• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Explain Some Things To Me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stryke

I don't really watch the Japanese anime since I don't know where to find the episodes so I just watch the American one. But I've been more or less keeping track of the anime at its current state (since the tournaments are always my favorite part) but can you guys explain some stuff to me?

First off, why is Ash using his reserve Pokemon?

I heard about some trainer that looks like Paul in a wig, and I saw him when I looked at the episode pictures, but who is he?

Did Paul absolutely sweep Barry or was it a close battle?

Advanced trainer Kai

Boulder Trainer
Ash wants to use most of his Pokemon this time for some reason(I think he lacked 6 altogether in his team after Gliscor left)

The Darkrai trainer's identity has been the big subject alot lately, and the trainer is a new character named Takuto, who pretty much is sailing through the tournament with only Darkrai and won all 8 badges with Darkrai only.

Barry vs Paul: Barry gotten close a couple of times to beat Urasing, and wreak major dammage to Electrivire, but pretty much sweeped him

I don't really watch the Japanese anime since I don't know where to find the episodes so I just watch the American one. But I've been more or less keeping track of the anime at its current state (since the tournaments are always my favorite part) but can you guys explain some stuff to me?

I heard about some trainer that looks like Paul in a wig, and I saw him when I looked at the episode pictures, but who is he?

TrainerOfLegend

Ash uses reserves, but he never really explains. He just does, which is good since it makes us nostalgia hard.

Who is the mystery trainer? he has no name, so he is known in the internet as LT(Legendary Trainer) He uses Darkrai, but we know nothing else.

Paul beat Skarmory in one hit, then came some swapping. In the end, Empoleon tried to bring it back, but did not take out a single Pokemon.

Also, a question from my part: Did Ash expect Gliscor to show up? Had he called for it off-screen?

Advanced trainer Kai

Boulder Trainer
Ash uses reserves, but he never really explains. He just does, which is good since it makes us nostalgia hard.

Who is the mystery trainer? he has no name, so he is known in the internet as LT(Legendary Trainer) He uses Darkrai, but we know nothing else.

Paul beat Skarmory in one hit, then came some swapping. In the end, Empoleon tried to bring it back, but did not take out a single Pokemon.

Also, a question from my part: Did Ash expect Gliscor to show up? Had he called for it off-screen?

Either him or Brock like he did in Johto for Charizard

thunderblade12

Yep.

Because the DP series is about to end and they can't go an entire series without having a few reserves battle.

No one knows yet. All we know is that he has a Darkrai and Ash will battle him eventually.

Sweep. But Hitmonlee put up quite a fight against Ursaring and Empoleon stood strong against Electivire and even activated Torrent.

Sparklingwater

BTW, if you want to watch Japanese episode just go to youtube and search

"DP 184" - that's the Paul vs Barry battle
"DP 185" - that's the Ash vs Conway Battle

Just keep searching DP 182, DP 181, DP 180, etc to find previous pokemon.

Last edited:

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
The writers probably got to many complains about the last league where Ash simply use only his Hoenn Pokemon so they made Ash use his reserves

He's the legendary trainer which owns a Darkrai and he'll be battling Ash, they said his name is Takuto and that's all we know

I rather call it sweep, the battle was ended in 3-0 but Barry did put up a very good fight

gliscor&yanmega

Well we were never given an actual reason I don't think, but considering a lot of people wanted to see Ash's past Pokemon and the writers probably knew that, so they gave us what we wanted.

It came as a shock for people which is always good.

Plus some of Ash's Pokemon haven't received a tuneup that was needed.

And it's more interesting to see Ash use more then just his six Pokemon he had in the region he's in.

He doesn't look like Paul, in my opinion. He's just some guy who has never been seen in the anime until now. He has a Darkrai and is going to battle Ash. He most likely has no connections with Paul.

Depends what you would consider "sweep" and "close". Barry lost without knocking out a single one of Paul's Pokemon. Barry did somewhat of a good job and I think Paul had some troubles during the battle, I don't really remember it perfectly though.

Misty Lover17

Water Trainer
Now we've seen that guy who owns a Darkrai.

There's no really reason why we see his old Pokemon again. The opening showed them but not all of them.

Encyclopika

The Queen
Your questions have been answered, but ya could have just browsed the forum or waited for episode pictures/synopsis.

//CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.