• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
The information of the Bulbs could be redacted in light of new information.

There could be a new Welsh inspired mini-region, which I'm sure they'd edit accordingly.

Bus

Is it too hopeful/naive on my part to want 'the other half' of the fossils? Like, actual 'correct' pairings for them instead of the lovable frankenstein monstrosities we have now?

Don't get me wrong, I do like the fossils we have, but with two new 'regions', the dex being expanded, new Galarian variants, and a few new Legendary pokemon (in the psychic bobblehead goat and Kung Fu Panda), I was hoping maybe we'd see other fossil pieces that would allow us the option to assemble them as they were. Though I suppose that would actually bump our fossil total up to 8 for this gen would may be a bit much lol. It'd be like making up for the fact that Gen 2 and 7 had no fossils by going overboard here.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I really hope we get more “regular” new Pokémon and not just legends & regional forms.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
In before we do get new Pokemon, but those Pokemon just turn out to be cross gen evolutions for regional variants (please don't do this again GF).

Something I'm hoping for is a few G-Max forms for non Gen 1, non Gen 8 Pokemon. Even the ones revealed recently are for Gen 1 (Venusaur and Blastoise) and Gen 8 (Rillaboom, Cinderace, Inteleon and Urshifu) Pokemon. Right now, Garbodor and Melmetal are the only non Gen 1 and 8 Pokemon to have G-Max forms (and even then, the latter is a Mythical so it'll barely see use anyway), so it'll be nice to see a few more, even it it's small.

Bus

In before we do get new Pokemon, but those Pokemon just turn out to be cross gen evolutions for regional variants (please don't do this again GF).

Something I'm hoping for is a few G-Max forms for non Gen 1, non Gen 8 Pokemon. Even the ones revealed recently are for Gen 1 (Venusaur and Blastoise) and Gen 8 (Rillaboom, Cinderace, Inteleon and Urshifu) Pokemon. Right now, Garbodor and Melmetal are the only non Gen 1 and 8 Pokemon to have G-Max forms (and even then, the latter is a Mythical so it'll barely see use anyway), so it'll be nice to see a few more, even it it's small.
Not gonna lie, I'd accept regional evolutions again lol. Especially for pokemon that seemed to have been forgotten to time like Seel & Dewgong. I dont think those two have ever been relevant, but I've always liked their designs.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Not gonna lie, I'd accept regional evolutions again lol. Especially for pokemon that seemed to have been forgotten to time like Seel & Dewgong. I dont think those two have ever been relevant, but I've always liked their designs.
I'm down for more regional evolutions, a lot of the Galar ones make the older Pokemon so much better. I've never cared about the original Farfetch'd, and the Galar regional variant on its own is nothing to write home about, but Sirfetch'd is awesome and I loved using it. If new regional evolutions significantly improve an otherwise "meh" Pokemon, I'll happily accept more of them.

Orphalesion

I quite like the idea of the Regional Evolutions. I particularly liked Cursola (and I was kinda miffed G Rapidash didn't get a stone evolution or something to help with the stats and all...).
I'd love to see more in the expansions. Like...idk...imagine an Electric/Water G. Lumineon with a regional evolution....

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
While I’m really hoping we’ll get a decent amount of new regional variants & cross-gen evolutions, I still wouldn’t hold my breath since we didn’t get any new Alola forms in USUM. Yes I know we have Galarian forms for the legendary birds & the Slowpoke line, but I’m still not convinced we’ll get anything else (even though I really want to be proven wrong).

Anyway, as far as old Pokémon returning, the only ones I’m really hoping will show up in the Isle of Armor are the Bellsprout line, the Blitzle line, Pinsir, and the Sandile line.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Is it too hopeful/naive on my part to want 'the other half' of the fossils? Like, actual 'correct' pairings for them instead of the lovable frankenstein monstrosities we have now?

I would say probably not happening. The sole purpose of the fossils is their hybridization gimmick, and I don't think it would make much sense to have them appear without it. And bluntly, I'm not sure the Pokémon would look all that interesting with the correct pieces. From what we can see, all four of them look very generic.

Though I suppose that would actually bump our fossil total up to 8 for this gen would may be a bit much lol.

It would actually be a lot more than that. In addition to adding the four "proper" Pokémon, it would also be introducing other hybrid combinations. There would now be four "top" fossils, and each of those four fossils could be combined with one of the four "bottom" fossils, allowing for a total of 16 possible combinations. So unless they just want to say that the new fossils can only be merged with their proper counterpart, then we're getting into some crazy numbers.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I quite like the idea of the Regional Evolutions. I particularly liked Cursola (and I was kinda miffed G Rapidash didn't get a stone evolution or something to help with the stats and all...).
I'd love to see more in the expansions. Like...idk...imagine an Electric/Water G. Lumineon with a regional evolution....

Though we're probably not going to see major changes to Abilities done mid-generation, I saw an idea proposed on TV Tropes that Illuminate could be changed to provide the Pokémon with a perpetual "center of attention" status, a sort of passive Follow Me. With the right limitations (like working only if you're not using Protect, Detect, Endure or other such related moves), it should allow everything with Illuminate to keep up with the top threats, at least in double battles. Starmie could become too powerful with it though.

Anyway, as far as old Pokémon returning, the only ones I’m really hoping will show up in the Isle of Armor are the Bellsprout line, the Blitzle line, and the Sandile line.

Me, the ones I want to see the most are Carbink (the Alola games tied Sableye to Carbink, so it was odd to see Sableye in this game without Carbink), Gogoat (Max Overgrowth should allow Gogoat to make better use of Grassy Pelt), and Oricorio (just because it's a longshot due to being mostly forgotten and heavily connected to the region where it debuted). Maybe the Lileep line too, because I always liked using Cradily online.

Luthor

For me the ones I really want to become usable are ones which have an Alolan Variant but not yet avaible in game becuase the base form isn't there. So far we've seen the Alolan variant of Meowth (and i suspect it will become usable in game after pokemon home) in game but there's a lot of Pokemon like Golem or Raticate which have an Alolan form and a Regular form. Adding those Pokemon in game essentially gives two Pokemon for the price of one.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
For me the ones I really want to become usable are ones which have an Alolan Variant but not yet avaible in game becuase the base form isn't there. So far we've seen the Alolan variant of Meowth (and i suspect it will become usable in game after pokemon home) in game but there's a lot of Pokemon like Golem or Raticate which have an Alolan form and a Regular form. Adding those Pokemon in game essentially gives two Pokemon for the price of one.
Ehhh, I'm not too keen on Geodude or Zubat returning since it was nice not having to be bombarded by them for the umpteenth time. Even though Alolan Geodude & Graveler are the only exceptions, it's nice having a game without them for once.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

While I’m really hoping we’ll get a decent amount of new regional variants & cross-gen evolutions, I still wouldn’t hold my breath since we didn’t get any new Alola forms in USUM. Yes I know we have Galarian forms for the legendary birds & the Slowpoke line, but I’m still not convinced we’ll get anything else (even though I really want to be proven wrong).

Anyway, as far as old Pokémon returning, the only ones I’m really hoping will show up in the Isle of Armor are the Bellsprout line, the Blitzle line, Pinsir, and the Sandile line.

Considering the fact that unlike USUM were actually getting new Galarian Forms on top of getting new pokemon and general and Gigantamax forms, and considering that were actually getting at least 2 new Regis and Galarian forms of the legendary bird which are 2 things that before they were revealed that some people were absolutely sure that, that would never happen and yet it still did happen. So I do think it's unlikely that all the things we've seen so far are the only things were getting especially since all the things we've seen so far have only been at the beginning of the reveal cycle, which when you really stop and think about it, it doesn't make any sense that Gamefreak would reveal there hand completely right at the beginning of the reveal cycle and then not have anything else to show off.

Dreis

I wonder if we will see the other halves of the 4 fossils. Perhaps split between the two areas.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly

The reason why I'm very against regional variant exclusive evolutions is because I feel it makes the older Pokemon borderline worthless. Let's say Seel and Dewgong did get regional variants and it got an evolution, it's going to make the originals even more forgotten, because why should you use those when the regional variant is superior because it got an evolution? It personally doesn't sit well with me.

I'm down for more regional evolutions, a lot of the Galar ones make the older Pokemon so much better. I've never cared about the original Farfetch'd, and the Galar regional variant on its own is nothing to write home about, but Sirfetch'd is awesome and I loved using it. If new regional evolutions significantly improve an otherwise "meh" Pokemon, I'll happily accept more of them.

I think it would have been nice if the older Pokemon also got evolutions to compensate for the regional variants getting evolutions, but they didn't. There are some Pokemon who'd love to have an evolution and I personally don't want to wait for that Pokemon to get a regional variant just to get an evolution.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I wonder if we will see the other halves of the 4 fossils. Perhaps split between the two areas.

I just explained why that isn't all that likely a couple of posts above yours. Here's what I said:
I would say probably not happening. The sole purpose of the fossils is their hybridization gimmick, and I don't think it would make much sense to have them appear without it. And bluntly, I'm not sure the Pokémon would look all that interesting with the correct pieces. From what we can see, all four of them look very generic.

In addition to adding the four "proper" Pokémon, it would also be introducing other hybrid combinations. There would now be four "top" fossils, and each of those four fossils could be combined with one of the four "bottom" fossils, allowing for a total of 16 possible combinations. So unless they just want to say that the new fossils can only be merged with their proper counterpart, then we're getting into some crazy numbers.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer

It would actually be a lot more than that. In addition to adding the four "proper" Pokémon, it would also be introducing other hybrid combinations. There would now be four "top" fossils, and each of those four fossils could be combined with one of the four "bottom" fossils, allowing for a total of 16 possible combinations. So unless they just want to say that the new fossils can only be merged with their proper counterpart, then we're getting into some crazy numbers.
Actually, they are only 12 possible combinations of the fossils. The correct configuration, the ones we have now, and the combinations using only the new ones.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Actually, they are only 12 possible combinations of the fossils. The correct configuration, the ones we have now, and the combinations using only the new ones.

That's not the case, as the type of fossil (top or bottom) matters. In addition to the ones you listed, we'd also have four new ones made up of the reverse configuration of the originals. So the drake top with the bird bottom, the drake top with the fish bottom, the dino top with the bird bottom, and the dino top with the fish bottom. These may be similar to the four we already have, but they would also be distinctly different in design.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
That's not the case, as the type of fossil (top or bottom) matters. In addition to the ones you listed, we'd also have four new ones made up of the reverse configuration of the originals. So the drake top with the bird bottom, the drake top with the fish bottom, the dino top with the bird bottom, and the dino top with the fish bottom. These may be similar to the four we already have, but they would also be distinctly different in design.
Actually, I mentioned those third. That was what I meant. I claimed them as "new" because they weren't in the original Sword & Shield.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Actually, I mentioned those third. That was what I meant. I claimed them as "new" because they weren't in the original Sword & Shield.

Okay, in that case you would also have the completely new combinations made up half new fossils and half old fossils, being the drake top with dino bottom, dino top with drake bottom, bird top with fish bottom, and fish top with bird bottom.