• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Expanded Pokedex Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

I really wish people would stop saying the Shiny Gible/Dratini & Haxorus are just "handed to you" like it's such a simple task

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I really wish people would stop saying the Shiny Gible/Dratini & Haxorus are just "handed to you" like it's such a simple task

This. I like that this time, even though you're given shinies, you have to earn them. It's a lot more fair that way.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter

Well you have to look from a perspective of a Shiny Hunter. You can hunt for days/weeks for a certain shiny then finally get it. The Shiny Gible/Dratini and Haxorus are like they're handed to us. Yes we know it's a task to get them but still..

R_N

Well you have to look from a perspective of a Shiny Hunter. You can hunt for days/weeks for a certain shiny then finally get it. The Shiny Gible/Dratini and Haxorus are like they're handed to us. Yes we know it's a task to get them but still..
Look at it from the perspective of an average player.
You still have to work, yes possibly even days and weeks, to get through those areas. To see all those pokemon.

Krainz

I want to see you getting to the last floor, earning the Gible/Dratini and saying it was "simply handed over". I REALLY do.

R_N

I want to see you getting to the last floor, earning the Gible/Dratini and saying it was "simply handed over". I REALLY do.

I mean maybe if you go at it with a high leveled uber, but you're still putting a fair amount of time into the thing

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
Yes, I KNOW it takes a lot to get to Panjirou but compared to wild shinies it's easier to get shiny gible/dratini and haxorus. And Krainz stop acting all snarky and rude when someone says something you don't agree with. If you're going to say something mean, don't say it. It's wrong to gang up on someone.

Grey Wind

It took me like a year to complete the regional dex in Sapphire (granted, I was nine and there was not GTS, but still). Maybe Gible/Dratini are easier, but yeah, it's a lot of work to get that shiny Haxorus.

Yeah it's weird, but it's so specific there had to be some reason
Maybe to exaggerate the point of it being so far away from other regions or something?
I sort of guess that it could be so that they can milk Pikachu events for all they're worth because you can't get one in-game, but looking at the event database there doesn't seem to be any more than normal. They probably just wanted to make Unova different. Or something.

Then again, for the series mascot they've always been pretty rare. Only available in Viridian Forest in RBYGSC, only available in the Safari Zone in RSE, and only available in the Trophy Garden in DPPt.

Yes, I KNOW it takes a lot to get to Panjirou but compared to wild shinies it's easier to get shiny gible/dratini and haxorus.
So what? I honestly don't understand your problem with shinies being made available more easily. Yeah, if you spent ages and ages looking for a shiny Axew and finally got one, it might piss you off a little bit that everyone who completes the regional dex can get one too, but unless it's a scenario like that, there's really no problem.

Reddyll

I love that the producers decided to use this, i definitely agree with this new pokedex concept and i think they should keep using it for future upcoming pokemon games. The downside will be to pick a team, there will be too many good pokemons to use. We will probably need a rotational team. But, still this is awesome i cant wait to use Butterfree :p (DONT JUDGE, ITS EPIC)

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I sort of guess that it could be so that they can milk Pikachu events for all they're worth because you can't get one in-game, but looking at the event database there doesn't seem to be any more than normal. They probably just wanted to make Unova different. Or something.

There hasn't been a single worldwide Pikachu event 5th gen. Not one.

Then again, for the series mascot they've always been pretty rare. Only available in Viridian Forest in RBYGSC, only available in the Safari Zone in RSE, and only available in the Trophy Garden in DPPt.

They weren't all that rare in the Trophy Garden. Even so, at least they were present in those games, 5th gen they're nowhere to be found.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
It took me like a year to complete the regional dex in Sapphire (granted, I was nine and there was not GTS, but still). Maybe Gible/Dratini are easier, but yeah, it's a lot of work to get that shiny Haxorus.

So what? I honestly don't understand your problem with shinies being made available more easily. Yeah, if you spent ages and ages looking for a shiny Axew and finally got one, it might piss you off a little bit that everyone who completes the regional dex can get one too, but unless it's a scenario like that, there's really no problem.

I don't have a problem with it? I love it. I was just saying that while it takes a long time to get them they are still handed to us, Panjirou gives us Shiny Gible/Dratini and Shiny Haxorus is just sitting in the Nature Sanctuary.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I don't have a problem with it? I love it. I was just saying that while it takes a long time to get them they are still handed to us, Panjirou gives us Shiny Gible/Dratini and Shiny Haxorus is just sitting in the Nature Sanctuary.

So why are you against being rewarded with something that's normally rare and time consuming to catch by completing a task that is only slightly less time consuming?

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
When is the earliest that a Corphish and Trapinch can be caught?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
When is the earliest that a Corphish and Trapinch can be caught?

Corphish isn't until post game, unfortunately. Trapinch can be caught in Resort Desert, although it's pretty rare (some people have complained about it being too rare, in fact). You can also catch Trapinch in Rebirth Mountain, although that's fairly late as well.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
At least you can still get Ralts, even if it's post game and through a ridiculously long process.

If you have a 3DS, you can get a Ralts from the Dream Radar.

I would have added the Dratini family...

The Dratini family is obtainable post-game. But I think, even if it is included in the regional dex, I don't think they'll be obtainable right away.
Wherever they plan to put it, pre or post-game, it would still require fishing....

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
The Dratini family is obtainable post-game. But I think, even if it is included in the regional dex, I don't think they'll be obtainable right away.
Wherever they plan to put it, pre or post-game, it would still require fishing....

Or Surfing.

I don't think they'll ever need to have the fishing rod until post game anymore, though. Now that we have Surfing Spots, we can put most of the fishing Pokemon there and save the fishing until post game and use it for National Dex Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.