• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Extremely Good - Underated Pokemon

Sphyxius

Ignorance is not bliss. Shuckle can last a hit or 2 but thats it, ands that pretty pathetic for a tanker

Anyone played FFXII? There should be a pokemon equivalent of the Bubble spell, that would help Shuckle a lot. There are moves that boost every other stat... there should be HP boosting moves too. *starts a thread*

Spock

Live Long & Prosper
I like to use Torterra, Mismagius, Magmortar, Froslass, and Gardevoir. They seem to get forgotten.

Arcanine, Sharpedo, and Hariyama.
I use one and it's one of my best partners. With or without activiting its focus sash, many things fall in its wake.
I use a Steelix too; one very nice tank. I wish I saw more of these though.

friend to shuckle

some underated pokemon are extremely good not for battling prowess but for their contest move combos, one of these would be zigzagoon, i had a zigsagoon who got the cute painting in the art gallery in R/S but i don't remeber what moves it learnt...

xgina

Banned
Because Cresselia hands down outclasses it

god you are the 1590823'th idiot to say this

U-TURN/STEALTH ROCK/YAWN/SCREEN/REFLECT

can cresselia do half of what uxie does there?

didn't think so.

also armaldo is so underrated it isn't funny

tha mewlova

lol yeah, i think hitmontop is underated, hes just cool

Aviano

I dropped my balls
Give Ninjask a Focus Sash, use Swords Dance, get hit, use protect, use substitute, use protect, use substitute, etc. etc.... all the while building up speed out the wazola... then Baton Pass... viola... deadly physical sweeper. XD

Wait, how does this work. You have a ninjask. You use swordsdance, you probaly have 1 hp now, you use protect, you try to make a sub with 1HP, it fails, you die.

Also, pretty much everything that's slow is strong when batonpassed speed to it >_>

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Xatu, Flareon,Aggron,Arbok,Ninetales, Arcanine, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Vespiquen, Octillery, Houndoom, Medicham, Sharpedo, Wailord, Flygon, Rampardos, Bastiodon, Mamoswine, Gliscor and many more.........

EDIT: Scizor, Slowbro, Crobat, Steelix, Froslass, PorygonZ............

Last edited:

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Kingdra, Donphan, Miltank, Camerupt, Altaria, Armaldo, Cradily, Aerodactyl, Kabutops, Omastar, Snorlax, Floatzel, Himonchan, Hitmonlee, Meganium, Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Gyarados, Swampert, Empoleon, Blaziken, Sceptile, Blastiose, Venusaur, Exeggutor and most importantly.....

;006; Charizard:(

EDIT: Rank Up!!!!!!!!

B-MAN

Chatot. Why does everybody hate chatot? I went through Diamond with 2 flying types: Staraptor and chatot, Chatot is helpful for sing and mimic and hyper voice! Chatot is not bad!

Kingdra, Donphan, Miltank, Camerupt, Altaria, Armaldo, Cradily, Aerodactyl, Kabutops, Omastar, Snorlax, Floatzel, Himonchan, Hitmonlee, Meganium, Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Gyarados, Swampert, Empoleon, Blaziken, Sceptile, Blastiose, Venusaur, Exeggutor and most importantly.....

Hardly any of those are underrated.

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
Altaria. It makes a great with Natural Cure. Granted it has a 4X Weakness to Ice, but a lot of Pokemon have 4 X Weaknesses, granted they have better uses then Alty but meh.
Altaria also has decent attack stats and gets Dragon Dance, meaning it can make for a decent UU Sweeper.
Same with Choice Specs and Fire Blast/Dragon Claw.

Natural Cure/ Roost/ Heal Bell/ Safeguard/ Perish Song/ Feather Dance all mean Altaria can make a good supporter. Though Roost would require a switch, a Perish Song + Roost gives you the free turn to heal and switch out the turn after, as long as your opponent switches immediatly, though that's rare >.>

kinglax

will give nethin 4it
Ludicolo and Shiftry arent hard to get, but Ludicolo friggin OWNZ!

And Kabutops has a good deal too!

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.

I stopped reading when I got to Gyarados and Swampert.

I'm really curious on Chariking's definition of 'underrated' since he's classified one of the best Heracross counters aka Gliscor as one of them.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Lickilicky. Probably because often when people make teams it's more of a popularity contest than actually making a good team.