• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I suspect it's because Generation V is the most recent generation to be added to Pokémon GO, and there are some cross events planned. Galarian Weezing is already available in it (it's Generation I, but I mean that they're referencing Sword & Shield already), and I'd bet they're going to make Galarian Darumaka and Darmanitan available soon, as well as Gigantamax Garbodor and some other stuff.

Even as an active player of Go, I highly doubt that's the reason. While there's more overlap between Go and the main series than any other spin-off before it, there's still just no way that Game Freak went out of their way to design more stuff for Unova than they would otherwise simple for the sake of Go. That's just not the way things work. The main series comes first, then the spin-offs. It's completely backwards to think things flow the opposite direction. I'm sure we'll get stuff like Galarian Darmanitan in Go sooner rather than later, but I doubt Go was the reason for it existing in the first place.

I also play a lot of Go, and if they were doing the regional forms with Go in mind I doubt we'd have gotten one (+ an evolution) for Farfetch'd and Mr.Mime without Tauros and Kangaskhan getting similar treatment as the 4 are treated as counterparts of sorts in Go. Also I'd argue that gen 5 being the most recent generation added to Go makes it more unlikely that they were doing it with Go in mind as new versions of already new things are as exciting as new versions of new things.

Luthor

I wonder if Bea's backstory will be brought up in the expansion, since it has a martial arts dojo involved. I'm curious on how she got the injury.

That could be very interesting though to be honest I never noticed she had an injury. What is the injury? I'd also be curious to see if she has some sort of connection to Allister considering the other two to share a gym are clearly connected.

Speaking of which I'd also like it if it gave a small focus to Gordie and Melony's cold relationship which could fit into the Tundra DLC.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Speaking of which I'd also like it if it gave a small focus to Gordie and Melony's cold relationship which could fit into the Tundra DLC.

On that note, I'd appreciate it if the DLC story had us meet the opposite version gym leaders. Honestly, I don't even know what Gordie looks like. I didn't know he existed until well after I finished Shield, and I haven't bothered to Google an image of him yet.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
On that note, I'd appreciate it if the DLC story had us meet the opposite version gym leaders. Honestly, I don't even know what Gordie looks like. I didn't know he existed until well after I finished Shield, and I haven't bothered to Google an image of him yet.
This is him:
Sword_Shield_Gordie.png

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
This is him:

Oh my...

Did you not get Melony’s other League card he literally is on it.

I got it, I just never looked at it. Didn't really worry at all about the League Cards while I was playing. If I had known Gordie was on it, probably would have actually looked. And now that I've looked it up, I am learning for the first time that Gordie is Melony's son. Never knew that.

Noy

That could be very interesting though to be honest I never noticed she had an injury. What is the injury? I'd also be curious to see if she has some sort of connection to Allister considering the other two to share a gym are clearly connected.

It's subtle, but there are three hints that allude to it. The first is that she either shakes with her left hand despite being a righty (her league card for an example), and when she does use her right, she supports it with her left arm(cut-scene when you first beat her.) Lastly, she throws her pokeballs underhanded with her right (any battle with her.)

Pikachu111213

Traveler
This is probably totally inaccurate. And I could be missing quite a few mons, but I dug through the info from the Home datamine and compiled a list of every Pokémon that got an updated moveset. I didn’t include things like Deoxys who could get Nasty Plot from an event, but only now can get it from a TM. But here’s the list.
Beedrill (3)
Raticate (2)
Fearow (2)
Nidoqueen (3)
Nidoking (3)
Wigglytuff (3)
Golduck (3)
Poliwrath/Politoed (4)
Victreebel (3)
Slowbro/Slowking (4)
Dodrio (2)
Hypno (2)
Exeggutor (2)
Jynx (2)
Tauros (1)
Kabutops (2)
Aerodactyl (1)
Omastar (2)
Articuno (1)
Zapdos (1)
Moltres (1)
Dragonite (3)
Meganium (3)
Typhlosion (3)
Feraligatr (3)
Furret (2)
Crobat (3)
Azumarill (3)
Jumpluff (3)
Sunflora (2)
Forretress (2)
Dunsparce (1)
Granbull (2)
Scizor (2)
Magcargo (2)
Skarmory (1)
Kingdra (3)
Donphan (2)
Miltank (1)
Blissey (3)
Raikou (1)
Entei (1)
Suicune (1)
Lugia (1)
Ho-oh (1)
Sceptile (3)
Blaziken (3)
Swampert (3)
Mightyena (2)
Beautifly/Dustox (5)
Swellow (2)
Breloom (2)
Slaking (3)
Hariyama (2)
Delcatty (2)
Aggron (3)
Medicham (2)
Sharpedo (2)
Camerupt (2)
Altaria (2)
Cradily (2)
Armaldo (2)
Walrein (3)
Relicanth (1)
Salamence (3)
Metagross (3)
Latios (1)
Latias (1)
Regirock (1)
Registeel (1)
Regice (1)
Kyogre (1)
Groudon (1)
Rayquaza (1)
Luxray (3)
Lopunny (2)
Spiritomb (1)
Garchomp (3)
Magnezone (3)
Lickilicky (2)
Electivire (3)
Magmortar (3)
Gliscor (2)
Probopass (2)
Azelf (1)
Uxie (1)
Mespirit (1)
Cresselia (1)
Heatran (1)
Regigigas (1)
Dialga (1)
Palkia (1)
Giratina (1)
Victini (1)
Lilligant (2)
Scolipede (3)
Krookodile (3)
Carracosta (2)
Archeops (2)
Zoroark (2)
Amoonguss (2)
Cryogonal (1)
Mienshao (2)
Bouffalant (1)
Volcarona (2)
Tornadus (1)
Thundurus (1)
Landorus (1)
Zekrom (1)
Reshiram (1)
Kyurem (1)
Genesect (1)
Talonflame (3)
Pyroar (2)
Tyrantrum (2)
Aurorus (2)
Dedenne (1)
Carbink (1)
Klefki (1)
Xerneas (1)
Yveltal (1)
Zygarde (1)
Diancie (1)
Volcanion (1)
Lycanroc (2)
Lurantis (2)
Comfey (1)
Palossand (2)
Minior (1)
Tapu Koko (1)
Tapu Bulu (1)
Tapu Lele (1)
Tapu Fini (1)
Celesteela (1)
Stakataka (1)
Blacephalon (1)
Kartana (1)
Buzzwole (1)
Pheromosa (1)
Naganadel (2)
Xurkitree (1)
Guzzlord (1)
Nihilego (1)
Magearna (1)
The numbers next to the name represents how many species are in that line. Be sure to let me know if I missed any as I’m sure I did. But this is a total number of 260, and we were told 200+ Pokémon total from the expansions, making about 130 from each update. This may also be our list of what Pokémon we could potentially see getting new regional variants.

Kingudora

My favourite
This is probably totally inaccurate. And I could be missing quite a few mons, but I dug through the info from the Home datamine and compiled a list of every Pokémon that got an updated moveset. I didn’t include things like Deoxys who could get Nasty Plot from an event, but only now can get it from a TM. But here’s the list.
Beedrill (3)
Raticate (2)
Fearow (2)
Nidoqueen (3)
Nidoking (3)
Wigglytuff (3)
Golduck (3)
Poliwrath/Politoed (4)
Victreebel (3)
Slowbro/Slowking (4)
Dodrio (2)
Hypno (2)
Exeggutor (2)
Jynx (2)
Tauros (1)
Kabutops (2)
Aerodactyl (1)
Omastar (2)
Articuno (1)
Zapdos (1)
Moltres (1)
Dragonite (3)
Meganium (3)
Typhlosion (3)
Feraligatr (3)
Furret (2)
Crobat (3)
Azumarill (3)
Jumpluff (3)
Sunflora (2)
Forretress (2)
Dunsparce (1)
Granbull (2)
Scizor (2)
Magcargo (2)
Skarmory (1)
Kingdra (3)
Donphan (2)
Miltank (1)
Blissey (3)
Raikou (1)
Entei (1)
Suicune (1)
Lugia (1)
Ho-oh (1)
Sceptile (3)
Blaziken (3)
Swampert (3)
Mightyena (2)
Beautifly/Dustox (5)
Swellow (2)
Breloom (2)
Slaking (3)
Hariyama (2)
Delcatty (2)
Aggron (3)
Medicham (2)
Sharpedo (2)
Camerupt (2)
Altaria (2)
Cradily (2)
Armaldo (2)
Walrein (3)
Relicanth (1)
Salamence (3)
Metagross (3)
Latios (1)
Latias (1)
Regirock (1)
Registeel (1)
Regice (1)
Kyogre (1)
Groudon (1)
Rayquaza (1)
Luxray (3)
Lopunny (2)
Spiritomb (1)
Garchomp (3)
Magnezone (3)
Lickilicky (2)
Electivire (3)
Magmortar (3)
Gliscor (2)
Probopass (2)
Azelf (1)
Uxie (1)
Mespirit (1)
Cresselia (1)
Heatran (1)
Regigigas (1)
Dialga (1)
Palkia (1)
Giratina (1)
Victini (1)
Lilligant (2)
Scolipede (3)
Krookodile (3)
Carracosta (2)
Archeops (2)
Zoroark (2)
Amoonguss (2)
Cryogonal (1)
Mienshao (2)
Bouffalant (1)
Volcarona (2)
Tornadus (1)
Thundurus (1)
Landorus (1)
Zekrom (1)
Reshiram (1)
Kyurem (1)
Genesect (1)
Talonflame (3)
Pyroar (2)
Tyrantrum (2)
Aurorus (2)
Dedenne (1)
Carbink (1)
Klefki (1)
Xerneas (1)
Yveltal (1)
Zygarde (1)
Diancie (1)
Volcanion (1)
Lycanroc (2)
Lurantis (2)
Comfey (1)
Palossand (2)
Minior (1)
Tapu Koko (1)
Tapu Bulu (1)
Tapu Lele (1)
Tapu Fini (1)
Celesteela (1)
Stakataka (1)
Blacephalon (1)
Kartana (1)
Buzzwole (1)
Pheromosa (1)
Naganadel (2)
Xurkitree (1)
Guzzlord (1)
Nihilego (1)
Magearna (1)
The numbers next to the name represents how many species are in that line. Be sure to let me know if I missed any as I’m sure I did. But this is a total number of 260, and we were told 200+ Pokémon total from the expansions, making about 130 from each update. This may also be our list of what Pokémon we could potentially see getting new regional variants.
Some missing mons: Sandslash (2), Alakazam (3), Pinsir (1), Heracross (1), Exploud (3), Volbeat/Illumise (2), Grumpig (2), Absol (1), Ambipom (2), Honchkrow (2), Porygon-Z (3), Audino (1) and Emolga (1).

And from what I could gather, Minior didn't recieve any new moves (that aren't universal like Endure)? Correct me if I'm wrong.

It does makes me wonder though, considering that the Crown Tundra will feature a new co-op focusing on the Legendary pokémon, the Crown Tundra dex will probably include the majority of the legendaries. However, if it does, it would be rather crowded with legendary pokémon. So perhaps they will be counted outside the dex?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
However, if it does, it would be rather crowded with legendary pokémon. So perhaps they will be counted outside the dex?

For whatever it's worth, the Alola Dex didn't include all the Legendaries you could catch in Ultra Space, so there's precedent.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
A few things I thought about, reading about the Isle of Man in general:

1. That beachside area may be based on the Point of Ayre, the most notable beach on the Isle of Man. In particular, Point of Ayre has pebbles instead of sand. What is the natural process called that causes pebbles to accumulate by a moving body of water? Armoring.

2. Gambling is a major source of incoming revenue into the Isle of Man. Though I highly doubt it since it was removed due to running afoul of gaming laws in some countries, we may see the return of the Game Corner for Isle of Armor.

3. I also doubt we'll see something like this, but it'd be neat to have a racing minigame set around the Isle of Armor, since the Isle of Man TT motorcycle races are the island's biggest events and the biggest draw of tourism. It's apparently one of the toughest racetracks in the world, and one of the deadliest, with 260 competitor deaths since it began in 1911, with 17 other deaths (such as of spectators, race officials, and bystanders).

Some missing mons: Sandslash (2), Alakazam (3), Pinsir (1), Heracross (1), Exploud (3), Volbeat/Illumise (2), Grumpig (2), Absol (1), Ambipom (2), Honchkrow (2), Porygon-Z (3), Audino (1) and Emolga (1).

And from what I could gather, Minior didn't recieve any new moves (that aren't universal like Endure)? Correct me if I'm wrong.

It does makes me wonder though, considering that the Crown Tundra will feature a new co-op focusing on the Legendary pokémon, the Crown Tundra dex will probably include the majority of the legendaries. However, if it does, it would be rather crowded with legendary pokémon. So perhaps they will be counted outside the dex?

Darn, Bibarel got nothing. Then again, there may be Move Tutors in the DLC areas, as there traditionally are with Pokémon third versions. Though this doesn't concern Bibarel, one move that comes to mind is Tailwind. I realized Decidueye lost Tailwind coming to Generation VIII, for instance. Rock Polish is another, one that had pretty wide distribution in previous generations but became much more limited now (and is different from Toxic in that it wasn't deemed a staple of particular kinds of play).

Pikachu111213

Traveler

Ah, thanks friend! Minior now gets Cosmic Power. This brings our total to 280. I think in the direct when talking about the legends they said something along the lines of “200+ including these”. Though I could be wrong. I do hope you’re right. If excluding legends, that’s 227, still fitting the 200+ statement, and making it possibly around 113 per expansion (with crown tundra probably having more with the legends, but that kind of makes sense as it’s the last part of the expansion).

@Ophie really interesting finds! I don’t think the game corner will return, but that admiring tidbit was really interesting for sure.

Edit: Didn’t realize that Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem are already in the game. Changed the numbers to match.

Second Edit: you’re right about Minior, Kingudora, I could’ve sworn I saw something about him not having cosmic power before. Taking him out and making numbers match.

Last edited:

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I almost forgot that it's been a month and half since DLC was announced. I'm looking forward to hear more news, but small, during March. New Galarian forms would be nice to begin the cycle.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
I almost forgot that it's been a month and half since DLC was announced. I'm looking forward to hear more news, but small, during March. New Galarian forms would be nice to begin the cycle.
Indeed. Maybe we could get news on Pokémon day. As well as new Galarian forms, we still don’t know many details about the story in isle of Armor (what the dojos are), also Gmax moves for Galar starters and Blastoise and Venusaur, Urshifu’s sig moves and Gmax moves AND ability, and this “restricted sparring” battle style. And that’s just for IoA

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual

This most recent raid event with Mewtwo may give some credence to a theory I’ve had concerning all the legendaries in the Crown Tundra.

As noted by Serebii, Dynamax Mewtwo can be battled but not caught, only providing a massive amount of rewards. What if the bulk of the legendaries in the Crown Tundra expansion work the same way? I’m trying to find it in the video but I thought I remembered some of the wording being different as all the classic legendaries popped up on the screen. Like it says you “encounter” them, but what if that doesn’t imply the opportunity to catch them? Like what if they’re mirages or something? And we can still enjoy a Landorus-free meta in Gen 8?

I actually would prefer the Crown Tundra expansion this way. If we’re going to limit the dex still, I’d much rather the expansions give us more common mons rather than overload them with potentially game-breaking legendaries.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
This most recent raid event with Mewtwo may give some credence to a theory I’ve had concerning all the legendaries in the Crown Tundra.

As noted by Serebii, Dynamax Mewtwo can be battled but not caught, only providing a massive amount of rewards. What if the bulk of the legendaries in the Crown Tundra expansion work the same way? I’m trying to find it in the video but I thought I remembered some of the wording being different as all the classic legendaries popped up on the screen. Like it says you “encounter” them, but what if that doesn’t imply the opportunity to catch them? Like what if they’re mirages or something? And we can still enjoy a Landorus-free meta in Gen 8?

I actually would prefer the Crown Tundra expansion this way. If we’re going to limit the dex still, I’d much rather the expansions give us more common mons rather than overload them with potentially game-breaking legendaries.
I'm the opposite since I am NOT transferring any of my legendaries or mythical Pokemon. Maybe the ones from Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, but that's it. And just being able to battle them and not catch them is just a waste of time.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I guess it only just hit me but even with a small area the dlc could still be long. In fact maybe a small area will help with plot and lore. Not sure what to expect but I'm actually excited and hope that when they say June and Fall they don't mean the end of the month/season but maybe early to mid. Will also be nice to get new Pokemon stuff outside of /november since I was getting sick of that

poe_keeper

I'm hoping they add an area where you can farm berries. I am getting tired of shaking trees . I haven't done any shiny hunting in the new games but I usually need lots and lots of Lum and Leppa berries. Shaking the trees doesn't really get it done.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
I'm the opposite since I am NOT transferring any of my legendaries or mythical Pokemon. Maybe the ones from Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, but that's it. And just being able to battle them and not catch them is just a waste of time.

That's fair. Legendaries aren't usuable in an "official" capacity because they don't have the current gen symbol, and they can't be bred either. Even with my previous statement I'd be somewhat torn since I just transferred VC Ho-oh and Suicune and GAMESTP Entei over to Home and want to see them in action.

To me it's just frustrating seeing a meta that's swarming with legendaries because it takes away the whole "legendary" aspect of them. Like, there's only supposed to be one in the world and yet they're everywhere. I'm feeling an Incredibles reference coming on about everyone being super...