1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Explorer.exe keeps crashing and laptop keeps restarting

Discussion in 'Technology Discussion' started by Shinehollow, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Shinehollow

Shinehollow Hey Queenie!

I can't find a simple answer to this on any site I can find so this is the only place I can ask.

My HP Pavilion dv7 keeps restarting about 5-10 seconds after logging in. Sometimes I can catch an error message saying "explorer.exe has stopped working. Press OK to terminate the program" before it restarts. I have no idea if it's responisble or not, but given it was fine Wednesday before the error message showed up leads me to believe it.

I can't access anything on my desktop at all during this period, as a lot of the answers require downloading something or doing something on the desktop. So I need to find a solution on the start up screen. It's Windows 7, if that helps.

EDIT: So I decided to run a disk check and that worked. Never mind this thread is cancelled.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017