• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Expanded Pokedex Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Corphish isn't until post game, unfortunately. Trapinch can be caught in Resort Desert, although it's pretty rare (some people have complained about it being too rare, in fact). You can also catch Trapinch in Rebirth Mountain, although that's fairly late as well.

*shrieks*

Thanks. The frustrating thing about this game seems to be that many Pokemon are only available late game.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
*shrieks*

Thanks. The frustrating thing about this game seems to be that many Pokemon are only available late game.

Yep, that's one of the biggest flaws in this game. See my team in my sig? 4/6 of those are caught near the end of the game.

rocky505

Now if these games were longer than the usual Pokemon game with like 2 regions then I would understand why some of the Pokemon were post game but no that didn't happen.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Now if these games were longer than the usual Pokemon game with like 2 regions then I would understand why some of the Pokemon were post game but no that didn't happen.

Yeah, but it's still ridiculous if you can't find Pokemon native to that region in the actual region.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
Yeah, but it's still ridiculous if you can't find Pokemon native to that region in the actual region.

Yeah. I think Lucario and Riolu is native to Unova but was introduced in 4th gen because think about it, you can't even catch wild Riolu in Sinnoh. The same for the Metagross line, you can't catch them anywhere in Hoenn. I think they are native to Unova as well but was introduced in 3rd Gen.

I think there are more Pokemon like this but I can't seem to remember them.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Yeah. I think Lucario and Riolu is native to Unova but was introduced in 4th gen because think about it, you can't even catch wild Riolu in Sinnoh. The same for the Metagross line, you can't catch them anywhere in Hoenn. I think they are native to Unova as well but was introduced in 3rd Gen.

I think there are more Pokemon like this but I can't seem to remember them.

That's not what I meant by "native", I was referring to 5th gen Pokemon. Whether or not Pokemon like Riolu and Metagross are Unova natives is debatable.

rocky505

Metagross line would be native to sinnoh if it goes that way.

Krainz

I don't think Riolu belongs to Unova. First off, you find him in a ranch, full with pokémon from other regions. Second, he is rare in there. In his native place he should be at least common.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~

You can find wild Metagross lined Pokemon in Sinnoh?

I don't think Riolu belongs to Unova. First off, you find him in a ranch, full with pokémon from other regions. Second, he is rare in there. In his native place he should be at least common.

Well native means "Associated with the country, region, or circumstances of a person's birth" or in this case "Associated with the region, or circumstances of a Pokemon's birth"

So even if it is rare to find it, you can still only find it in Unova.

Last edited:

Chaos Rush

Not quite. Beldum can only be found as a swarm, meaning it's not normally there. And not only that, but the Battle Zone (that's the official name of the postgame island in D/P/Pt, also where the Beldum swarm occurs) is not actually part of the Sinnoh region. The NPC's on the Battle Zone all refer to Sinnoh as a separate region from them.

Last edited:

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
So you would say Mareeps are native to Unova as well?

For now.

Yeah. Mareep are native to Jhoto and Unova. But I am not sure if you can find it in the other regions. I don't remember other games wild Pokemon by heart.

Not quite. Beldum can only be found as a swarm, meaning it's not normally there. And not only that, but the Battle Zone (that's the official name of the postgame island in D/P/Pt, also where the Beldum swarm occurs) is not actually part of the Sinnoh region. The NPC's on the Battleground all refer to Sinnoh as a separate region from them.

So swarms don't count? Then that means Tyrogue and it's evolution's is not native to any region! :O

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
So swarms don't count? Then that means Tyrogue and it's evolution's is not native to any region! :O

This is why it's a complex issue trying to claim whether or not a Pokemon is "native" to a certain region, because even the Pokemon that are supposed to be native to that region (based on generation), aren't catchable. But whether or not they're catchable in the game doesn't mean much, for all we know there's some area in the region we've never been able to go to before where you can find that Pokemon. It's not just about what's catchable and what isn't.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
This is why it's a complex issue trying to claim whether or not a Pokemon is "native" to a certain region, because even the Pokemon that are supposed to be native to that region (based on generation), aren't catchable. But whether or not they're catchable in the game doesn't mean much, for all we know there's some area in the region we've never been able to go to before where you can find that Pokemon. It's not just about what's catchable and what isn't.

You do have a point. We don't exactly explore each region to it's fullest. They should make a guide talking about the Pokemon's natural habitat. Like how some Pokemon are better in warmer climates so they would most likely be native Hoenn as opposed to say Sinnoh.

Aegon

I don't think Riolu belongs to Unova. First off, you find him in a ranch, full with pokémon from other regions.
Challenger's Cave is a better example. Regardless, Riolu is native to Unova and cannot be found in the wild in any other region.

Second, he is rare in there. In his native place he should be at least common.
Why, exactly? Its rarity is wholly irrelevant; it's still available in the wild.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Challenger's Cave is a better example. Regardless, Riolu is native to Unova and cannot be found in the wild in any other region.

You can't say that for sure. How do you know there's not some random area in those regions where Riolu can be caught that we just don't have access to in the games? Just because we don't know where to catch one doesn't mean it isn't there. The fact that you can't catch one yourself in DPPt is a design decision meant to make it rare, it's in the Sinnoh Dex so that's enough to say that Riolu is a Sinnoh native. Whether or not Riolu is a Unova native is a trickier issue, though, the only true natives to the region are 5th gen Pokemon, for the rest it's a bit up in the air. Especially in Unova's case since we have a somewhat reasonable explanation why the others may not be native (a Pokemon Ranger explains that she's looking for Pokemon that may have escaped the Poketransfer Lab. It's not unlikely then, that the wild Pokemon population in East Unova is made up of Poketransfer escapees that have settled in those areas. The fact that non Unovan Pokemon populate other areas of Unova in BW2 may be a result of such Pokemon spreading into other areas over the last 2 years).

Status
Not open for further replies.