• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Explorers of the Hero's Ruin! (725)

JudySpell

Banned
Cedric Juniper was too much to handle & was very entertaining. I also liked the Zekrom references and learning about Unova's history. 7/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
Seeing the male Araragi-hakase debut was good since he had more personality than his daughter did. The Zekrom references were also a nice touch, although we didn't see Zekrom itself here. Symboler and Deathkarn appearing was entertaining, especially when Iris and Kibago got themselves mummified.

The writers are really improving their pacing and timing with the episodes now they don't resort to TR's gags. Another good point is seeing Cilan and Iris using their Pokemon to solve things instead seeing Ash throwing all he has.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Easily one of my favourite BW episodes so far, and one of the funniest of all time. This was also probably the only time that Iris's complaints have felt somewhat justified.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I honestly would've enjoyed seeing the female Araragi-hakase here since we could've seen her interact with her father, and it's also a shame that Reshiram wasn't mentioned as much as Zekrom in this episode.

Daizy

I call you honey
The image of Ash and Pikachu "dead" was grim and funny all at once. Exploring ancient ruins and chambers would make any episode like this one fun. Cedric Juniper was a hoot.

Scorbunnie

Cedric Juniper was much better than the female Juniper because he was more enthusiastic and more lively but this episode was hard to watch knowing that Zekrom wasn't going to make a full appearance.

This episode was a wasted chance to make Ash meet Zekrom again and get some foreshadowing going for Episode N.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Scorbunnie said:
This episode was a wasted chance to make Ash meet Zekrom again and get some foreshadowing going for Episode N.
In a way yes it was a missed chance to make Zekrom more important so that it could've clashed with Reshiram later on in the saga, but I think that the writers decided against that because of how the whole Plasma-dan subplot got changed after the 2011 earthquake. So instead this episode was dedicated more to giving us backstory on the legends surrounding Zekrom.