• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Explorers of the Hero's Ruin! (725)

JudySpell

Banned
Cedric Juniper was too much to handle & was very entertaining. I also liked the Zekrom references and learning about Unova's history. 7/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
Seeing the male Araragi-hakase debut was good since he had more personality than his daughter did. The Zekrom references were also a nice touch, although we didn't see Zekrom itself here. Symboler and Deathkarn appearing was entertaining, especially when Iris and Kibago got themselves mummified.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
The writers are really improving their pacing and timing with the episodes now they don't resort to TR's gags. Another good point is seeing Cilan and Iris using their Pokemon to solve things instead seeing Ash throwing all he has.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I honestly would've enjoyed seeing the female Araragi-hakase here since we could've seen her interact with her father, and it's also a shame that Reshiram wasn't mentioned as much as Zekrom in this episode.

Daizy

I call you honey
The image of Ash and Pikachu "dead" was grim and funny all at once. Exploring ancient ruins and chambers would make any episode like this one fun. Cedric Juniper was a hoot.

Scorbunnie

Cedric Juniper was much better than the female Juniper because he was more enthusiastic and more lively but this episode was hard to watch knowing that Zekrom wasn't going to make a full appearance.

This episode was a wasted chance to make Ash meet Zekrom again and get some foreshadowing going for Episode N.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Scorbunnie said:
This episode was a wasted chance to make Ash meet Zekrom again and get some foreshadowing going for Episode N.

In a way yes it was a missed chance to make Zekrom more important so that it could've clashed with Reshiram later on in the saga, but I think that the writers decided against that because of how the whole Plasma-dan subplot got changed after the 2011 earthquake. So instead this episode was dedicated more to giving us backstory on the legends surrounding Zekrom.

Adventure Rule Number Four: Never give up until the very end.
This sounds oddly familiar as a similar catchphrase is what Ash told Serena while they were kids (and they both ended up using that catchphrase throughout XY) I have a theory that Ash read Cedric's books as a kid which is where he got that catchphrase. I know that the line "never give up until it's over" is a reference to this. Love to see Amourshipping references.

I love the Indiana Jones reference!

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
This Episode was so random and really added nothing but unused lore which makes me wonder if there was originally a Team Plasma Episode here which was hastily scrapped and replaced with this eventually once the Staff was informed that Team Plasma Introduction Episodes wouldn't air. Even more weirder, two episodes after this we get some Dumb Bouffalant Episode. Bouffalant was already the focus Pokemon when Alder made his Debut earlier. Why does it need another episode when you have in total 150+ New Pokemon which Generation 5 introduced to show & promote (?) It makes no sense to me. I find it baffling. More on, considering the random string of fillers before the Clay Battle. I really, really think there were several spam of Team Plasma Episodes planned in the 50s/60s which were replaced with either fillers or episodes which really didn't add up anything in general. And we take in consideration of Ash's Gym Badge Case suddenly changing shape of Silhouettes (removing the Badge Silhouettes and making them all Generic) makes me wonder if some of this episodes were purposefully airing out of order in order to cover the scrapped Team Plasma Episodes.