• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Expedition to Onix Island! (748)

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
No capture? But the episode's not over yet, right? RIGHT?!?!

And what was Piplup's new move, anyway?

It ended, no capture, we knew for Satoshi it wasn't happening atleast.

Dunno it was ball of water so it might be Water Pulse but it looks pretty damn different from Buizel's but the animation has been different for a number of moves.

More Team Rocket Live Caster! Heh!

Urgh :S.

IcySealeo

Pretty lame that Oshawott learned Hydro Pump... Now Palpitoad is useless...

DMerle

Guess who's back
It ended, no capture, we knew for Satoshi it wasn't happening atleast.

Dunno it was ball of water so it might be Water Pulse but it looks pretty damn different from Buizel's but the animation has been different for a number of moves.

Urgh :S.

Except Piplup doesn't learn water pulse so it must of been something else.

Aura Flare Riolu

Cutest Riolu around!

It gets Water Pulse from Gen 4 but that's it...

There's only one choice then: Water Pledge. But it doesn't look anything like Fire Pledge. The other Water moves don't really fit the look of that move.

EDIT: It could be Brine too.

IcySealeo

It looks just like Frillish's Water Pulse in BW010.
And besides, Piplup can learn this move in Gen IV, so it might be a reference.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Pretty lame that Oshawott learned Hydro Pump... Now Palpitoad is useless...

Yeah..that isn't true. Palpitoad still has 2 other different moves and could get another different move.

What do you mean? We didn't know, not for sure.

We did because of the opening.

Anyway, I loved the episode, but maybe too much fighting from the Water Duo and not enough training near the start for me.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

It does learn in the 4gen by move tutor from what I'm seeing in the dex, well to me it looked like a big ball of water but it migth have been blurryness.

What do you mean? We didn't know, not for sure.

Yes we did he wasn't with the rest of Satoshi pokemon in the opening, unless Krokoodile happened in this episode before the thing was caugth the "edit" excuse wasn't valid.

DMerle

Guess who's back
It's possible it's a nod to 4th gen but I doubt that's the case, especially since it's other two water moves (Hydro pump and bubblebeam) are better than Water pulse. I can only imagine them switching out for a move from BW or it wouldn't really make sense.

EDIT: Could it possibly of been Brine or Scald?

Well the episode was kinda well um, you see basically not much happened...it felt like watching the old pointless filler episodes but.the writers redeemed it with giving Pokemon new moves...and Meloetta's voice was aweeeeesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Also, Brock finally got the cameo people wanted him to get....and Team Rocket is doing something very hideous.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
They seriously made him use Headbutt in one episode, just so he gets knocked out for a moment like Oshawott just to make the paralel?

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
It uses Headbutt, yes but it also learns another move later.

So basicly, he learned Headbutt and had to forget something then possibly forgot Headbutt and learned that new move that looks like Water Pulse.

So what did he forget? since we saw him use 4 new moves already aswell as Bublebeam and Hydro Pump that he already had.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Well both the new moves which Piplup used in this episode are still in doubt. We have to wait to get confirmation by people who were able to properly hear the name.

As far as what i understood, the first new move which Piplup, it was Dawn who told it to use. So, that means like Cilans Pansage, Dawn's Piplup also has 5 moves which it uses (but only a max of 4 gets shown each episode).

And the second one, if i remember right, i think Iris said some thing related to bubble.