1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Expansion Pass Discussion Thread - The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by shoz999, Jan 10, 2020.

1. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

That's good, atleast it was not postponed

2. PrinceOfFacade

PrinceOfFacade Ghost-Type Master

So I took the liberty of adding the Isle of Armor map to the Galar map at scale, to see how its size measures up.

[​IMG]

While the area doesn't appear that big in comparison to the Wild Area at first glance, the Isle of Armor is actually far larger. I decided to place the two together in sole units to compare:

[​IMG]

As you can see, the main island alone is nearly the same size in land space as the entire Wild Area. Add the four archipelago sections of the Isle of Armor, and you got an environment nearly twice the size of the Wild Area. Here's a final comparison, of the Wild Area and the Isle of Armor's main island.

[​IMG]

EDIT: For added funsies, I did a comparison of the Wild Area and the four archipelagos.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020 at 4:13 PM
  3. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Thunder Trainer

More like at least it’s not postponed yet. It can still happen depending on how bad the virus gets in Tokyo. The mini direct even started with a statement of how release dates & info may change due to the Coronavirus

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020 at 5:25 PM
    Ophie and janejane6178 like this.
  4. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Pikachu Fan Number Nine Don't Mess wit Texas

There are probably several newly-created Pokemon in the passes that have not been revealed. I would just love if they added Galarian variants of Rockruff and Lycanroc that are Ice-types based on Arctic wolves in the Crown Tundra Pack.

Ophie and The Unknown Trainer like this.
  5. PrinceOfFacade

I say the reason it's not likely to be postponed is because a lot of what they do can be done at home.

From my own experience developing games, you spend a lot of the time doing the work at home. Half the folks I worked with I never even met in person. Besides, The Pokémon Company moves at a tight schedule. They can't really afford to delay content anyway.

Ophie likes this.
  6. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Yet again male customization sucks compared to the females. Females get to dress like Marnie, males get to dress like Rose and get his awful haircut lol
    Hopefully the males at least get bags that aren't suitcases

7. PrinceOfFacade

Hey, Rose looks awesome. Don't hate.

Ophie, Hatterene and Orphalesion like this.
  8. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Well-Known Member

Good to hear the original launch date is still on track (for now). Seeing as you get the Gigantamax starters as a reward for your adventure in the Isle of Armour, I'm now wondering whether I should carry on with my current Sword save file and get Gigantamax Rillaboom, or start a new one with Sobble as my starter. The Sobble line are the last Galar Region Pokemon I still don't have registered in Pokemon Home, so it would be a good excuse for a new adventure with a starter I haven't used yet, but at the same time I kind of don't want to play through Sword and Shield's main story again.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020 at 8:34 PM
    Ophie likes this.
  9. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Well-Known Member

Honestly I don't agree. On my main paythrough I played as a male character, and I found a lot of clothes I liked and changed my look several times. Then I did a side playthrough as a female character and was underwhelmed that a good chunk of the customization is shared and the female-only choices didn't really fit my taste.
    Plus honestly, Rose's outfit isn't bad, classy suit and all. And what other male character's outfit were we supposed to get? Bede's ? :confused: I don't wanna dress in a ugly, pink raincoat...

10. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Thunder Trainer

While I like the new additions to the League Cards, I was kind of hoping we’d get new poses too

wolf jani likes this.
  11. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

So glad we finally got an update on this. There wasn't really anything all that new here, but at at least it's something. Also, Gigantamax Inteleon just creeps me out. I wonder if that design was a joke on how ridiculously tall Inteleon is when you Dynamax it.

Oh, and the best part is we can finally drop the notion that the DLC might be delayed due to the virus.

Ophie and Mr.Munchlax like this.
  12. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

IGN: 7.8/10. Too much water.

13. Porkpie29

Porkpie29 Member

I can not wait for the DLC to be out but what trye is Kubfu

14. Pikachu111213

Pikachu111213 Kid from Pallet Town

Kubfu is fighting type. And if you take on the Tower of Darkness, it’ll become Single Strike Style Urshifu—Fighting /Dark and if take on the Tower of Waters it’ll become Rapid Strike Style Urshifu—Fighting/Water

15. Manbis

Manbis Member

i just hope they add a few better phyical water moves which fit fighting pokemon dunno about dark moves but most of them dont seem really "fighty"

16. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that we'll get some trailers about the Isle of Armor within the next few months, leading up to it's release.

17. PrinceOfFacade

I don't think we'll be seeing anything else prior to mid-May.

This isn't a full game, but a DLC project. There's less of a need to showcase things. Besides, it's quite apparent they're making a big effort to avoid revealing too much information.

18. Porkpie29

Porkpie29 Member

thank you fpr the reply

Pikachu111213 likes this.
  19. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

Yeees! Give us Bede's customization so we too can look like Queen Elizabeth II! Go my three LV. 100 Yampers!

lablablabz likes this.
  20. Pikachu111213

Pikachu111213 Kid from Pallet Town

I myself think we will see a trailer in April. Mid to late imo. We still have so much we don’t know about. Kanto Gmax moves, Urshifu Gmax moves, Urshifu sig moves, Urshifu’s ability description, not to mention any new Galarian forms and the exact release date. I personally would like to see more of the Pokémon returning. Really hoping we get the Johto starters, as I’d love to use a Totodile here, as well as Dragonite and Heracross

Pokemon Power and Ophie like this.