• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Expanded Pokedex Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokechan

The weird thing is that it seems it was very specific, baffling work.
Things like Yanma, Jigglypuff & Lickitung were both on route 14 and were specifically removed to post game area because ??? when they could have just left them alone. Other later areas also had their Pokemon taken away for little reason. Route 15 in particular is fascinating because Marowak & Kangaskhan were both removed despite the route still being in the post-game anyway (Fearow became a swarm [which I'm fine with but that's neither here nor there]).

Going in and removing/altering the pokemon found on certain routes sounds like it would take more time to do than just leaving them as they were and altering levels accordingly....so why not just be lazy and leave them alone (beyond levels)?

I wish gamefreak would talk about their decisions on pokemon distribution. Dumb, baffling, or infuriating (well, to some people) as they may be it would be nice to know their thought processes.

Gamefreak really should talk about their decisions on Pokemon distribution. The way they did the distribution in this game was lazy work. From what I saw on the Serebii dex some areas have no Unova Pokemon at all while some routes have all Unova Pokemon. The fact that there is no day care until post game sort of baffles me as well because what is BW2's excuse? They could have and should have added more thought while they were developing this game.

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
So I was wondering which Pokémon species have made unavailable through any methods including events for Gen V, so here it is, using B2W2 unobtainable list:

Ekans-Arbok
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Mew
Chikorita-Bayleef-Meganium
Cyndaquil-Quilava-Typhlosion
Totodile-Croconaw-Feraligatr
Unown
Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Celebi
Nincada-Ninjask/Shedinja
Jirachi
Deoxys
Phione
Manaphy

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
So I was wondering which Pokémon species have made unavailable through any methods including events for Gen V, so here it is, using B2W2 unobtainable list:

Ekans-Arbok
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Unown
Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Celebi
Nincada-Ninjask/Shedinja
Jirachi
Deoxys
Phione
Manaphy

I don't think you can count events, or at least not the ones that aren't worldwide.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I don't think you can count events, or at least not the ones that aren't worldwide.

Well in that case:

Bulbasaur-Ivysaur-Venusaur
Charmander-Charmeleon-Charizard
Squirtle-Wartortle- Blastoise

Ekans-Arbok
Pichu-Pikachu-Raichu
Zapdos
Moltres
Articuno
Mew
Unown
Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Celebi
Treecko-Grovyle-Sceptile
Torchic-Combusken-Blaziken
Mudkip-Marshtomp-Swampert

Nincada-Ninjask/Shedinja
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza

Jirachi
Deoxys
Phione
Manaphy
Shaymin

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Well in that case:

Bulbasaur-Ivysaur-Venusaur
Charmander-Charmeleon-Charizard
Squirtle-Wartortle- Blastoise

Ekans-Arbok
Pichu-Pikachu-Raichu
Zapdos
Moltres
Articuno
Mew
Unown
Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Celebi
Treecko-Grovyle-Sceptile
Torchic-Combusken-Blaziken
Mudkip-Marshtomp-Swampert

Nincada-Ninjask/Shedinja
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza

Jirachi
Deoxys
Phione
Manaphy
Shaymin

Yeah, that looks about right. Most of these should've been made available in BW2 postgame (and maybe a few other rare ones from White Forest, Dream World, Dream Radar, etc.). I think this would be a pretty good list:

Pikachu- Rt. 3
Kirlia- Rt. 2, Dreamyard
Nincada- Pinwheel Forest Outside
Silcoon/Cascoon- Pinwheel Forest Inside (both would be available, but one would be a version exclusive caught normally, while the other would be caught by Shaking Spot. Like Sawk and Throh.)
Wormadam- Pinwheel Forest Inside
Mothim- Pinwheel Forest Inside
Scyther- Pinwheel Forest Inside, Rt. 18
Arbok- Rt. 18
Machoke- Pinwheel Forest Outside, Rt. 15
Luxio- Rt. 3
Linoone- Rt. 1-3
Pidgeot- Rt. 1-3
Staravia- Rt. 1-3
Tauros- Rt. 3
Miltank- Rt. 3
Loudred- Wellspring Cave
Tentacruel- Rt. 17
Rhydon- Clay Road, Rt. 15
Dugtrio- Clay Road
Unown- Underground Ruins
Snorunt- Twist Mountain
Masquerain- Moor of Icirrus
Shelgon- Dragonspiral Tower
Torkoal- Rt. 15
Electrode- P2 Laboratory
Porygon- P2 Laboratory

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Don't forget about the Creation Trio.

They and Lugia and Ho-oh available through the Dream Radar, although you need copies of the respective 4th gen game to unlock them (so they probably should be on that list actually). Frankly, IDK how to fit anymore legendaries in, after that point it feels like they're cramming them in to random places.

R_N

It's still so weird that they went out of their way not to make the Pikachu line readily available anywhere in 5th gen.
Not in the wild in BW1.
Not in the wild in BW2.
Not in White Forest.
Not in either version of the Dream World.
Not in Dream Radar.
Not an in-game trade in either set; not even the Ruri/Tetsu sequence!

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
It's still so weird that they went out of their way not to make the Pikachu line readily available anywhere in 5th gen.
Not in the wild in BW1.
Not in the wild in BW2.
Not in White Forest.
Not in either version of the Dream World.
Not in Dream Radar.
Not an in-game trade in either set; not even the Ruri/Tetsu sequence!

$50 says that if they bothered putting more thought into BW2's Pokemon distribution, they probably would've put it in post game. It's not too late, though, they could still put it in a new DW area. Isn't there supposed to be a new park area coming out sometime?

R_N

$50 says that if they bothered putting more thought into BW2's Pokemon distribution, they probably would've put it in post game.

no because otherwise they would have put it in the game to begin with
you don't just "overlook" the series mascot when looking at pokemon to put in your game

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
no because otherwise they would have put it in the game to begin with
you don't just "overlook" the series mascot when looking at pokemon to put in your game

IDK, they've made some pretty stupid decisions in this game. It wouldn't surprise me. And you said it yourself, it's baffling as to why it isn't.

R_N

IDK, they've made some pretty stupid decisions in this game. It wouldn't surprise me. And you said it yourself, it's baffling as to why it isn't.

Yeah it's weird, but it's so specific there had to be some reason
Maybe to exaggerate the point of it being so far away from other regions or something?

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
Because GF wants to do things unexpected. Throwing in a ton of Legends. Closing off Challenger's Cave and Route 10, making Icirrus City inaccesible until post-game, putting the freaking Day Care post-game, give us shinies, etc.

The point is, GF wanted to break the molds placed by previous games, not putting Geodude and Machop in, and no Pickachu! I'm kind of just hoping for a Dream World Event with a Pickachu and Light Ball since right niw the only way to get Volt Tackle is by PokeTransfering.

R_N

Because GF wants to do things unexpected. Throwing in a ton of Legends. Closing off Challenger's Cave and Route 10, making Icirrus City inaccesible until post-game, putting the freaking Day Care post-game, give us shinies, etc.

The point is, GF wanted to break the molds placed by previous games, not putting Geodude and Machop in, and no Pickachu! I'm kind of just hoping for a Dream World Event with a Pickachu and Light Ball since right niw the only way to get Volt Tackle is by PokeTransfering.

Sing Lightning Rod Pikachu (which was also female) held a light ball

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
You wanted a Pikachu with Light Ball for 5th gen and a Pikachu with Light Ball there was

Can entree Pokemon hold items? Because then the upcoming Pikachu can also hold it.

Ok, ok, you got me. But idk if they can, I don't think we've had an instance of that.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Yeah it's weird, but it's so specific there had to be some reason
Maybe to exaggerate the point of it being so far away from other regions or something?

Then why add in non Unovan Pokemon at all?

making Icirrus City inaccesible until post-game

That's not really that surprising. You typically don't catch the first two games' mascots until post game, and Dragonspiral Tower is the most logical place to catch them. So it's not that much of a stretch to believe the areas around it would also be post game.

putting the freaking Day Care post-game

While that is unexpected, it's unexpected because the Day Care is so crucial to the gameplay. They should've moved it.

give us shinies

Red Gyarados says hi.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
@Bolt But Red Gyrados was a plot point since it was said to be a forced evolution from Magikarp to Gyarados not a natural shining, but it's shiny anyways. I'm meaning like basically just handing us a shiny gible/dratini and putting shiny Haxorus(EPIC!) on a silver platter basically, and they're not plot points.

Status
Not open for further replies.