• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Exploud and Clear! (342)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Exploud and Clear!

Accidently finding a trainer's disobedient Loudred, Ash is challenged to a battle. He uses his Treecko in a long battle against the Loudred...but when things are starting to get tough, both Loudred and Treecko evolve. Will this battle of strength come to a climatic end?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Yellow

Banned
This episode will be legendary since Ash's Treecko evolves into Grovyle and the Loudred that was on Dewford Island evolves in Exploud as well. It isn't really a long time until it airs in the US, and I can't wait to see this episode.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Geodude said:
That Loudred is NOT the same one from Dewford. No clue where you got that idea from.
*nods* True that, true that. The big giveaway being that they both sound different to each other. Although, I suppose it would've been a nice touch.

Anyways, this episode is awesome and is definatly one to look forward to. Some top-notch animation is used in the battle scenes, making for a more than awesome duel between Grovlye and Exploud as they battle it out near the waterfall. The Treecko vs. Loudred battle is also excellent. I'm glad they used their best animation team for this episode, as they have a somewhat distinctive style that stands out from most other episodes. Love the use of the thick black lines for close-ups.

S

Shiny May

a good ep. The animations were good, i Liked how both Treecko and Loudred evolved at the same time. Also sad how the Loudred/Exploud disobedient its trainer. Grovyle looked great and you can clearly see it's got the same attitude of Treecko. Like how they did that !!
I also liked the thick black lines when there were close-ups. It made it look better !!
A fantastic episode, 9/10

Alfonso

Derpgull
Just a thought, but I wonder what they'll use in place of Maemuki Rokketto-Dan, which was played in this episode. (When TR were trying to catch Expload, I believe. By using a cork-firing... thing.) Team Rocket Forever, perhaps?

...Nah, it wouldn't fit. An English version of Maemuki Roketto-Dan, perhaps? :p (Yeah, you can just see THAT happening. :p)

Raize

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
Heh.

Another episode I'm waiting to see a lot it's the eppy something very special happens to like my Fav of Ash's Pokemon! The battle seems intense and a good one. It's not fair away now! It's coming.

V

vulpix

it was great how treeko evolved in this episode!i was waiting for one of ash's pokemon evolved.think about it how long has it been since one of ash's pokemon evolve.i can say it has been a long long time!!!!

Space Skitty

Hoenn Champion
You can count on Treecko to evolve with a blast! The battle between Treecko/Grovyle & Loudred/Exploud was quite a long and tough battle. I can't wait to see it in America!

S

SeraphimWarrior13

I just saw Grovyle use Leaf Blade on this episode and it's exactly how I pictured it! This was an awesome episode!

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
A great episode. Nothing like two Pokemon with bad attitudes fighting. Everyone's favorite raptor has hit the states.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
-I didn't particularly like Grovyle's dub voice; it sounds too noisy(It makes many noises in the original as well, but not only is it quieter, but it just plain sounds better, since most of its noises are "Jrrrr! Jrrr!"s, kind of like growls. Plus it doesn't seem to make as many of htem when its fighting...) On the other hand, it sounds better than the first Grovyle we heard...still, I can't see why they couldn't have kept its original call. After all, it IS pretty much just growling, and they haven't had problems with that before...
-Amazing how Exploud and Grovyle can make their calls without moving their mouths(or, in Grovyle's case, without even *opening* its mouth)...X_x
-Exploud's voice fits; it's loud and noisy, like it ought to be.
-I only caught the end of the ep. Meh.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Also, no complaints from me for this Episode. It was great in the Original and it was great in the Dub.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Juputoru said:
-I didn't particularly like Grovyle's dub voice; it sounds too noisy(It makes many noises in the original as well, but not only is it quieter, but it just plain sounds better, since most of its noises are "Jrrrr! Jrrr!"s, kind of like growls. Plus it doesn't seem to make as many of htem when its fighting...) On the other hand, it sounds better than the first Grovyle we heard...still, I can't see why they couldn't have kept its original call. After all, it IS pretty much just growling, and they haven't had problems with that before...
This coming from you. I don't know if I should applaud.

Does anyone think this episode would have been slightly better if they showed Grovyle winning the battle with Exploud at the end? I really wish they show the end of battles without cutting them off, cuz I really wanna know who won. They've been doing that for a fair few times. (like Pikachu vs Nicolai's Mudkip, Torkoal against Ludicolo in the next episode etc)

Blaziken Trainer

frednmethod said:
Does anyone think this episode would have been slightly better if they showed Grovyle winning the battle with Exploud at the end? I really wish they show the end of battles without cutting them off, cuz I really wanna know who won. They've been doing that for a fair few times. (like Pikachu vs Nicolai's Mudkip, Torkoal against Ludicolo in the next episode etc)

Yeah, that would be nice. I think Grovyle won.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
"Exploud and Clear" was a great episode. The animation in it was superb, a nice step up from last weeks animation.

Grovyle looks awesome, I just need to get used to it's voice. And I always thought Exploud was one of the coolest new R/S pokemon just by looks. They also confirmed that pokemon's personalities change when they evolve.

Team Rocket also had a disturbing scheme in this episode with "plugging up ever hole".

The battles were pretty good, and I hope this trainer returns in the Hoenn league. Leaf blade looks pretty cool in motion.