• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Experimental RU Team

Bossk

Like a champ.
So this is a team I came up with in the hopes of utilizing a Dragon Dance Feraligatr. Unfortunately, Sheer Force hasn't been released, but Torrent still supplies some extra power when needed. I eventually used this set in a new RU team which is either a hit or a miss.

Most of the time my battles on Showdown with this team are a hit or miss. Sometimes I get a 6-0 sweep with Dragon Dance, sometimes I get swept by a single Pokemon. This team needs a lot of work, but it's not without its uses so instead of scrapping it I brought it here for revision.

Without further ado:

208steelix.gif

Devastator @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Atk
  • Gyro Ball
  • Earthquake
  • Stealth Rock
  • Roar

This is my lead most of the time. With a reliable ability which lets me get off a Stealth Rock, he's a very sturdy wall as well. If I'm lucky I can usually do some phasing and weaken the opposing team by quite a bit, and Steelix usually hits decently as well.

He can OHKO Aerodactyl without Focus Sash and I usually Gyro Ball first turn in fear of the taunt. Earthquake lets me hit incoming Fire-type Pokemon decently who are common switch-ins to my Steelix. He's a very straightforward Pokemon and I don't have much of a problem with him, although sometimes I really can't lead with him.

547whimsicott.gif

Kailee @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpD/
  • Leech Seed
  • Substitute
  • Taunt
  • Encore

The ultimate annoyance, we all know this Pokemon well. Substitute first turn is a must, scouting, or setting up on a switch is vital (unless they just used Stealth Rock or something of the sort where I can Encore them into nothing). Leech Seed to sap away HP, Encore to lock Pokemon into using Toxic on a Sub or something, Taunt to prevent setups and entry hazards. The EVs are pretty straightforward, maximum special bulk.

Whimsicott is very unimportant on this team. Its purpose is for annoyance, not necessarily for utility, however useful it can be. This Pokemon I will happily switch out and happily keep in.

160feraligatr.gif

Leatherhead @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
  • Dragon Dance
  • Ice Punch
  • Earthquake
  • Waterfall

The star of the show right here. With a single Dragon Dance Feraligatr is able to do tons of damage to most Pokemon, but with two, and if I'm lucky, three Dragon Dances he can sweep an entire time. With three Dragon Dances he has OHKO'd an entire team.

The EVs are very straightforward, and his role is obvious. Get the opportunity to set up, set up, and demolish teams, although this isn't always the case as Ferroseed, Walrein (those two give me the most trouble) and physical walls in general can completely stop him in his rampage. Thunder Wave, Will-O-Wisp, and Scald are moves that scare him out really easily so it's usually hard to set up, but if I do it can win the game.

157typhlosion.gif

Milton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Modest
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
  • Eruption
  • Fire Blast
  • Hidden Power {Grass}
  • Focus Blast

My late-game sweeper who scorches the battlefield. Typhlosion has taken on other teams incredibly outnumbered and I owe most of my victories to him. Assuming there's no Stealth Rock on the battlefield I can usually Eruption my way through teams (assuming they have no special walls or resistors to it).

Hidden Power {Grass} for the likes of Quagsire who can wall me completely, while Focus Blast for a solid coverage move. Fire Blast as my powerful backup is Stealth Rock/Spikes are ever on the field. With a Modest nature to pack the extra punch needed, with the Choice Scarf to outspeed just about all unboosted Pokemon in the tier.

615cryogonal.gif

Grinch @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Calm
EVs: 248 HP/204SpD/ 56 Spe
  • Ice Beam
  • Recover
  • Toxic
  • Rapid Spin

Cryogonal acts my much-needed special wall, a staller, and a rapid spinner, playing a pivotal role in my team. Without Cryogonal many specially-offensive bulky threats would just power through my team (mainly Slowking) with Recover allowing it to effectively stall and survive.

The moveset is to ensure I can outlive other Pokemon with Recover, spin away entry hazards, Toxic bulky Pokemon, and not be dead in the water without any attacking moves. 56 speed EVs allow it to outspeed neutral base 80s while HP to maximize bulk, and 206 EVs in SpD to take advantage of its monumental base 135.

028sandslash.gif

Saki @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Rush
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Atk
  • Bulldoze
  • Stealth Rock
  • Rapid Spin
  • Safeguard

Sandslash provides some more-than-useful utility. Sandslash is my backup spinner, backup hazards, and provides Feraligatr with the necessary Safeguard. With Safeguard, Feraligatr is able to comfortably setup provided he's not going up against too dangerous of an offensive Pokemon, usually allowing at least one Dragon Dance. Bulldoze slows down some dangerously fast threats, mainly Cincinno which never ceases to cause trouble.

The EVs are to maximize Sandslash's ability to take physical hits as even with investment I fear as if he won't be able to take enough special hits anyway, and it'll weaken his capacity for physical hits.

This team has trouble with defense-oriented and sometimes stall teams. Fire-types give this a lot of trouble as Feraligatr can't comfortably switch into attacks due to only average bulk, while Typhlosion can't come in on switch-ins due to Eruption's power being an issue and the fact that Flash Fire is unreleased. Cryogonal and Steelix even with their immense defense and special defense respectively can't take Fire-type attacks very well and Sandslash is only neutral, while Whimsicott isn't bulky enough to take neutral hits, nevermind super effective ones.

I'm willing to switch out team members, open to all sorts of criticism, etc. All that I ask is for just respectfull and constructive criticism instead of just saying "Good" or "Horrible, make new team".

Attachments

• 208.png
    208.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 16