1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

External or Internal audio card?

Discussion in 'Technology Help' started by GONZOglasses, Feb 28, 2013.

  1. GONZOglasses

    GONZOglasses Member

    Hey guys. I do lets plays on Youtube and I got these sick new headphones that have an HD Mic and Speaker. Sadly I can't use both for recording in my lets plays. I have been using an integrated sound card (Mother Board) and I can't record both my mic and audio at the same time. I guess it is time for an audio card.

    My question is: should I get an external or internal audio card? I know external ones are cheap, but are they good for high quality recording? If no, than what kind of internal sound card should I get? Please only respond to this if it is helpful.

    I am running on Windows XP Media Center Edition 32-bit, and have a Dell Dimension E510 as my computer if that is helpful.

    Thanks in advanced!

    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  2. TotalPotato

    TotalPotato Vegetable of Doom!

    Have you tried simply putting "record microphone and speakers" into Google? There seem to be several tutorials on how to record both together without buying more hardware.
  3. Nutter t.KK

    Nutter t.KK can Mega Evolve!

    I am going to assume, you are wanting to Record from either a Emulator or a TV Capture card as well as your Mic. I think your issue may be software related, not actually hardware related. So my Suggestions about hardware may be completely useless.

    I have the Tascam US-122 which is "Professional Gear" which means I can plug a Studio Mic in and my PC will record. This expensive hardware when I got it was for sale cost about £100 for the sound card, and £150 for the Mic. But both Music studio quality gear, and can pick up Car doors from a block way. I don't think this set up is for you. It's replacement is still not much cheaper at £80+ . Since I've also used it, The US-144 has a few extra features over the US-122.

    If you want to record your Mic Audio at same time as your Video. What I think you're looking for is Xsplit http://www.xsplit.com/ or Open Broadcaster Software http://obsproject.com/ I'd try Open Broadcaster Software first, as that built to build to be "free" alternative to XSplit. I blame Agro of Kritzkast for both software Choices. This OBS Looks like and XSplit isn't more different: http://www.evernote.com/shard/s9/sh...1f5225be58fd/6a642a859521cb12cd8148a7c566a2fa You can define an area on the screen to show not just the entire Screen. You can combine System Audio (What you hear) and your Mic. This software is very heavy on newer PCs, and given that you're running old, PC I don't think this option is for you, as the PC you said has reviews from 05.

    Another Alternative is to record your Mic Audio in a Audio Editor such as Audacity on your PC. You'll need to work out how to sync your Mic Audio with your Video, and then Most Video editors can combine both Audio from the Video and your PC. Plus if you say something you don't want to be heard, you can Mute your Audio still have the Video's Audio to prevent a moment of Silence.

    Ok. If you're actually recording from a TV Capture Card. You can actually Mix your Audio before it enters the PC by using a Mixer is what you need, they won't be too much. Or you can so some "Trickery" with some certain Hifi Tape decks which will do the Job. You may need a buy a connector and/or a new Mic.

Share This Page