• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Expedition to Onix Island! (748)

matt0044

What happened to Meloetta's voice in the transformation? It seemed really weird and distorted to me. Noticed this to a lesser extent in the calming songs as well in the past couple episodes. Not really what I would expect based on how Meloetta's voice sounds while speaking.

Dunno why? Maybe it was an audio issue?

SmartD

It was a good episode. It's nice that Brock was mentioned in the episode.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Nice episode dawn and piplup didn't even annoy me.

-the interaction between the gang and the old school pokemon
-Ash and Dawn using their pokedexes to scan them for Iris instead of for themselves
-the interaction between Dawn and iris.
-brock being seen and mentioned.
-but the highlight for me was meloetta's transformation. Couldn't help but think about sailor moon when the girls transform. Liked her singing when she was transforming. Hope to hear it again

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Nice that Ash pokedex Onix for Iris. Is it just me or does Dawn being mean to Ash by calling him a kid? Although she might knew that she's younger than him.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Oh gawd, I'm loving the "Sisters" bond between Iris and Dawn. It's both adorable and perfect for them.

I can't believe we saw another shiny Pokemon, being Onix. It was kind of cool. But.. isn't it gold/yellow? Not green? That's what irked me the most about the gang's realization about the shiny Onix.

Great episode. Sadly I missed Meloetta's transformation, since I used the bathroom at the time.

R?IDDl3R

ace trainer
one of the best episodes i saw !! since dawn is there , it was funny , classic , good , brock was mentioned!! , but i cant believe dawn is teasing ash with the "kid" thing ... r u serious .. smh lol

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
Nice that Ash pokedex Onix for Iris. Is it just me or does Dawn being mean to Ash by calling him a kid? Although she might knew that she's younger than him.

Ash isn't older than Dawn although he debuted 470 episodes prior. In the anime, characters don't age.

cg19293

To be honest I feel that the "iris attitude" doesn't really suit Dawn - she's prone to as many clutzy moments as Ash, if not more. Thpugh maybe I'm biased, as I hate Iris.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Hooray for Dawn referencing Brock, not once, but twice in one episode! "Where's Brock when you need him?". Good episode, but I felt Dawn was kinda out of character in some parts, like the "kid" parts and "training can be so boring" but hey, she's probably being influenced by Iris, we do change how we act around others sometimes and that's what I see is happening here.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Wow! (Wolf Whistle) Meloetta sure has some sexy legs when there seen up close no wonder Piplup and Oshawatt are so in love with her! I haven't seen Legs like that since I saw Lopunny's legs up close in the Sinnoh Saga episode Coming Full Festival Circle! :D I'll have to look up the episode pictures and see if they have some good shots of that scene! Heh! Heh! :D :D :D

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Wow! (Wolf Whistle) Meloetta sure has some sexy legs when there seen up close no wonder Piplup and Oshawatt are so in love with her! I haven't seen Legs like that since I saw Lopunny's legs up close in the Sinnoh Saga episode Coming Full Festival Circle! :D I'll have to look up the episode pictures and see if they have some good shots of that scene! Heh! Heh! :D :D :D

You, sir/girl/whatever, are pretty messed up.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~

okay, I admit, I lol'd pretty hard at Sarah's "SPECIAL?!".

Sarah is the name of ash's english voice actor, before anybody asks me who I'm talking about ._... xD

RocketToTheMoon

Pika-Pika-Red said:
okay, I admit, I lol'd pretty hard at Sarah's "SPECIAL?!".
Same here xD I thought it was a great ep. My opinion of Best Wishes sure has changed since it began (for the better). The only way this ep could have been better was if Brock came riding in on that shiny Onix and had a cooking war with Cilan. *sighs*

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Same here xD I thought it was a great ep. My opinion of Best Wishes sure has changed since it began (for the better). The only way this ep could have been better was if Brock came riding in on that shiny Onix and had a cooking war with Cilan. *sighs*
lol yup. xD

SPEAKING OF BROCK.

The english mentioned him twice...once during the cooking, and another when dawn was "stun spored."

the japanese, while I'm not sure what she said, was most certianly NOT "t-takashi..."

She said something like "fugshiemidamnmenei"....lol

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!

RocketToTheMoon

Pika-Pika-Red said:
lol yup. xD

SPEAKING OF BROCK.

The english mentioned him twice...once during the cooking, and another when dawn was "stun spored."

the japanese, while I'm not sure what she said, was most certianly NOT "t-takashi..."

She said something like "fugshiemidamnmenei"....lol
Which roughly translates into...? I'll check google translate xD Well atleast he got one mention in the Jap.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Which roughly translates into...? I'll check google translate xD Well atleast he got one mention in the Jap.

like I said (or didn't say? IDK)

I have NO idea. I'm not even sure what she said really...but still, it WASN'T takashi. XD

and SPOILER
He gets another one next episode i think :/

RocketToTheMoon

Pika-Pika-Red said:
like I said (or didn't say? IDK)

I have NO idea. I'm not even sure what she said really...but still, it WASN'T takashi. XD

and SPOILER
He gets another one next episode i think :/
Ah, whatever. I only worry about the Japanese eps if there's RocketShipping involved... /shot
I sure hope so. I miss Brock Dx

Boring episode IMO, the only good thing to come out of it was Oshawott learning Hydro Pump, which was great. I don't give a crap about Piplup's Headbutt.

And today I learned that Dawn finds training boring and enjoys picking on people. Okay, sure why not.

Battra

Nice episode I enjoyed seeing Dawn & Iris bond & gang up on Ash, also nice seeing a Shiny appear in this episode.