• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Explorers of the Hero's Ruin! (725)

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
I enjoyed this episode and it was quite interesting. I found Cofagrigus to be a pretty cool pokemon.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This was one of the worst fillers of BW in my opinion. I remember being excited because of Zekrom and the possibility of seeing N or Team Plasma in the anime, but I was let down as usual. Cedric Juniper was mildly interesting at first, but I got tired of him halfway through the episode. I was happy to see Cofagrigus and Sigilyph, though. They saved the episode from being really boring. However, I still felt that more could've been done in terms of the plot. Things just didn't work out the way they should have.

R?IDDl3R

ace trainer
This was one of the worst fillers of BW in my opinion. I remember being excited because of Zekrom and the possibility of seeing N or Team Plasma in the anime, but I was let down as usual. Cedric Juniper was mildly interesting at first, but I got tired of him halfway through the episode. I was happy to see Cofagrigus and Sigilyph, though. They saved the episode from being really boring. However, I still felt that more could've been done in terms of the plot. Things just didn't work out the way they should have.

what did you have in mind that would make it better.... zekrom appearing off something... or ash interacting more with his pokemon... cuz thats what i think would have made it better

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
Cedric Juniper is a really quirky character and I enjoyed all the moments that he made which made me chuckle :p. Not only that I think I enjoyed the whole adventure through the ruins :D. Finally, I enjoyed the montage near the end showing some of the past adventures of the gang in unova that was a nice touch.

The episode ended with the sunglasses krokorok, I wonder what he's up to. Anyway, good episode :D.

Battra

We could've had an episode connecting back to the first 2 episode of Black & White, & dealing with why Zekrom took away Pikachu's electricity, but instead we get comedy cause you know DIEING, & looting ruins is incredibly funny. Only good thing was the return of the original Prof. Oak Stan Hart, nice to see him return to the series.

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
but instead we get comedy cause you know DIEING, & looting ruins is incredibly funny.
Wait were did you see comedy in this entire episode? The only humour I found was from Cedric while in the majority of the episode the suspension of the character's lives being in risk was shown rather well in my view. So I can't see how this entire episode was comedy - There were some funny moments in the episode, yes, but at the same time there was clearly suspenseful moments too while Cedric and the group were exploring the ruins.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Wait were did you see comedy in this entire episode? The only humour I found was from Cedric while in the majority of the episode the suspension of the character's lives being in risk was shown rather well in my view. So I can't see how this entire episode was comedy - There were some funny moments in the episode, yes, but at the same time there was clearly suspenseful moments too while Cedric and the group were exploring the ruins.

You don't see the over the top comedic attempt of the writers trying to pull off a Indiano Jones pastiche during this episode? They obviously tried to make it look funny.. Didn't know you were such a kid to actually think this was suspenseful..

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
Yes because references are always meant to be funny. It's parodies that are always funny, references can be mixed around. By the way, please don't make me hate Iris's well know phrase, I love that about her and whenever someone uses it as an insult it I find it makes her character look bad. Iris uses it for taunting, never insulting. Besides why would a kid look for suspense? Suspense is mostly serious and many children prefer entertainment.

There's no need to be rude. I was asking a simple and respectable question on what made the episode funny when I only saw humour among Cedric.

Last edited:

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I thought Elder Professor Juniper was quite a funny character; he really had me for a second, and just went crazy cool. He's a fun guy no doubt. Although there's not a whole lot I can say about the episode's plot. It was a decent adventure, like Indiana Jones, but that's it. Although, Cofagrigus was a really cool Pokemon to see in the anime.

gliscor&yanmega

Enjoyed the dub version. I thought Sigilyph's dub voice was fine, as well as Cedric's. I liked Cofagrigus' dub voice as well.

CupidKirby

Definetly hoping Cedric returns soon, the guy is just such a typical troll. He really brought out some funny interactions between the BWtrio which is one of my favorite things in the show.

I noticed lately that the writers have been showcasing Cilan and Iris' pokemon more than Ash's and find it kind of cool but am mostly neutral towards it. As for the whole connection to Zekrom thing...I would be lying if I said I wasn't hoping that this episode would foreshadow something to do with the plot in the games. It could've been worse though. I think the fact that they specifically chose for Ash not to touch the orb might've at least been showing consistency.

"should have" is a pretty bold statement.

halloweenghost

I so missed Stan Hart's voice.. I wish he was there full time to retain the old oak voice... When i first heard cedric,.. I was like wow they need to get this guy to do professor Oak.. he sounds similar to it then the current voice. lol then of course later i read it was Stan Hart and was like...well..that explains it. lol

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Hah, I like the eccentric characters like the old explorer, they crack me up. :) Cedric was a hoot. I like the running gag where his pauses kept making everyone nervous or getting them in trouble.

7/10

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I love this episode. I was disappointed Zekrom didn't appear but I love Cedric.

Unless there's somewhere the group have yet to go to, I'm going to guess that the ruins they were investigating were supposed to be the shows version of Dragonspiral Tower.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Well, I saw this episode a long time ago and found some parts to be a bit scary, when there's the skeleton Ash and 'dead' Pikachu, which I also found to be a bit unusual in the anime. But found it funny when Iris gets wrapped in bandages by Cofagrigus.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Cedric Juniper was pretty cool here plus I liked the ancient ruin setting and the info about Zekrom and the Hero of Unova's past. Seeing the sunglasses Krokorok show up in the end surprised me however. ^^;

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
This episode was okay, but it would've been so much better if we had actually seen Zekrom show up at the ruins. :cool:

I think that the writing staff were saving Zekrom for later or maybe since we saw it in the first Best Wishes episode, the writing staff didn't think we needed to see it again. ^^