligant (Grass)
84. Basculin (Water)
85. Magikarp (Water)
86. Gyarados (Water/Flying)
87. Sandile (Ground/Dark)
88. Krokorok (Ground/Dark)
89. Krookodile (Ground/Dark)
90. Zubat (Poison/Flying)
91. Golbat (Poison/Flying)
92. Crobat (Poison/Flying)
93. Rhyhorn (Ground/Rock)
94. Rhydon (Ground/Rock)
95. Rhyperior (Ground/Rock)
96. Darumaka (Fire)
97. Darmanitan (Fire)
98. Maractus (Grass)
99. Dwebble (Bug/Rock)
100. Crustle (Bug/Rock)
101. Scraggy (Dark/Fighting)
102. Scrafty (Dark/Fighting)
103. Mankey (Fighting)
104. Primeape (Fighting)
105. Gligar (Ground/Flying)
106. Gliscor (Ground/Flying)
107. Croagunk (Poison/Fighting)
108. Toxicroak (Poison/Fighting)
109. Sigilyph (Psychic/Flying)
110. Yamask (Ghost)
111. Cofagrigus (Ghost)
112. Drifloon (Ghost/Flying)
113. Drifblim (Ghost/Flying)
114. Koffing (Poison)
115. Weezing (Poison)
116. Tirtuoga (Water/Rock)
117. Carracosta (Water/Rock)
118. Archen (Rock/Flying)
119. Archeops (Rock/Flying)
120. Trubbish (Poison)
121. Garbodor (Poison)
122. Zorua (Dark)
123. Zoroark (Dark)
124. Minccino (Normal)
125. Cinccino (Normal)
126. Pichu (Electric)
127. Pikachu (Electric)
128. Raichu (Electric)
129. Wynaut (Psychic)
130. Wobbuffet (Psychic)
131. Elekid (Electric)
132. Electabuzz (Electric)
133. Electivire (Electric)
134. Magby (Fire)
135. Magmar (Fire)
136. Magmortar (Fire)
137. Gothita (Psychic)
138. Gothorita (Psychic)
139. Gothitelle (Psychic)
140. Solosis (Psychic)
141. Duosion (Psychic)
142. Reuniclus (Psychic)
143. Nosepass (Rock)
144. Probopass (Rock/Steel)
145. Swinub (Ground/Ice)
146. Piloswine (Ground/Ice)
147. Mamoswine (Ground/Ice)
148. Wingull (Water/Flying)
149. Pelipper (Water/Flying)
150. Ducklett (Water/Flying)
151. Swanna (Water/Flying)
152. Vanillite (Ice)
153. Vanillish (Ice)
154. Vanilluxe (Ice)
155. Deerling (Normal/Grass)
156. Sawsbuck (Normal/Grass)
157. Pachirisu (Electric)
158. Emolga (Electric/Flying)
159. Abra (Psychic)
160. Kadabra (Psychic)
161. Alakazam (Psychic)
162. Buneary (Normal)
163. Lopunny (Normal)
164. Karrablast (Bug)
165. Escavalier (Bug/Steel)
166. Foongus (Grass/Poison)
167. Amonguss (Grass/Poison)
168. Frillish (Water/Ghost)
169. Jellicent (Water/Ghost)
170. Buizel (Water)
171. Floatzel (Water)
172. Alomomola (Water)
173. Remoraid (Water)
174. Octillery (Water)
175. Mantyke (Water/Flying)
176. Mantine (Water/Flying)
177. Joltik (Bug/Electric)
178. Galvantula (Bug/Electric)
179. Ferroseed (Grass/Steel)
180. Ferrothorn (Grass/Steel)
181. Magnemite (Electric/Steel)
182. Magneton (Electric/Steel)
183. Magnezone (Electric/Steel)
184. Klink (Steel)
185. Klang (Steel)
186. Klinklang (Steel)
187. Tynamo (Electric)
188. Eelektrik (Electric)
189. Eelektross (Electric)
190. Elgyem (Psychic)
191. Beheeyem (Psychic)
192. Litwick (Ghost/Fire)
193. Lampent (Ghost/Fire)
194. Chandelure (Ghost/Fire)
195. Axew (Dragon)
196. Fraxure (Dragon)
197. Haxorus (Dragon)
198. Tornadus (Flying)
199. Thundurus (Electric/Flying)
200. Landorus (Ground/Flying)
201. Eevee (Normal)
202. Vaporeon (Water)
203. Jolteon (Electric)
204. Flareon (Fire)
205. Espeon (Psychic)
206. Umbreon (Dark)
207. Leafeon (Grass)
208. Glaceon (Ice)
209. Cubchoo (Ice)
210. Beartic (Ice)
211. Cryogonal (Ice)
212. Sneasel (Dark/Ice)
213. Weavile (Dark/Ice)
215. Togepi (Normal)
216. Togetic (Normal/Flying)
217. Togekiss (Normal/Flying)
218. Oddish (Grass/Poison)
219. Gloom (Grass/Poison)
220. Vileplume (Grass/Poison)
221. Bellossom (Grass)
222. Shelmet (Bug)
223. Accelgor (Bug)
224. Tyrogue (Fighting)
225. Hitmonlee (Fighting)
226. Hitmonchan (Fighting)
227. Hitmontop (Fighting)
228. Stunfisk (Ground/Electric)
229. Phanpy (Ground)
230. Donphan (Ground)
231. Mienfoo (Fighting)
232. Mienshao (Fighting)
234. Druddigon (Dragon)
235. Golett (Ground/Ghost)
236. Golurk (Ground/Ghost)
237. Shuppet (Ghost)
238. Banette (Ghost)
239. Pawniard (Dark/Steel)
240. Bisharp (Dark/Steel)
241. Bouffalant (Normal)
242. Rufflet (Normal/Flying)
243. Braviary (Normal/Flying)
244. Vullaby (Dark/Flying)
245. Mandibuzz (Dark/Flying)
246. Heatmor (Fire)
247. Durant (Bug/Steel)
248. Spheal (Water/Ice)
249. Sealeo (Water/Ice)
250. Walrein (Water/Ice)
251. Deino (Dark/Dragon)
252. Zweilous (Dark/Dragon)
253. Hydreigon (Dark/Dragon)
254. Larvitar (Rock/Ground)
255. Pupitar (Rock/Ground)
256. Tyranitar (Rock/Dark)
257. Feebas (Water)
258. Milotic (Water)
259. Skarmory (Steel/Flying)
260. Skorupi (Poison/Bug)
261. Drapion (Poison/Dark)
262. Beldum (Steel/Psychic)
263. Metang (Steel/Psychic)
264. Metagross (Steel/Psychic)
265. Gible (Dragon/Ground)
266. Gabite (Dragon/Ground)
267. Garchomp (Dragon/Ground)
268. Dratini (Dragon)
269. Dragonair (Dragon)
270. Dragonite (Dragon/Flying)
271. Snover (Grass/Ice)
272. Abomasnow (Grass/Ice)
273. Ralts (Psychic)
274. Kirlia (Psychic)
275. Gardevoir (Psychic)
276. Gallade (Psychic/Fighting)
277. Lapras (Water/Ice)
278. Kecleon (Normal)
279. Slowpoke (Water/Psychic)
280. Slowbro (Water/Psychic)
281. Slowking (Water/Psychic)
282. Spoink (Psychic)
283. Grumpig (Psychic)
284. Carnivine (Grass)
285. Absol (Dark)
286. Yanma (Bug/Flying)
287. Yanmega (Bug/Flying)
288. Larvesta (Bug/Fire)
289. Volcarona (Bug/Fire)
290. Spiritomb (Ghost/Dark)
291. Rotom (Ghost/Electric, Ghost/Ice, Ghost/Fire, Ghost/Grass, Ghost/Water, Ghost/Flying)
292. Reshiram (Dragon/Fire)
293. Zekrom (Dragon/Electric)
294. Kyurem (Dragon/Ice)
295. Cobalion (Steel/Fighting)
296. Terrakion (Rock/Fighting)
297. Virizion (Grass/Fighting)
298. Keldeo (Water/Fighting)
299. Meloetta (Normal/Psychic --> Normal/Fighting)
300. Genesect (Bug/Steel)

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Do you think Feebas's line will be added because of how generation V introduced the Prism Scale?

Also, just out of curiosity, how many people used Milotic outside of contests if they do add it?

Last edited:

johno1995

Do you think Feebas's line will be added because of how generation V introduced the Prism Scale?

I think that's a good possibility.

The Magnezone line (who got Chargestone Cave as a new evolution method) is in, I'd like to think the other lines with new methods of evolution -- like the Nosepass & Feebas lines -- are in too.

I think that's a good possibility.

The Magnezone line (who got Chargestone Cave as a new evolution method) is in, I'd like to think the other lines with new methods of evolution -- like the Nosepass & Feebas lines -- are in too.

Well Pokemon like Magnemite and Nosepass need to evolve in a certain place. Feebas only needs a Prism Scale. Though I can see Feebas making it in, from fishing of course.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Nature's incredibly boring. That's why I play video games insted of bug catching (1 brownie point to anyone (so everyone) who can tell me why I used that as an example). I still would like a little more variation in pokemon. Even if they are based on different species, I assume most people think of the snakes as snakes. Just an opinion.

+1 brownie point plox b/c the original creator of the games based it off of his hobby of bug catching.

kemal07

Also, just out of curiosity, how many people used Milotic outside of contests if they do add it?

This is actually a really good point... I completely forgot about the Prism Scale... I think Feebas/Milotic may indeed have a high chance of making it into the new Unova Dex...

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
This is actually a really good point... I completely forgot about the Prism Scale... I think Feebas/Milotic may indeed have a high chance of making it into the new Unova Dex...

I hope so, because I'm considering having either Milotic or Mantine as my secondary Water-type via trading an egg from my White version, the only thing is I'm not sure how useful they are in battle, or if they're basically generic pokémon that most wifi trainers have

Brave Birdy

Another problem is that pokemon are being based off the same animals and other things (like Ekans/Arbok, Dunspare(?), Seviper, Snivy/Servine/Serperior, and now Thunderous are all based off of snakes). It just doesn't mix well when you have so many of the "same" pokemon over and over, especailly in the same region. I have doubts, but who knows?

I actually like this about having such a large regional dex. I feel like it makes things more interesting. For example, now when going through caves we can run into the Zubat, Woobat, Geodude, AND Roggenrola lines. It adds so much more diversity and keeps things feeling fresh throughout the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.