• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Expedition to Onix Island! (748)

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."

STICKTOPIA

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... Oshawott's Hydro Pump had very cool animation to it, with Oshawott circling his arms to create the attack. It was nice to see the Shiny Onix being the Pokemon that ended up saving the day and getting the other Onix to stop charging at everyone. I think the Water attack Piplup used was a script error, and that they meant to say Water Pulse instead.

50/100

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
bringing back misty wont be worse it would help bring back the original style series that everyone loved back in the day.

I wish people would stop saying that all the time. Not everyone wasn't too crazy for it back then. They might remember but that doesn't mean they liked it any better than Digimon or anything else.

But to get back on topic, this episode was a waist of time. This interaction could have took place on somewhere other than an island. Plus I was really hoping that Iris ad Dawn would clash for once on the show's lifetime. There is nothing wrong with disageements. Not all of Ash's friends will always have like one another just because he's their friend.

Janovy

Banned
But to get back on topic, this episode was a waist of time. This interaction could have took place on somewhere other than an island. Plus I was really hoping that Iris ad Dawn would clash for once on the show's lifetime. There is nothing wrong with disageements. Not all of Ash's friends will always have like one another just because he's their friend.
I wanted them to clash at first too, but I was so pleasantly surprised that they chose this route.

It was far more enjoyable.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I wanted them to clash at first too, but I was so pleasantly surprised that they chose this route.

It was far more enjoyable.

I don't know. I wanted a clash, that way when Iris and Dawn battle, like they're starting now, it would be more interesting. But that's just me.

*futachimaru*

Music Maker/ Dreamer
honestly, im not exctied about dawn anymore

dawn was my favourite character and now the anime writers have changed her personality entirely. since when did she always side with iris and take the mickey out of ash?

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

dawn was my favourite character and now the anime writers have changed her personality entirely. since when did she always side with iris and take the mickey out of ash?

So you liked her when she was just bland and looked cute?

Its the exact oposite for me, I like that she actually has good interactions with characters now, her chemistry with Dent and Iris is pretty good.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

She didn't change at all, she's exactly the same. She's just having better interactions with Iris and Cilan.

Geodude

The subs said otherwise so don't blame me for getting it wrong.
Actually, it's impossible to mistake Hydro Pump for anything else if your episode had volume, since the name is the exact same in Japanese.

-I like how Dawn and Iris have been spending so much time together. Moral support is very important to girls. Remember, they're both quite used to travelling without any other girls to talk to, so I think it's only natural for them to want to spend as much time together as they can. Not only that, we're talking about a species that often needs a support group to go to the bathroom. :p

-Did Meloetta's transformation sequence remind anyone else of Sailor Moon?

-Funny how some people got all upset over the "kodomoe ne" stuff and the yelling at Cilan stuff that was clearly Played For Laughs. :p

-I also liked how Dawn's Magic Skirt was no match for the breeze the boat created, so she actually had to hold it down this time. :p

FunPika

What happened to Meloetta's voice in the transformation? It seemed really weird and distorted to me. Noticed this to a lesser extent in the calming songs as well in the past couple episodes. Not really what I would expect based on how Meloetta's voice sounds while speaking.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Lmao This was a funny episode. Iris and Dawn have the best interactions out of the other companions and this episode proves that. Also Dawn is overusing her catchphrase again XD. She only calls Ash a kid 1 time though -_-, I wished they would have kept her saying that the 1st 2 times XD.