• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Expedition to Onix Island! (748)

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Oshawott basically upgraded Water Gun. Alright... why Hydro Pump? That's Palpitoad's "finisher" move. Poor thing. I was hoping he would learn Ice Beam.

Also I think that water bubble atatck was juist Piplup using "Bubblebeam" to make one huge water bubble, not a new move. Although i could be wrong. Lol Piplup's new Headbutt is useless.

Piplup's Moveset is?
[ Bubblebeam ] [ Hydro Pump ] [ Drill Peck ] [ Ice Beam ] [ Headbutt ] (which one did it replace in favor of Headbutt?)

Oshawott's is...
[ Hydro Pump ] [ Razor Shell ] [ Aqua Jet ] [ Tackle / Water Gun ]

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Man. From the looks of it, they really piled on the fanservice with Dawn in this episode.

This I am perfectly fine with <3. /killed. xD

But in anycase, damnit, I didn't get to see it through keyhole cause my dad found me up, why is that I when I finally get the ability too, I get cut off? ;_;...xD So instead I used the pictures. xD

Looks like the episode was alot of just...fun. I like that, alot accually, It feels refereshing. That might be dawn, but for once I don't think my bias for her is the main reason for this, I just feel giddy wathcing this. <3.

and I'm going to say that the bubble like move that piplup used looks like the bubble assist in ranger 1, and I cna't think of anything else, I'll just wait I guess. lol

Hmm. I never thought that would pass either. I kind of figured it would be just a stupid filler. And complaints about Piplup's moves is so normal in these forums. But it would be nice it Piplup learned a move better mover. Prehaps an ice one.

Piplup already has Ice Beam. You want him to learn another Ice-type attack? I was really hoping for Oshawott to learn Ice Beam instead of Hydro Pump.

srebak

Beginning Trainer
I was afraid this would happen, Iris and Dawn both calling Ash a kid. I was hoping that Dawn wouldn't be onboard with that sort of thing, as i recall that she had teensy bit more respect for Ash (as she had less experience then he did, a lot less). Now as i wait for the next episode, that part of the episode will haunt my mind.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
I was afraid this would happen, Iris and Dawn both calling Ash a kid. I was hoping that Dawn wouldn't be onboard with that sort of thing, as i recall that she had teensy bit more respect for Ash (as she had less experience then he did, a lot less). Now as i wait for the next episode, that part of the episode will haunt my mind.

I don't think its a result of a lack of respect, its just fun to tease someone, I can call some of my friends little kids, and still have a ton of respect for them. (Besides, what are most shoenon (excuse my spelling lol) protaginists these days? XD)

Though if you don't like it, I can completely understand, I found it cute the first time, but I don't want them changing ash and dawns dynamic too much just because iris is here, a little change, epscially cause its fun, is fine, but I don't think I'm going to be liking it is dawn starts stepping up on calling him again.

then agian, these are two girls we're talking about, and I've been in a conversation with my ex and one other girl, she went from cutely hugging me to teasing me about silly stuff the entire time (tis was kinda annoying), I'm actually not that surprised =_=...XD. (No offense to her, but its true. lol).

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So Oshawott learned Hydro Pump? Talk about reductive. I love Oshawott, but he deserved a better move. I also feel kind of bad for Palpitoad, but it's not my fault nor Oshawott's fault that the writers neglect the poor toad. Anyway, it seems that other Onix was special in the end, so I guess most people were right about that. Still, Ash didn't capture Onix (just as my sisters and I predicted), so I'd say we're all even.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
If this is anything like DP, Brock may not be making an appearance in BW2, Max was mentioned in a flashback similar to Brock today, but hey, anythings possible!

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
If this is anything like DP, Brock may not be making an appearance in BW2, Max was mentioned in a flashback similar to Brock today, but hey, anythings possible!

Brock's VA actually retired from the show though, which is why all his Pokemon roles were also written out.

If Brock does appear it probably won't be till much later on as a doctor for only like 2 episodes or something.

Keep in mind that when characters are planned to appear, the writers usually don't show them at all till they do. Dawn wasn't mentioned or shown at all in BW1 till she appeared, and May wasn't mentioned at all in early DP until she appeared.

But like you said, Max/Misty got references in DP and they never returned with a speaking role, and now Brock got one in BW...which probably implies the same.

I don't know why the writers think this, but this is how they work. Its better for a character not to be referenced at all because that means they get a comeback.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Seriously? People are complaning that Oshawott learned Hydro Pump. I must be watching a different show, because Pokemon sharing moves is nothing new

- Most of Ash's Pokemon carry Quick Attack

- ALL of his Fire types know Flamethower

- 4 of his Pokmeon currently know Hyper Beam

Seriously. People whine about the most asinine things here. So what if Palpitoad and Oshawott both have Hydro Pump? Doesn't mean he will use Palipitoad any less because of it.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Seriously? People are complaning that Oshawott learned Hydro Pump. I must be watching a different show, because Pokemon sharing moves is nothing new

Ash's Squirtle was the only one of his water Pokemon to know Hydro Pump though.

Totodile was too weak, and Corphish and Buizel simply had different battle styles.

Blazing Charmander

I don't know why the writers think this, but this is how they work. Its better for a character not to be referenced at all because that means they get a comeback.

If you're also speaking in terms of Pokemon on the show, this isn't always how they work. Remember that back in Hoenn, Ash briefly mentioned his Phanpy in Date Expectations which actually turned out to be some nice foreshadowing for its return and evolution in the Battle Frontier saga.

I am naturally over the moon that Brock has finally been mentioned in BW. It's a shame that it took this long for older characters to be mentioned, but if this is a sign of things to come then I think that I can slightly start enjoying Best Wishes.

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."

- Most of Ash's Pokemon carry Quick Attack

- ALL of his Fire types know Flamethower

- 4 of his Pokmeon currently know Hyper Beam

Seriously. People whine about the most asinine things here. So what if Palpitoad and Oshawott both have Hydro Pump? Doesn't mean he will use Palipitoad any less because of it.

It's not the fact that they share move, its what move they share.
Hydro Pump is Palpitoad's strongest move. Also, Oshawott did not need yet another water move. If anything it should have copied Piplup's Ice Beam.

Max Charlie

Heat Pokémon Trainer
Meloetta's transformation looked like something pulled out of Sailor Moon.

Does anybody have a .gif of it?